91 Four Mile Canyon Drive, Boulder, Colorado, 80302, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Boulder Mountain Lodge

a sweet Canyon Campground close to town

by richiecdisc about Boulder Mountain Lodge Campground

Boulder Mountain Lodge was a nice find. Located in a gorgeous valley just west of downtown Boulder, it offers a fairly pastoral setting conveniently close to town. The lodge looked nice enough but we took advantage of their small campground since the weather was nice. It felt warm to us since Boulder is at quite a bit lower elevation than Rocky Mountain National Park where we had been just been camping. It was quiet and a very pleasant place to camp for one night. Boulder Mountain Campground was a very simple one with a line of grassy plots and a small gazebo that you could cook in if the weather was poor. It was not and we ate our meals in town so never used it. We would have cooked up breakfast but they Lodge provided a free continental one in their little lobby which also had free wireless. They had orange juice, coffee, and some muffins. It was nothing fancy but was adequate while checking your e-mail and getting ready to go into town.

I can't say if the rooms are anything special and they look to be around $100 from their website but the camping rate of $22 was good value and I would use them again.

don't drink the water, drink the beer

by richiecdisc

Boulder is a very cool town. If you like the great outdoors and an alternative flair, it's one place you might like to call home. One of its assets is great beer. Home to many small craft brewers, if you enjoy good beer, you are bound to enjoy Boulder. One place to not miss is Avery Brewing. It's quite possibly Colorado's best and right in Boulder. Prost. It was nice to wake up in our tent, in my comfy sleeping bag. Normally, I would dread camping when in a town but my previous stab at a room in Boulder had led me to a roach-infested hovel of a hostel back in 1994. US hostels are not the best and that one in particular was about the worst. Sure, you could walk to the brewpubs but unless you drank even more than I did, you would have a tough time sleeping once there.

Boulder is a fairly pricey town and after checking the new hostels on the web, it sounded similar to my nightmarish experience so I started to check for campgrounds. As chance would have it, my wife had grabbed one of those cheap hotel discount magazines for Colorado and that's how we happened upon Boulder Mountain Lodge which just happened to have a campground on-site. It was kind of funny, now that our six-month camping extravaganza around the US was coming to an end, we weren't looking as forward to our occasional room. I guess we had become so used to camping that we knew we would miss it. There's something about being outside all the time that is just better for you. The truth was, neither of us had gotten sick that summer and being outside surely must have been part of the reason. We knew we had some places coming up on our drive back east where we would have to get a room but for this moment, we enjoyed one of our last nights sleeping in our tent, a place that had been our home in some of the most beautiful places on the planet. It was understandable that we would miss it.

bring your own picnic & the beer is free!bring your own picnic & the beer is free!

Lovely family, The Potter Family!Lovely family, The Potter Family!

Rocky Mountain SnowballRocky Mountain Snowball

15th Street and Pearl15th Street and Pearl

Drinks anyone?

by shohman

I'll be in Denver and Boulder November 11-16 Anyone up for a drink?

RE: Drinks anyone?

by caffeine_induced78

Hey Scott,

If you are interested in a little walking tour and perhaps some drinks I'll be happy to show you around. I've given Denver natives tours of Denver and had them say "How do you know so much?"
Most likely I will have days off early in the week (monday or tuesday).

I'll keep you updated on my schedule.

RE: RE: Drinks anyone?

by shohman

that would be great! I am free anytime. I'm staying in Boulder, but I wanted to take in Denver at some point. Thanks for the offer.
cheers

Travel Tips for Boulder

Dress in Layers

by hssh1976

Hiking boots, Fleece, clothes you can layer. People here are obsessed with these rubber shoes called "Crocks." lip balm! carry it everywhere and have it at all times. Also - sunblock!!! A "Camelback" or water bottle for hiking

Niwot

by mikelisaanna

Niwot is a small friendly town about 5-10 miles northeast of Boulder. If you get tired of the crowds and high cost of Boulder, Niwot is a pleasant change of pace. It is very low key, with a well-preserved historic downtown section that is like walking into a time warp, but one with good restaurants and good shopping.

Estes Park a cute little town...

by JVENUTO

Estes Park a cute little town for shopping. As you approach the town from Boulder you'll see a big white hotel were the movie The Shining was filmed.
Go on thru the town to Rocky Mtn. national prk. Take the one way road going up much more scenic. Watch for elk near the top.

Comments