900 Walnut Street, Boulder, Colorado, 80302, United States

Orbitz.com amextravel.com Preferred Hotels

• Teledude's Profile Photo

Boulder's Newest Upscale Hotel

I haven't stayed here so I can't comment on the rooms but I have seen them and they are definitely pretty swanky. It's a new hotel and it was built to host conferences and such. it's also very pricey. There is a decent restaurant that hosts a pretty nice Happy Hour and decent Margaritas. The location is perfect as it is 1 block away from Pearl st. Within walking distance is livlier nightlife, better restaurants and shops, hiking in the mountains, biking and walking on the Boulder Creek path, the city library and grocery shopping.

As far as the hotel goes, only time will tell what people's reactions to it are. It was a long time in the planning process and now it's here. Personally, I prefer the charm and feel of the Boulderado.

Directions: 9th and Canyon, Entrance on Walnut

• hssh1976's Profile Photo

Newest Hotel in Boulder

Beautiful new hotel right near Peal Street Mall. I haven't stayed there, but have visited the bar a couple times. very different than other bars in Boulder. Couches and comfy chairs abound and make it a good place to have some wine and visit with friends.

Unique Quality: Great views of the Flatirons. A huge new spa is just about completed.

Directions: Pearl street area

More about St. Julien Hotel And Spa

room for improvement

by TripAdvisor Member relaxedtravelers

We stayed at the St. Julien after our wedding. We live in Boulder and though we would treat ourselves for one night before going on our honeymoon. We thought the room was fabulous. We also loved the whirlpool and the patio. My biggest complaint is service. I am not sure if we were treated differently because we are in our 20's, but it sure felt like it. The people at the front desk seemed a little put out when we asked questions upon check in. No one offered to bring our bags up. There was no valet when we arrived and when we asked about parking at the front desk, they didn't offer it as an option and simply told us that we could park our car in the public parking lot under the hotel. The service in the bar was also lacking. The waitress was rude as acted as if we were imposing on her time. I think her exact words were "what do you want?" as she tossed down coasters. This was after waiting 20 minutes in an almost empty bar for her to approach us. We ordered drinks, which were made incorrectly and in the wrong glasses, and decided not to order another and take our business elsewhere. Aside from the horrible service, the hotel was fine. I hope they get their act together soon.

Loved those beds !!

by TripAdvisor Member aspenannie

We spent one night at the St. Julienne Hotel in Boulder on 7/16. Once you get past the reservations desk, your stay will be amazing. The rooms are very very nice - the beds are probably the MOST comfortable I have ever had at a hotel...and we travel alot. The bathrooms have a very deep soaking tub, stand up shower, nice amenities. It was quiet - we did not hear noise from a neighboring room (maybe a little in the bathroom) but in the sleeping area, narry a sound. We did not have time to check out the spa - but have been told that the lap pool area is great.

We were warned that their reservations are a mess so I called the day before we arrive to confirm. They had the room category wrong but happily corrected it - and told us we could check in at 2, an hour early. We didn't arrive until 3:20 - and were told that because they were full the night before, the room wasn't ready and would be a 30-45 minute wait. When I said it was "unacceptable", the clerk replied by saying "what do you want me to do? This happens all the time in hotels". We didn't budge and the supervisor came over and did find us a room. This kind of exchange is just totally unprofessional and uncalled for. If the hotel knows they are full - they better bring in more cleaning people. They are going to have to figure this problem out if they are going to be the kind of hotel they strive to be.

But...once you're past those unpleasantries, it's great. Bring your patience at check-in and then enjoy the fabulous room and location.

Fabulous all-around stay

by TripAdvisor Member happnenman

I had walked through the hotel in an earlier visit to Boulder (where I used to live) and it caught my eye, so decided to give it a try this past visit. I found their introductory rate on their web site affordable (not much more than the Holiday Inn Express on the north side of town), so booked directly through their web site. The superior room was fabulous, with two queen beds, large flat screen TV and all the accomodations a business travel would need. I found the stone tiled bathroom with separate shower and bath a very nice touch. Great accomodations for the price. The hotel staff was top notch, polite, professional and courteous in all respects, a seeming far cry from those views expressed by others. I couldn't have asked for more. Try the happy hour on the back patio for pleasant atmosphers and very reasonably priced drinks and appetizers.

St. Julien - Memorable experience

by TripAdvisor Member jsantana

I have never written about a hotel following a stay. Most often the experience is satisfactory. I am driven to write tabout the St. Julien because of an extraordinary hotel experience. It goes without saying that the property is beautiful, yet unpretentious. The hotel details just completed the look and feel for us.

What stands out the most was the outstanding attention from staff. I'd like to mention a few examples. As our four day stay ticked by the attention by all staff really made an impression, enough of an impression to write about it.

On July 20th, my husband and I arrived at the another hotel in town. We immediately realized that the location was not as we had expected. As we had lunch (prior to our room being ready) we talked about changing hotels. As we walked back to our car we checked with the hotel desk staff at the St. Julien. From that moment on . . . the experience was superior.

Coker told us he'd be happy to honor a quote for a first time guest. His co-worker, a young red head was also gracious and helpful. Catherine was also welcoming throughout our stay.

A day later in the pool area I had asked a female pool worker where folks were getting the water. She stopped and went into the health club and delivered a glass of water to me. Another day, a male pool person asked each guest if they needed anything.

At happy hour on Friday evening the place was crowded. A gentleman told us that he'd get chairs for us. He did and then took a drink order. When we attempted to tip him he refused. Later I realized Bryan was a beverage manager. The next evening we observed Bryn and the management team moving tables, gathering chairs and assisting. What was so impressive is that they provided service rather than telling us that they'd get a waiter for us.

On Friday, during the day, the consierge (mature female) suggested a great brew pub for us to try in Lyon. Oscar Blues was a memorable experience, thanks to her. Estes Park was remarkable expecially the scenic route she detailed for us.

On Saturday, bartender Steve guided us to some great restaurant choices.

On Sunday, July 23rd, we missed getting a NY times. Glynn went to another room and returned with the Sunday paper for us. In addition, he helped to set us up with bikes.

What hit me was the consistent, outstanding, go out of your way service that made us feel so comfortable. So all in all, our four day getaway to Boulder was fantastic due to the stunning location, well appointed hotel and the fabulous experience at the St. Julien.

Love this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RLNYC

I've stayed at this hotel twice. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are amazing, the bathrooms are stunning, and the entire building is beautifully decorated. It's near Pearl Street shopping and most of the staff is very nice. The spa is great too. The restaurant is really lovely but the service in the AM is not good. Our experience at dinner was much better. The only serious complaint I have is with the concierge - we experienced attitudes on different occasions, and two boxes we scheduled to be picked up via Fed Ex the day we checked out were left sitting there for an entire day and would probably still be sitting there if I had not tracked the packages.

New Standards for Boulder

by TripAdvisor Member Towandaaz

Hey, I saw those boxes to be Fed-Xed with the concierge! She was ignoring us while packaging them up for you! She, however, was the only staff member that could use a customer service lesson. When we asked for the best Italian restaurant recommendation, she didn't even mention Frasca, a fine, fine restaurant with ties to The French Laundry brand (how exciting for Boulder!). Instead, she recommended a new place that she hadn't even tried! Frasca is believe it or not, a month out on reservations, but hold a coupla walk-in tables each night which she didn't even bother to pick up the phone and call about. We stopped back at the concierge a little later and a difference man was there along with the parking man who were both terrific. BTW, We had dinner at Baccaro which is a good standard.

We had wine and panini at Jill's for lunch that reminded me of a lunch in Tuscany we had last year. That fresh, good and visually appealing! Absolutely love the interior (very, very good interior design/materials) and the open air windows.

I agree with more recent reviews... great comfortable rooms, extremely quiet for the downtown location (good double-paned balcony doors with a tight seal), very good staff and very quiet A/C - not your typical hotel noisy thing. I am familiar with many of Boulder's accommodations and this raises the bar dramatically for hoteliers in the area. A true home away from home.

20 Hours of Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member tlc59

For our 20th anniversary I booked the St Julien Hotel. We started our day with spa treatments. I had the day of decadence, five hours of bliss, and when I go again I will make sure to get the sugar scrub with Susan, it was the best part of my day. My husband had three treatments, including his first facial, his highlight of the day. Lucky for us when we arrived for our spa day, the hotel had two no shows from the previous night, so we checked in and went to our room at 10:30 am!! Not to be expected the hotel had 13 days of sellout. After the spa pampering we spent the evening in our magnificant room. The most amazing, comfortable bed, beautiful decor. But the bathroom tops it all. The toliet is in a separated room, the sink, soaking tub and full glass shower (seperate) are all surrounded by flagstone and have plenty of space. If you want to spoil yourself stay here!!

Comments