The Lodge And Spa At Breckenridge

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Lodge And Spa At Breckenridge

A real treat even without the Spa!

by TripAdvisor Member edgarbanff

Location! Location! Our four day stay at this jewell of a property overlooking Breckenridge and the Ski Area was memorable with top notch service, accommodation and staff! A heart warming welcome from Rachel, Dawn and the president of the resort Eric gave us the feeling we had become part of a family! The dinners were outstanding served by friendly and professional staff Natalie, Christian and Chris; we were impressed by the gym and just had a taste of the spa... we want to come back with more time to get pampered next time! Highly recommend to stay at one of their charming, self-contained log homes that make you want to stay for ever!

Breathtaking View.

Had the pleasure of spending four nights in the most relaxing atmosphere. Although this was supposed to be the busiest weekend of the year (spring Break) the level of attention and service we recieved was outstanding. Rooms were spacious, clean with a view of the mountain that is absolutely gorgeous. Good value for the money. The restaurant was on par with the finer dining one would expect from a five star restaurant. Staff were extremely courteous and helpfull.

My work requires a great deal of travel and so I have spent more nights than I would like to in hotels. The Lodge and Spa is one that i look forward to returning to.

Good accomodations in Breckenridge

I stayed at the Lodge and Spa in Breckenridge in 2004, and had a wonderful time. It was out of the way of the glittered strip, but had a shuttle bus for pickup and dropoff. The staff was attentive, and the hotel accomodations were very nice. We had two rooms; a suite and a double. They were both nicely appointed and well-maintained by the staff. The food in the restaurant was very good, and the wait staff was prompt and courteous.

The price of the hotel was reasonable, and the Spa treatments were fabulous. The manager of this property really knows what he's doing, and his projects to improve the resort will only increase it's popularity!!

Enjoyed the Lodge and Spa

I recently spent a 4 day ski weekend at the Lodge and Spa and really enjoyed the stay. The staff was profression, courteous, and always ready to be of service. Our room was warm and cozy and we woke up to a marvelous view of the slopes we would be skiing on. Especially nice was that upon return from skiing we could relax in the hot-tubs, again with a view to the ski-slopes. We had dinner one night at the restaurant and the food was terrific, the best we had in Breckenridge. There was also live entertainment during dinner. We hope to go again next year.

un veritable hotel de charme

for our 1st trip to Colorado, we really had a great surprise to discover the Lodge and spa at Breckenridge.

it is so nice to go back to a cosy wooden hotel after a long skiing day! : cosy, very well decorated rooms, spa, hot tubes, fire places, fantastic views on the mountains.... what a dream!

the staff is really kind, service perfect, and the Top of the world restaurant, the best of Breckenridge.

we appreciated the non-stop free shuttle from the hotel to the slopes. 1 call and the kind drivers picked up wherever we were!

A place to discover and to go back to!

Unique setting and wonderful experience!

I spent a week at the Lodge & Spa during my annual ski trip to Summit County. I had a terrific experience! I had a comfortable room, well maintained during my stay by the housekeeping staff, with a picturesque view of the surrounding mountain range. The staff was very helpful and addressed all of my needs.

The restaurant provides a fantastic dinner! I used to work in a Four Diamond restaurant and the service, food, and presentation at the Lodge & Spa restaurant is on par. The complimentary continental breakfast in the morning was perfect for a quick bite before hitting the slopes. The shuttle service was convenient, prompt, and friendly. Great outdoor hot tub location – on an outdoor deck facing the mountain tops.

Come for the skiing but stay for the view and service!

My wife and I are from the Pacific Northwest and due to the lack of snow in our part of the country, we ventured out to Colorado this year. Based on a friends recommendation, we decided to try the Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge. What great choice.

The Lodge and Spa allowed us to wake up to a spectacular view of the Rocky mountains right out our window. The lodge and its rooms were rustic and charming and really emphasizes that you are a thousand miles away from the big city rush. After getting in a great day of skiing we follow it up with a soak in the hot tub and a hot stone massage at the Spa--tried it for the first time and all I can say is WOW . . . felt like a new man.

We then ended the day with a gourmet dinner at the Lodge and Spa’s restaurant. Being in the restaurant business for over twelve years, I can say that the chef’s Wild Boar Carpaccio and Elk Tenderloin Medallions finished with a savory wild game sauce rivaled wild game preparations we have enjoyed in some of the best restaurants in the country. On both nights we dined at the Lodge and Spa, our servers Christian and Chris appeared to have a strong grasp of their extensive wine list and were able to select spectacular wines to enjoy with our food.

The attentive service, the spectacular views, and all its amenities really made the Lodge and Spa a perfect ski getaway for us.

Devil in the details

by TripAdvisor Member windypark

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge and Spa for two days and were deeply disappointed. While the property is in a stunning location, and while the room itself was a nice size with a gorgeous view, all the details were cheap, disappointing, or wrong. For example, the sheets on our super king-sized bed were popping off the corners of the bed. Our room had no radio, no CD player, and only the most annoying kind of alarm clock. The bed itself was hard as a rock -- the worst mattress I've slept on in a long, long time! Despite its enormous size, it had only two smashed pillows on it. I called housekeeping for sheets and pillows -- and got the front desk attendant. When I called the restaurant to ask the hours for the continental breakfast, I got the front desk attendent. Finally on my third call to straighten annoyances out, when I got the front desk attendant yet again, I asked: "I get you no matter what button I push on the phone! Are you the only one here?" To which he confirmed he was! And the poor guy was due to be in first thing the next morning, too, so no wonder he was impatient with my (albeit legitimate!) requests. One of the doors on the TV armoire was completely missing. The shower head in the bathroom was not on a pivot joint and so shot straight across the shower and streamed down the wall, unable to be re-aimed. The one small towel rod in the bathroom was not large enough to hold even hand- and face-towels. The bathroom itself was tiny, the fixtures were cheap: at the price we paid, I was planning on a nice marble bathroom.... I would strongly advise anyone thinking of staying at the Lodge and Spa to skip it: there are much better places in Breckenridge for the price!

Summit County Gem

This property is really coming into its own with attentive service and stunning views. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone. The shuttle to and from Breckenridge was on-time and convenient. The food was great and the breakfast made for a great start to our ski day.

The Lodge & Spa at Breckinridge: Amenities and service somewhat shabby

We checked in April 29 and out May 1. We were delighted with the location, and the initial appearance of the Lodge. However, we gradually found that the rooms, the bed and bedding, upkeep, condition, the "spa," and skimpy service at this "4 star" property were in need of an upgrade. We were in Room 222.

The bath:
1) The only mirror was very small over the sink. None in the bedroom.
2) There were only 2 smallish size bath towels. Aveda products were nice.

Uncomfortable bedding and bed:
3) The thin bottom sheet on the bed would not remain in place when we laid down and we were unable to keep it on the mattress. The small mattress pad bunched up.
4) There were only two sleeping pillows on the bed, both of which seemed to be quite old and thin down pillows, making it impossible to get comfortable. We both had stiff necks.
5) The mattress was not comfortable when compared to 3-star hotels we've stayed in.
6) The hotel overall was very warm, including our room. The only way to cool the room for sleeping was to open a window (it was snowing hard). We slept with a sheet and blanket only.
7) There was no chair or table in the room. The only place to sit was the bed. Luggage had to go on the floor.

Worn interior. You want a hotel, especially a 4-star, to appear well kept and clean.
8) Worn interior: The wood in many places through the hotel seemed very worn, scuffed, dried, cracking - in need of sanding and refinishing. The scounces in the hallways were without shades. Some of the lobby furniture was in need of replacement.
9) More wear: The wood plank floor in the restaurant was extremely black and scuffed - beyond "charming," it was down to bare wood and in obvious need of cleaning and refinishing. We could see daylight under at least one of the window frames. The front doors of the hotel needed refinishing.

The Restaurant.
10) The view from the restaurant is spectacular. However, the pork was extremely tough - I couldn't cut most of it, let alone chew it. We told the waiter and he apologized and gave us a survey card to fill out., which we did. The complimentary continental breakfast was okay. Bagels, bread, muffins, a small fruit plate, cream cheese spreads. Could a 4-star property have made a better effort?
11) Restaurant service. Throughout our stay, there was a blizzard. The evening of April 30 we were told (at 6:25 PM) that the restaurant was completely booked. They said a party of 25 was expected at 7:45PM - an hour and fifteen minutes from the time of our arrival. Tables were sitting empty. We were told we couldn't order dinner in the bar but MIGHT still be able to get tapis.

We were in complete disbelief that a 4-star property would not make every effort to accommodate lodge guests, particularly in view of the snow storm. With no other restaurants nearby, we drove the trecherous snow and ice packed road to town for dinner.

12) No wake-up call. Friday, April 29, we called the front desk and ask for a wake-up call for 6:30 AM the next morning. No call.
13) We toured the "spa" - two outdoor jacuzzis and an indoor pool in a plain small room. We could not see to the bottom of the swimming pool. We could barely see a step down into the yellowish/greenish water. We concluded that there was far too much chlorine in the pool making the water opaque.

We recently stayed in Marriott Courtyard hotels, 3-star rated. They were in excellent shape, well decorated, great beds and bedding, and offered far better rooms and service than The Lodge.

Tom and Patricia Pursley
p.s., in trying to send this comment sheet on the hotel's website, it was returned as "page cannot be found."

From balcony looking into rear parking lotFrom balcony looking into rear parking lot

Blue Skies in ColoradoBlue Skies in Colorado