530 N US HWY 24, Buena Vista, CO 81211 9682
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Buena Vista

SubmergedSubmerged

Calmer portion of the ArkansasCalmer portion of the Arkansas

The main officeThe main office

what to do?what to do?

Travel Tips for Buena Vista

Go whitewater rafting!! The...

by kel_e

Go whitewater rafting!! The guides and the Arkansas river are wonderful! I had the time of my life. We went to CO with 3 other families. At night, the parents would all go out to the bars and us 'children' would do whatever. One night, we took the van to the drive-in movie theater to see Braveheart and Snow White (double feature). I don't think I really watched much of the movie just because I was unable to take my eyes off the sky! As we watched the movie, you could see the silouette of the mountains in the background- Beautiful! And there was also a meteor shower and the stars were Green, Blue, Orange, Yellow, etc. It was sooooo pretty!

Cottonwood Hot Springs

by leafmcgowan

A developed Hot Springs just 5 1/2 miles west of colorful Buena Vista. A small rustic countryside inn nestled in the desert cliff mountainsides overlooks a series of concrete enhanced pools for hot springs users to relax in. 4 tent camping plots, private cabins with their own hot spring pools, a hostel type dorm room, and hotel rooms give visitors a place to settle. The pools are open till midnight, and 24 hr access for those staying on the property. After dark, the pools are clothing optional, while daytime suits are required as kids are present in the pools. Bordered by Cottonwood Creek and the San Isabel National Forest, scenic beauty surrounds the resort. The pools are fed by geo-thermal, gravity-fed mineral spas historically noted for their medicinal and therapeutic qualities which were used for centuries by the Ute indians as a spiritual gathering retrieat. They offer lots of retreats and activities.
Rating 3.0 stars out of 5. Visited: 8/26/06.

Buena Vista - adventures in high altitude drinking

by caffeine_induced78

"Under the Collegiate Range."

Buena Vista is not a big town so why in the world would you come here? Why in the hell did I come here? It was a place to rest my head for the night - a place to down a beer and eat some grub. I don't know why but I never sleep in when I'm on vacation. That is why you have to picture me standing in the 5:40 am dark smoking a cigarette in the snow and waiting for the grocery store to open. The clouds were out so I could not see the Collegiate Range of mountains that sit to the west and north of the town. This range holds several of the famous Colorado 14'ers within a short drive. This makes Buena Vista a nice jumping off point for those interested in tackeling the high mountain country - without paying the high prices of a resort town.

"The Sequel - 18 months later"

Why would one come here a second time? For myself (I don't go river rafting), it's because the mountains were socked in with clouds the last time I was here. It was because the last time I was here in March the kitchen at the Lariat Saloon was closed. I'm glad I did stop here this trip. The hot wings were excellent, the beer cold, and the view amazing.

Comments