Buena Vista Hotels

Our Members Say

• caffeine_induced78 profile photo caffeine_induced78
  • Reviews: 194

Silver Wheel Motel: never has cable been so addictive.

I can deal with the rustic log motif. It was seeing the plastic teepees in Arizona that made me laugh out loud. It all started out with the book called "the Virginian." Hence the romanticized West was born. If you ever stay in a motel room with cable during the first stages of a war - may you have better luck unglueing yourself from CNN then I did. Rates for these clean rooms vary a lot from Winter to Summer. Winter rates for a single are around 40 dollars a night jumping to 60 dollars during the high summer season. What's a little snow?

parking, "rustic" wood walls, cable. A restaurant, grocery store, and liqour store are all within one block.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 27, 2003
Tip Photo

I make my bed

• kel_e profile photo kel_e
  • Reviews: 15

Unfotunately, I cannot...

Unfotunately, I cannot remember the names of the place we stayed... but it was awesome! We stayed in little cabins in the middle of Buena Vista. Since there was 4 families, we all had cabins next to each other. There were fire pits outside, and also a gazebo with a hot tub!! The cabins themselves were very nice. Nice bathrooms, 2-3 rooms, a nice living room with TV (we didn't use the TV- too busy out and about!). I would recommend getting set up in something like this. Sorry I don't have the name of where we stayed.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 5, 2002

• BronzeOwl profile photo BronzeOwl
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arrowhead Point Camping Resort (was Crazy Horse): Good RV Park for Your Stay

Campground is tucked against the western slope of hills lining Hwy 24. Rate quoted is daily broken down from a week paid ($179.42). At sundown, deer and bunnies browsed 4 sites away, untroubled by me grilling outside. Owners also report a resident bobcat who is very shy, but still a good reason to keep small pets leashed. WiFi signal was very strong and speed was the best I've ever had at a campground. More campers using the service may affect that, but I got 4/5 bars and 44-56Mbs, enough to stream a Hulu show, because there is no cell or TV signal here (no cable). I enjoyed the peace and quiet, being backed up to the western slope of the hill. Overall impression? Tidy, family-run, pleasant hosts, quiet, GREAT WiFi! We camped here in a Motorhome.

A few sites have trees, grass is sparse, not unusual for high desert areas. All sites are terraced, since the campground is above grade of Hwy 24. Firepits at each site have a grill and wood is available at the office. Owners live on site and are VERY friendly and helpful. Escort to site was appreciated. Camp store was well stocked for camping supplies and cute locally produced gifts. North/South winds through the canyon keep traffic noise minimal. There is not much between sites, but late in the season this wasn't a problem (few campers). Picnic tables are new and there is adequate gravel at each site. Cement on the basketball court looks new, too. The camping cabins look new and are very tidy looking from the outside.

• Opinion of Price: about average