Hyatt Summerfield Suites Colorado Springs

HYATT house Colorado Springs
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Colorado Springs

Be sure to visit the goatsBe sure to visit the goats

Seven FallsSeven Falls

Bridge hanging out thereBridge hanging out there

Garden of the Gods near Colorado SpringsGarden of the Gods near Colorado Springs

Colorado Springs Burgers

by jenk299

We will be making our annual trip to Colorado Springs this August. Any suggestions for a good Buffalo Burger? Thanks for the help.

by dhladun

I can't help you with Burgers, but I thought perhaps you could help me. We are visiting Colorado Springs for the first time this summer for 3 nights...flying into Denver. We then want to visit another destination within 3 hours for an additional 2-3 nights before finishing up in Denver for the last night. Do you have any suggestions? Gunnison versus Rocky Mountain National Park vs. Breckenridge. I should note that we are traveling w/ our 2 boys ages 6 &8. Thanks!

by jenk299

First of all, I would try to take the drive down to see Royal Gorge, just west of Canon City. I am sure your kids would love it. Our family really enjoys going to Brekenridge. Beautiful ski town at about 9100'. Good shopping and good restaurants. If you like Mexican food, make sure to stop in at Mi Casa. Service can be a little slow because of the crowd, but the food has been outstanding each time we have been. Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park will certainly provide you with some spectacular views. There are so many things to see and do in Rocky Mountain Natl Park, there is not enough space to write about it here. Your boys would probably enjoy Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park the best. Have a great trip.

by gas05

Garden of the Gods Traiding Post cafe has Buffalo Burgers. And they are good! I've taken tourists there a several times, no one has been dissappointed.

Travel Tips for Colorado Springs

U.S. Air Force Academy

by DEBBBEDB

I (Barb) went to and graduated from the USAFA. While the course was difficult for me, I did get to accomplish my main goal of becoming a pilot. Photo 3 was me as a plebe. Photo 4 was me as a first class. My least favorite thing was the plebe year camp (photo 2). Graduation was the best thing about going to the USAFA

South side of Pioneer Museum

by OlenaKyiv

Sculpture “The End of an Era – Circa 1960" by George W. Lundeen, artist from Loveland. The sculpture is a gift from Lieutenant Colonel Chandler W. and Melitta E. Bergen. The monument recognizes a century of skiing in Colorado and honors those who pioneered the sport. As one of the signs explains, the sculpture “depicts a sport poised on the edge of change. Soon metal and synthetic would become standard in ski construction in place of wood that had been in use for more than 4,000 years.”
Wow, I even didn’t think of it!

The skier wears the old-times skiing out-fit to show a contrast with present skiers.

Read more about old outfits in my Colorado Springs Cultural Tips including a brief history of Colorado skiing.

Under highway waterfall and pool

by Bolikesbeach

Under highway 24,before Manitou,there is a waterfall.It is on the South side of the highway,if you are going West. It can not be seen from the highway.You go down a dirt road and it dead ends.You hike a very short distance.Great place for a hot summer day to get cooled off.

If you need storage for...

by John195123

If you need storage for reasnable prices, go to Motoe City Mini Storage. The staff is verye friend'y as did what they could to save me money!
They are located at
914 Motor City Drive (off 8th Street) in Colorado Springs (80906)
Phone:
719.633.6952
Website:
www.ministorages.com

Pancakes in a winter wonderland

by Zanzibargirl about Uncle Sams Pancake Parlour

Mmmm, Warm pancakes, sugary maple syrup and a nice heated room on a cold snowy day. Need I say more. This was a great spot to stop off to fill the belly on our drive around the Colorado Springs and Garden of the gods. I highly recommend it! Pancakes of course - I think the word pancake speaks for itself really!

Comments