Travelodge Colorado Springs

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Travelodge Colorado Springs

Don't be Fooled by the Pictures on the Website

by TripAdvisor Member mommaj25

Well to start it off the pictures are NOT what the place actually looks like. My whole family was due to meet and stay at the Travelodge but my husband and I decided to go and check out where our hotel would be before everyone got here. (Thank God) I then called to cancel my reservations and the Travelodge employee tried to lie and say we had to pay for a nights stay when we actually didn't. Then after a few seconds she then went on to say our reservations were already cancelled due to an overbooking. They had our phone numbers and our e-mail address and we did not receive anything saying it was cancelled. I am shocked that this kind of customer service is allowed. I recommend the Drury Hotels Colorado Springs. Great rates and VERY nice and accomadating!!! We paid $69.99 at Drury Hotels compared to the $80.00 at the Travelodge. Oh well you live and learn.

loved it, great hotel, great price, excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member townsepw

Don't believe the reviews of this hotel. The location is awesome, very close to Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak and not far from downtown at all. Nothing was more than a 20 minute drive from the hotel. The rooms were clean and considering the price, they were relatively spacious. The heated indoor pool was nice as well. Breakfast was the only thing that was so-so, but for the price, you can't expect much more. For a $60 room, it was one of the better hotels we've stayed at. Comfortable bed, friendly staff. We've stayed there twice and will do so again next spring when we go back to Colorado Springs.

Don't stay here

by TripAdvisor Member joemoe68

First of all it was to be non smoking and room stunk of smoke.The friends staying next to us and there room was so bad they had it changed. We where to stay five nights and only last one. My wife was having trouble breathing so she checked the a/c. She washed out the filter in the tube the water was totality brown. Then she washed the fins on the a/c. The wash cloth was totality black from mold. So we opened the window for some fresh air. On the window sill where many dead bugs. We left the next moring and went to a Best Western in Manitou Springs great place.

nice stopover

by TripAdvisor Member Rbia284

I stayed at the Travelodge in Colorado Springs on my way to Canyonlands National Park. It was just a stop over. For the price of $45 the place was reasonable, clean and the staff was nice. A good stopover at a good price.

OK for the price

by TripAdvisor Member af876

Not a great place, but not terrible either. We got a 2Q room on the first floor for $50 per night. The room was small, but had a small fridge and microwave. The floor was dirty and I found a cigarette butt on the ground by one of the beds (even though it was advertised as a nonsmoking hotel). The place is dated and old, but at least the tv worked. The pool was warm and my kids enjoyed it. The free breakfast was nothing fancy, but I hate the tip jar out for the people making waffles. We skipped that and stayed with the prepackaged muffins.
Their game room consists of one pool table, which was out of order. The fitness cented is one treadmill and a universal machine. Basically, the place isn't all it's advertised to be, but for the price, I think I got an alright deal. It was close to Santa's Workshop in Manitu Springs, but I think I will stay right of I-25 next time, in a little nicer place...

Not comfortable for pets

by TripAdvisor Member MaineDoglover

This motel was in a busy section, but reasonably clean. My problem was that they advertise pet friendly and even though they allow dogs, there is absolutely no grassy areas within the motel property or within a short walk. Just rocks and pavement.

No Elevator but ok for the price

by TripAdvisor Member SheilaAZ

Biggest drawback was no elevator. Not the greatest for the elderly. Not told this when reservation made. Room was clean and breakfast was adequate. Would not stay again.

Great deal

by TripAdvisor Member marsmi86

This hotel is a great deal for the buck. Twenty four hours front desk helped us when we arrived late in the night. I liked the clean room I got. No complain for the service also.

Oven used by the IndiansOven used by the Indians