2121 E Main St, Cortez, CO 81321

Rated 10% higher but also costs 29% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde

Money well spent

by TripAdvisor Member restonres

Spent two nights here, based on Trip Advisor recommendations, and was completely happy. Cute, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast (really the best one of these I've encountered, with little omelets, sausage gravy, all kinds of bread, cereal, fruit, oatmeal - everything you could want except yogurt). They had nice, new washers and dryers for guests, a new gym in good condition. We paid about $80 a night - well worth it.

Classy Place

We stayed here last weekend to visit Mesa Verde, which is just down the road, and we were very impressed! First off, the view is incredible! It overlooks the Montezuma valley and the mountain range that encompasses Mesa Verde. The hotel inside has modern furnishings with very stylish southwestern artwork and pottery displayed. Even the hallways were decorated! The room had new upscale furniture and new designer looking drapes and bed coverings. In the bathroom, the sink and shower were covered in granite, everything was very clean! There's a nice patio outside the pool/sunroom complex where you can soak in the lush scenery at sunset and in the morning you'll be delighted with the breakfast served here. They have omlettes, bakery, fresh fruit, etc. The staff was very nice, in fact they moved us to a room with a view (request one if you book here) and the location was great (right next to a Walmart and by lots of restaurants). I highly recommend this hotel (and I am very picky), it has stylish touches from top to bottom that will compliment your enchanting visit to Mesa Verde! Happy Travels!

Nicest Holiday Inn Express ever - Best place to stay in Cortez

Just returned from a trip to visit Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. We stayed three nights at this hotel. We stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels at least 10 times a year. By far, this is THE NICEST hotel in the chain, let alone the Cortez area.

The rooms and lobby are super clean! There are so many nice decorative details throughout the hotel lobby, rooms, hallways and even the elevator floor! The location can't be beat, being only 10 minutes from the entrance to Mesa Verde National Park. The fitness center has lots of equipment to use and there is a personal trainer on site. The pool is enclosed in an atrium-type of room allowing lots of sunlight in. There is also a restaurant/lounge right next store affiliated with the hotel--we received a free drink coupon at the lounge.

The breakfast area is incredibly clean and the staff was prompt in making sure the food was well-stocked all morning long. The breakfast is the most impressive we've ever encountered at a Holiday Inn Express, or any other hotel offering a free breakfast. Besides the signature cinamon rolls, which are awesome, there was french toast, biscuits and gravy, omelets, lots of cereals, fruit, yogurts and more. It's a great way to get your day started.

By all means, if you're looking for an amazingly clean, modern hotel when visiting Mesa Verde, this is the place to stay. We would stay here again in a heartbeat when visiting this area!

Beautiful Hotel

My husband and I have stayed here several times. The decor is beautiful, the staff is very friendly, and the hotel is always very clean. My husband is in a wheelchair and requires special rooms that are wheelchair accessible. The rooms are very well equipped and very easy for him to get around in. They truly understand the needs of disabled travelers.

We have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express Hotels, but none compare to this one. We highly recommend it to everyone. We know you will enjoy your stay!

Best of the six.

by TripAdvisor Member BellaGlasgowScotland

Stayed here to give us access to Mesa Verde National Park turned out to be our favourite hotel out of 6 we stayed in on our trip.
The breakfast was superb, and although complimentary was better than many we have paid for!!
Rooms excellent, modern, and with all ammenities.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member stiebo

We just got back from our trip out west. This Holiday Inn Express was one of the best! Thanks to trip advisors, I took others advice and we stayed here. It was clean, beautifully decorated, friendly, and again CLEAN. The continential breakfast was incredible. My kids, myself and husband loved it. We had dinner at the restaurant onsite, it was awsome also. The food was great. We truely enjoyed our stay there.

Nice, but not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingPhD

This is a nice hotel, but it's pretty expensive. You're basically paying twice what you would at the Comfort Inn across the street so that you can look at the granite in the shower stall and the fancy TV armoire. Remember--this is the HI Express and not the Ritz. When we stayed, there was a lot of noise in the hallway at night from kids running around and when I was checking out, I noticed that someone else had left a complaint about the noise. We also couldn't close our door from the outside with tugging at it until it slammed, which I'm sure was inconvenient for the people around us.

Very good

by TripAdvisor Member Axwell

While we enjoyed our stay here and were very satisfied with the hotel I can't quite see what inspires the rave reviews. The lobby was pleasant (but not exceptional) and our room was satisfactory (though one of the smallest we had in a ten stay extended tour).
No problems with cleanliness but then I wouldn't expect to have.
The pub/restaurant across the car park was perhaps the best feature (but is closed on a Sunday night)
The hotel is wheelchair accessible.
A very good experience but not an especially memorable one.

Just ok

by TripAdvisor Member JulieJColorado

Front desk staff was very nice and friendly. However, the pool area was a great disapointment. Pool was dirty!!! and the hot tub was even worse!!! Water should not be green and slimmy. Room was fine. Nice and clean, even had a bird nest outside the window with eggs! The exercise room is not even in the hotel. It is in the restraunt across the parking lot, in the basement. The restraunt the hotel is associated with is not for children,even though they tell you it is. It is a BAR. lots of other choices close by. The express breakfast was outstanding. Two staff members kept everything full and hot. Really great. Overall not a bad place, I would stay again. (Just not with my children)

A nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Roadtripwith5

I stayed here with my three young children as we drove through the state. I had read the reviews and was happy to find a nice clean hotel that we were comfortable staying in. We took full advantage of the pool and good breakfast. The couple who managed the breakfast were especially efficient. The front desk staff was helpful with dinner recommendations too. I thought the price was very affordable.

Comments