Crested Butte Club

goingsolo's Profile Photo

Crested Butte Club

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 13, 2003

This place was a real find. Actually, in late May, any lodging in Crested Butte that is open is a real find. The Crested Butte Club is a tiny inn furnished in the Victorian era style. All rooms have family heirlooms and antiques as well as pedestal sinks, clawfoot tubs and fireplaces. The modern conveniences of televisions and air conditioning are present as well. There are also shared balconies. It is located off a side street but is walking distance to the shops and restaurants of the downtown area. If I remember correctly, they serve continental breakfast in the mornings, but I was up too early to partake.

When I checked in on the first afternoon, the innkeeper told me she'd be leaving in the early evening and to make sure and tell her if I needed anything before that time. On the first night of a two night stay, I was the only guest at the inn, and, apparently, the one one who spent the night there as well, which gave the experience an eerie feeling a la "The Shining". But nothing unpleasant happened. To the contrary, it was a most enjoyable stay.

Crested Butte Travel Forum

Need advice about Crested Butte, Colorado? Visit the Travel Forum for Crested Butte and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Crested Butte hotel reviews