Elizabeth Anne Bed and Breakfast

703 Maroon Avenue, , Crested Butte, Colorado 81224
#3 of 37 hotels in Crested Butte
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Do Not Stay Here! Dishonest Hosts!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 20, 2008

To whom it may concern,

I would NOT recommend this bed & breakfast under any circumstances. There are plenty of wonderful places in this small mountain town to stay at, call them all before even thinking about staying with this couple.

I have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, but never have I been cheated and treated so rudely as I was here!

Most lodging in Crested Butte offer $20 discounted ski tickets per person as long as you ski for at least 2 days (a savings of $80). Upon making our reservations at this place, Denise, the owner, confirmed that she would offer us this deal to match the other place we were considering staying at.

On the morning we were checking out and leaving to ski, Denise had not yet secured tickets and upon calling the mountain was met with a busy signal. Since we would be skiing for several more days and she had agreed to the discount, she said she would call later that day to get us our tickets.

Later that evening, I called to find out where we should pick up the discounted tickets she was getting for us and left my number on her message machine. She never returned my call.

The next morning, I called again and got her on the phone. She did not apologize for ignoring my message, and explained that she did not FEEL like getting us the discount. She said she would ask her husband to call.

Did not hear from her all day. That evening my girlfriend and I stopped by to explain how cheated we felt. We asked for her to refund us the savings she promised us for our stay at her establishment.

She told us she was finished with this conversation, and started to YELL at us. We hadn’t even raised our voices and were SHOCKED.

I want to warn any potential customers that the owners of this home are DISHONEST, rude, and should not be trusted. Enjoy your stay ELSEWHERE.

Crested Butte Travel Forum

Need advice about Crested Butte, Colorado? Visit the Travel Forum for Crested Butte and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Crested Butte hotel reviews