Country Inn And Suites Denver Airport

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Country Inn And Suites Denver Airport

Good airport motel for DIA

by TripAdvisor Member Peter_Smallhill

Friendly but inefficient check in. (Made me write down information I had already submitted when making online reservation.)

Room was large, functionally furnished, and well sound proofed. Bedding very comfortable. Amenities standard motel versions, but fine.

Especially appreciated - doors are designed to close slowly, so they do not slam. Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn, please take note, you need these badly. (Ha - we would be lucky if they actually read these reviews and learned from them!)

5-6 chain restaurants within easy walking distance for dinner.

All in all, an excellent choice for a one night "airport hotel" at Denver International.

Cheers.

extra nice hotel in walking distance to several good restaurants

by TripAdvisor Member caneyfork

Stayed one night before flying out of DEN. Hotel is larger than usual and located in a newly developing area. Convenient to Penna Pkwy where it connects with I-70 but sits back from the road so quiet. Several restaurants (Uno Chicago Grill, Outback, Applebee's, Ted's Montana Grill) within walking distance. Hyatt Place and Hilton Garden Inn also nearby. Room was clean with large bathroom including a LONG counter. If you're driving a rental car take the main drag (40th I think) away from Penna to the next intersection and there are two gas stations to the right for a final fillup before car return. I usually avoid airport hotels but this is one I'd definitely stay at again!

very good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member hantshawk

we stayed at this hotel on the 5 sept after a long flight,it was very good the front desk staff were helpfull and the room was very clean .There are nice places to eat nearby .I wish i had known about the airport bus--my fault should have checked first that would have saved me being ripped off by a taxi driver from the airport.

Perfect parking and shuttle to DIA

by TripAdvisor Member Mypinkparis

If you need a hotel in Denver for an early morning flight, then this is the hotel for you. We used the park and fly and were able to leave our car at the hotel instead of using the parking at DIA which was much more expensive. Shuttle service to and from the airport was on time and perfect. At check-in we were offered fresh cookies, hot chili, cake, yogurt, fruit and drinks. That was very nice. Country Inn also has a library that you can take the books and return them to any other Country Inn when you are done. Hands down, a perfect hotel to stay at for your 6am flights out of Denver.

A Very Nice [Simi-Close] Airport Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Thunder85

The Country Inn and Suites is about 15 minutes from the terminal via the Pena Blvb., the Denver Airport access highway. There is a closer hotel strip a few minutes from the terminal, but if you have a rent a car I would suggest staying in this area [on East 40th ave, Exit 1A], as there are more restaurants and stores than on the other strip.
The Hotel faces east & west and on checking in we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the 6th [top] floor facing west. I would strongly suggest an upper floor room on the back [mountain] side of the hotel as they were constructing another complex across the street on the front side, so what little view there was - was going fast, however, they will build something in the open lot behind the Country Inn sooner or later, also the mountains are fair distance away so don’t expect a resort type view.
The room was very comfortable with a full living room [large chair, sofa, corner table, desk & TV cadenza and a nice sized frig, microwave & coffee maker in the pass thru across from the bath.] The bed was very comfortable, slightly on the firm side, but almost like home, with a second TV in the bedroom [Note: both TV’s are patch cord acceptable with channels so you can hook up/watch your camcorder taping, personal DVD player, games, ect] also unless you get the a room with a Jacuzzis there is a lot of extra space in the bedroom if needed. There are two medium sized open closets in the one bedroom suite one on each side of the bedroom door, which is large paneled glass, so light from the living room passes unabated into the bedroom at night with the living room lights on, but I found opening the bath door cuts most of this light off.
The lobby has a book share program, though the title selections were a little weak, and in the afternoon through the evening make sure you raid the cookie jar on the front desk, not bad, if they don’t run out which happens if you’re late. Parking is ample and free, but from the rear lot you will have to enter from the sides of the building [Note: the elevators are on the north side of building and the rear door is the pool area/emergency exit]. The pool was only slightly warm, but the Jacuzzis was hot and the exercise room is small, but had several pieces of equipment. The business center is an oversized closet with two computers & printers.
There is an inclusive breakfast buffet with (on first glance) a wide selection of offerings, the milk and beverages are good and cold, breads, pastries and make your own waffles [Note: make sure to cook the waffles a little longer than timed as didn’t seem to me to be very firm or cooked quite long enough]. Unfortunately, as the menu is not rotated, the pre-processed omelets and bisects/gravy by the third day were getting old and as the packaged doughnuts/pastry were sugar glazed drenched so all I wanted by day three was an English muffin, but that’s personal taste.
In the local area there are three restaurants within a 3 to 5 minute walk of the hotel, on a nice day try the outdoor dining at the Cantina Margarita, also there are several other restaurants within a short drive and a very nice / large grocery store within a 10 minutes drive.
The final result is there are A LOT of new hotels to select from in this area with a wide range pricing and I would put this Country Inn in the upper tier.

Great Airport Hotel with free shuttle

by TripAdvisor Member chris036

I stayed here twice during a 10 day trip to the US - and the 2nd visit wasn't where I'd booked to stay, but as the 1st time was so good I decided to stay again. The hotel is in a 'hotels and restaurants only' area - the nearest mall is 6 miles & Wallgreens is 2 miles!!

• Staff are great, with smiles and laughs
• Check in/out very fast and trouble free
• Hotel is new, fresh and spacious
• Rooms are large and well soundproofed with good amenities
• Pool is heated, whirlpool very relaxing, fitness room useful, free internet facilility a bonus
• Breakfast choice is good, food tastes fine, coffee and cookies always available
• Free frequent airport shuttle throughtout the day (15min journey)

Country Inns & Suites is well priced and definitely worth a stop over. Highly recommended.

Great choice for stranded travelers

by TripAdvisor Member dbeaty

We stayed in the Country Inn and Suites after being reffered by the front desk off a full Hilton Garden Inn. We were very happy with the place, the staff were very friendly, the rooms fine and the breakfast actually a step above most free breakfast bars. I left my charger and Lisa called back and offered to ship it to me, I had to pay S/H but that's fair.

Great choice.

Easy to stay here for flights out of DIA

by TripAdvisor Member MTJTraveller

This is my choice to stay when flying out of DIA. Restaurants are within walking distance, free shuttle to and from airport is easy and I have always utilized their room/free parking option. Parking ends up being $10 at the most for a weeks stay and I have never had any problems with leaving my car for the week in the parking lot. There are other hotels closer to DIA but why bother unless they offer similar rates and have more comfy beds...couldn't find either.

I will be back here this week as I find it a great value.

Pleasantly surprised!

by TripAdvisor Member Jillrene

I was stranded in Denver after my flight was cancelled. I chose this hotel based on price and the reviews on TripAdvisor, and I was very happy with my selection! There were a nice variety of restaurants within walking distance. The facility is very clean and the breakfast was above average with a lot to chose from. But the most outstanding thing was the staff and the service. It reminded me of being at Disney, they were always "on" , always helpful and friendly. They called our room shortly after we checked in to be sure everything was ok. They all seemed to have smiles on their faces and really were concerned with the well being of their guests. This is seldom seen in a moderately priced hotel. Well done! I hope I"ll never be stranded in Denver again, but if I am, I know just where I'll be staying!

Great place to end vacation

by TripAdvisor Member yarmap

This was a great place to end our vacation. We arrived well before check-in time but were immediately given a room. The room was really clean and larger then usual. We enjoyed walking to dinner and then sitting on the front porch to enjoy the cool night air. Shuttle service to airport was prompt and helpful. Staff was really friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Cahins needed SEptember-April for trucks.Cahins needed SEptember-April for trucks.

Close up view of ornate decoration frontClose up view of ornate decoration front

Multi color mountainsMulti color mountains

Bump and Grind CafeBump and Grind Cafe

denver tech center questions

by filbert

We will be staying a few nights at the Denver Tech Center hotel (7801 E. Orchard Road) toward the end of September and will be taking the light rail into downtown to sightsee. We are all set on that. However, what we are wondering is whether there are shopping centers, places to hear music, see plays, museums etc. around the Tech Center area.

Also, we understand the Denver Tech Center hotel will be morphing into a Doubletree hotel sometime in October (used to be September). Will we be caught in a reconstruction/renovation project at the hotel in late September? Thank you very much for the heads up.

Re: denver tech center questions

by bocmaxima

Nothing to see in the Tech Center. It's all offices with a smidgen of apartments. There are a couple of bars and restaurants along Belleview (east of I-25) and Arapahoe (west of I-25), but the city is 80x more interesting, and Orchard is a bit of a dead spot. Even though you're on the light rail, it would be better to have a car to just get out a little. Even the closest supermarket to you on Arapahoe is a bit of a walk.
hth

Re: denver tech center questions

by LinColorado

Take note of what bocmaxima says about restaurant locations in the DTC. Good restaurants are scarce in the immediate vicinity - mostly office buildings.

Comments