1100 14th St., Denver, Colorado, 80202, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• An Urban Upscale Boutique Hotel

This is one of the top urban styled boutique hotels in Denver. It's one block north of the Larimer Square block which contains some of the best dining and small specialty shops in Downtown, ans one block south of the Center for Performing Arts Complex.

More about Hotel Teatro

A special night at Hotel Teatro

I wanted to plan a great night out for my wife for our anniversary and did a lot of checking on hotels in Denver. Booked a night at the Hotel Teatro because it sounded great. From the minute I booked it, it was a positive experience.
The staff on the phone was courteous, polite and worked with me to make this the perfect night. The whole time we were there, everyone was polite, smiled and said hello. The front desk staff wished us Happy Anniversary and we were in our room in no time at all. We had a superior suite and though it was not huge, it was well appointed and had a fantastic bathroom. Large tub, granite counters, travertine tile and a large shower with large heavy glass door. Almost what you would see in a million dollar home. Great shower head in the ceiling!
We used the hotels free service of their Cadilac Escalade with a driver who will take you within 4 miles or so of the hotel. You cannot reserve the car, but if you call and request a ride, it is almost always there within 15 minutes. We were taken to dinner, and then picked up after dinner and dropped off at a Colorado Avalanche game and then picked up after the game and brought back to the hotel. Free limo for the night! Drivers were great and always opened the doors for my wife and I.
After our night on the town, we went back to have my wife find the surprise rose petal turn down service with some chocolate covered strawberries that I had the hotel do. Husbands, this is a serious brownie point area! She was blown away! Rose petals all over the floor from the door in, all over the bed including a heart on the bed made out of red and white rose petals. Great touch.
Comfortable bed and a great night sleep. The only small negative was from the room we had, you can slightly hear the traffic outside for a while, but it was a Saturday and the hockey game had just let out so it was a little busy. It did quite down after a while. I did see that the hotel does offer tranquility waterfall on request to help provide "white noise" if needed.
Special thanks to the staff of the Hotel Teatro for making it a special night for us!

Hotel Teatro: Bush-league service; over-hyped, under-delivers

I can only relay to you my own experience, so do with this information what you may. Eventho my company picked up my expenses, I feel strongly enough to take the time to write a review about my negative stay at Hotel Teatro. I will not recommend Hotel Teatro to my fellow business travelers.

Things happen, but how the staff reacts to remedy situations says a lot about a property and its people. Sadly, the Teatro employees I encountered do not know how to make things right and just 'get it done' for the guest, are resistant to accommodating simple requests like a room move; and beyond the surface apology, are unempathetic to guest issues and their inconveniences since there was very little follow-up on my concerns. I can say through my stay I had a laundry list of problems, from invasions of privacy by staff, to a shoddy sofa bed, closet wardrobe bars collapsing, no Internet for a day, TV having to be fixed, Valet giving me wrong walking directions through a dangerous neighborhood at night. They also lost my package ("it's not on the log, so it must not be here..."), and when they found it at the end of my trip after I asked them to look again, they charged me to ship it back home - I received the FedEx bill at home tonight. Unbelievable.

Teatro may be ok for some family travelers; but if you are a discerning business or leisure traveler and have high hopes for Teatro - save yourself the pain, and go with a major brand in Downtown Denver that is consistent and you know what to expect. (I live for the day Denver has a true 4- or 5-star property!) And if you are a meeting planner, if I were you I'd think twice about Teatro. Management clearly has staff training opportunities here.

Terrific Italian food

by AcornMan about Prima Ristorante

I wouldn't have even known about this place if someone hadn't taken me there. Located in the same building as Hotel Teatro, it is not the most obvious place in the world, but well worth the effort to find. I had an outstanding lunch there and would gladly go back again.

Lives up to reputation!!!

I recently was traveling to Denver on business and stayed at Hotel Teatro. I was so pleased with all of the conveniences for the business traveler. They have a business center where I could easily view and print my emails, there was a fax machine in my room and I was able to access high speed internet from my room. They were very centrally located in the downtown area and anytime I had to walk more than a few blocks the hotel was able to provide me with complimentary transportation. The room was very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. I will definitely put this on my list of favorite hotels and I hope that I get to travel to Denver frequently so I can stay at Hotel Teatro again!

Special Place-Special PEOPLE!

My eleven-year-old daughter and three other young ladies will forever remember the princess-like experience at the Hotel Teatro. I've had several wonderful stays at the hotel, making it an obvious choice for a special occasion. The beautiful room and outstanding service far exceeded my high expectations. Every staff member we encountered made a special effort to make this birthday celebration wonderful. The conveniences of the vehicles, the location, prompt and delicious room service, fantastic restaurants, and again I must mention, the attentive staff, all made for an exceptional experience.

Even our four-legged family member was treated like a princess-personalize bowl of water and yummy treats!

Then, I realized, they were providing everyone with "can do" service. They clearly hire and train hospitality professionals who enjoy providing boundless excellent service.

Hotel Teatro is by far the best place for an unforgettable special occasion! Can't wait to visit again for a big-girl's get-a-way; shopping, dining, and that deep wonderful bath tub!

Attentative Staff...Great Service!

by TripAdvisor Member ChellinND

My husband treated me to a last minute trip to Denver for Christmas and it came down to the Oxford Hotel and Hotel Teatro. We decided on Hotel Teatro based on reviews posted here. Upon our arrival we were immediately greeted by the bellman and his staff greeting us with warm smiles and very friendly conversation. They took our luggage and escorted us to the front desk to check in. The hotel lobby is small, but very classic and beautiful. Hanging on the walls in huge lucite cases are actual costumes from the theatre which is near by...they are gorgeous and add a special look and feel to the hotel. The check-in was fast and Chris took us up to our room. Very nice and even helped me with a practical joke I was playing on a girlfriend (long story!) by letting me take his picture!
The room was small, but nice. Nothing out of the ordinary and the fact that you can request your own items in the in-room fridge is different and we did do that for our first night. The bathroom is nice, but again nothing out of the ordinary...I've actually stayed in nicer rooms...I think the main reason to stay at this hotel is it's proximity to the theatre and the service they provide.
Unfortuneately we were unable to dine in the Kevin Taylor restuarant due to holiday parties both nights we were there, but I have heard from friends that it's outstanding.
Instead we decided to dine out and that's when the bellman provided us with a ride in the hotel's Escalade to a restuarant and when finished, picked us up. It was very movie star like and a real perk! While there we had no need to rent a car and walked to the LoDo area to enjoy all the shops and restuarants. Hotel Teatro is a little out of the way in that regard, but again a very nice place and you would not be disappointed in staying there. It's very classy.
Next time I think we will stay at the Oxford to get a little different and more boutique feel and also to be able to have the Cruise Room in the same building. That lounge is very cool and served perfect martinis. Hotel Teatro really doesn't have a lounge to hang out in...no night life.

Bottom line: Beautiful building and great service.

Romantically Perfect

What a beautiful hotel! When searching for the perfect place to spend a few nights before heading to the mountains I read about Hotel Teatro and their wonderful packages. I booked the romance package and it was spectacular. It was a weekend I will not soon forget and I look forward to spending many anniversaries to come at this magical hotel. We had rose petals from our door to our bed and on the bed in the shape of a heart (I know it sounds silly but it was so beautiful). We also enjoyed a lovely bottle of champagne and had breakfast in bed the next morning. The staff was so sweet and acknowledged our special occasion. It seemed as if we were treated like the only ones in the hotel (even though the hotel was very busy)…I am sure they make everyone feel that way. If you are looking for a place to be pampered you need to stay here!

Beautiful stay in a lovely setting

by TripAdvisor Member Toni Hastings

We needed a comfortable and friendly hotel as we were staying for 6 nights and Hotel Teatro filled our needs in a most gracious manner. The room was small but we have stayed in smaller rooms in Europe so that wasn't a bother as we were visiting our daughter and her husband so we were out most of the time. The bed was extremely comfortable with delicious linens. I phoned the hotel upon our return to find out if they were Frette and what the thread count was. I received a long distance phone call answering my questions. The staff is young and very courteous. The sink was sluggish in the bathroom but it was fixed very quickly when we reported it. The only tiny negative thing was the t.v. reception but that hardly seems important as everything else lived up to and beyond our expectations. The french doors leading to a small balcony overlooking the clock tower was most welcome. We will definitly stay at the hotel again when we visit Denver.

Comments