650 15th Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Tallchick80's Profile Photo

Absolutely Fabulous View!

If you check in early enough and have a smile and a sweet enough attitude with the front desk staff, you might get lucky enough to get a room with a spectacular view of the city and the entire front range. For my last stay I had a view that was absolutely breathtaking. The rooms are spacious and very well-kept, and the front desk staff is extremely professional. The prices are a little high, but well worth it.

Unique Quality: The view, the view, the view.

Directions: Downtown - Convention Center

• SedonaDee's Profile Photo

Next to Colorado Convention Center

Stayed here for 5 days while my husband attended a convention. Rooms were nicely appointed, but bathroom on small size. We had a problem with our room being very cold and called the front desk. They said they were a "green hotel" and their heating system doesn't work well if it starts warming up outside and it is cool inside. Their solution was to send up an electric space heater! Very "green" solution, but it did heat up the room finally.

The hotel has a modern/industrial decor.

Unique Quality: 2-lane lap pool and hot tub as part of Spa & Fitness Center
    Nice restaurant called "Altitudes", but is a little pricey.
    Perks Coffee & More- Coffee, pastries, & small gifts/T-shirts
    Strata Bar- Lobby Level- nice large lounge area.
    Peaks Cocktail Lounge- on 27th Floor with great views of Denver & Mountains
    Hotel just a block from 16th street walking mall with lots of restaurants & shops

Directions: On 15th St. in downtown Denver right in front of Convention Center.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

A large convention centre and hotel

Unique Quality: Voluminous and large, multilevel with wonderful and grand convention facilities. I had arrived here to attend the 64th national convention of American Indians. Almost all the delegates were american indians with a handful of white faces, no asian or one or two african faces.
    the wireless is t mobile spot so you might be out of luck if you dont have t mobile subscription.
    No Boingo wireless. but telecom companies from europe, singapore and malaysia and brasil can connect to the wireless.
    central location
    couldnt stay here because the hotel was booked out months in advance because of the convention. the room rates were 310 usd per night

• Stargazer1's Profile Photo

Good location for business downtown

This hotel was a great place to stay while at a convention at the convention center downtown. Just a couple of blocks from the convention center. And, it had nice amenities. Good room and Internet access, good restaurant and bar.

Unique Quality: Good views of downtown and the mountains.

Directions: Downtown, near the convention center, on Welton Street

• Staci's Profile Photo

Hyatt--Downtown

Unique Quality: Nice rooms, good prices. Great location for business and after hours activities such as dinner and shopping. Also walking distance to Coors Field for those Rockies games after work in the spring and summer.

More about Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Awesome central location

by TripAdvisor Member NatlParkLoverNY

The Hyatt Regency Denver is a very beautiful, tasteful hotel. I stayed there at the beginning of the holiday season and it was beautifully decorated in a very subtle way.

The lobby is loud. It's open, has very high ceilings and tile floors, so sound just travels.

The views from the upper floors of the city are just fantastic. I had a beautiful view of the City and County of Denver building and the Capitol building lit up for the holidays.

The 16th Street Mall is just one block away and you can ride the RTA bus through there for free.

The parking is expensive though and the food's a little pricy, but it was very tasty. The fitness center is quite nice too.

Customer Service, Customer Service, CUSTOMER SERVICE!

by TripAdvisor Member jimb986

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Denver for 8 nights while working on a Convention at the Colorado Convention Center.

I entered the lobby and walked up to the self check-in kiosks. I was a little apprehensive. There was a nice girl there to reassure you that using the kiosks would be painless and she was right. In about 3 minutes it spit out a key and directions to my room.

Once inside my room I opened up the drapes and found one of the most beautiful views of any downtown area that I have seen. And best of all, I could see the Convention Center (where I would be working) right across the street. The room was very nice with a 32" LCD TV and one of the most comfortable pillow top beds I have ever slept in with enough feather pillows to keep anyone from getting a stiff neck.

My next taste of Hyatt customer service is when I was getting ready to get some sleep that first night. I wasn't sure if I set the clock radio alarm correctly so just to be safe I pushed the wake-up call button on the cordless phone and asked for a wake-up call for 5:15am. The polite fellow said sure and then asked me if I would like him to call back again at 5:30am just to be sure I actually got up after the first call. I had never had a hotel offer to be a snooze button for me.

From that point on I was very happy with everything the hotel had to offer. I must confess that I never did eat at the Altitude Restaurant nor did I ever get the opportunity to have a drink at the Peaks lounge which is on the 27th floor and claims to have some of the best views of the city and I believe them.

To sum it all up, without a doubt, I would return to this Hotel when visiting Denver. It is a first class hotel all the way.

The Bar on the TOP FOOR Discourages Happiness

by TripAdvisor Member rockymtnjane

We visited the Bar on the top floor of this hotel after an amazing concert. We sat at the bar for a while discussing the show and one of my friends let out a happy shreak because she was given free tickets to a concert. It was not a loud- disturb the entire bar scream either. Immediatley after the bar tender "cut the my friend off" from alcohol. This was the my friends first drink of the night!
We ended up getting in a dispute with the bartenders that night over the incident- these bar tenders could have politely asked us to "keep it down" or state that we will have to stop serving you"
instead they just made a decision to halt the drinks on her.
we informed the bartends that she was just happy, just was given free concert tickets and that that was her first drink of the night. We asked them if there was a problem with people coming into the bar being happy? We were actually told YES!
The bar has an amazing view- but what a dissapointment with the staff & bartenders. Too stuffy - if you are from out of town and want something close to the hotel head to the Capital Grille instead...
I frequent there often and have never had issues with the bar tenders over being happy. If in town on business- Capital Grille is a Great place to go and the drinks are about half of what you would pay at the Hyatt.

Great Hotel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member mtnfireguy

My young daughter and I spend the weekend at the hotel booking the Mile High Football package. The check in was quick and easy and the staff professional and friendly.

Our room was on the 23rd floor with a great view of downtown Denver. Our room was very nice with great ammenities. My daughter who is a swimmer loved the lap pool.

The 16th Street Mall is a block away which provides you access to the 16th Street Mall shuttle. The shuttle is free and transports passenger to all portions of the mall.

One reviewer wrote that they felt somewhat unsafe. We felt very safe, there is a strong police presence on the mall and with the exception of very late night, there are usually always people walking around the area.

The self parking was easy to use and convenient.

We did not use the resturants or lounge in the hotel, we went to the 16th Street Mall.

We will absolutely stay at thid hotel again

Predictable but very decent

by TripAdvisor Member kbarch

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a convention in mid-October. It was fairly predictable...a little below typical Hyatt Regency standards (no robe, no mini-bar, no complimetary shoe-shine). I think this is because the city of Denver subsidized the development of the hotel and perhaps there has been some cost cutting for the services. . But overall it was very nice...loved the bar on the top floor. Real shortage of cabs one night when it unfortunately snowing. You might have thought the management would have figured they would have a lot of conventioneers needing to go somewhere. But perhaps there are not so many cabs in Denver anyway. For style I would opt for the nearby Monaco, but the Hyatt was perfectly adequate and reasonably priced.

Comments