1725 Champa St, Denver, Colorado, 80202, United States

ResidenceInn.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Toughluck's Profile Photo

Great Location

Extremely comfortable.

Unique Quality: Full breakfast each morning and a light (they called it light, I thought it was complete) meal Monday & Tuesday evenings.

Breakfast, always eggs (1 or 2 kinds), sausage, french toast or pancakes, waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, donuts, bagels, bread, muffins and coffee (all day).

Directions: 2 blocks from 16th on Champa.

• Suites in NW Denver

Very nice accomodations. Probably similar to all Residence Inns. Our 2-br suite had a fireplace. Very comfortable place to stay for our family with 3 kids. Staff was very friendly. Large indoor pool. Great free breakfast.

Unique Quality: Right on US 36.

Directions: NW Denver

More about Residence Inn By Marriott Denver City Center

Loved The Residence Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Aggie85

The Residence Inn Denver City Center was wonderful! Its location couldn't be better for walking to a baseball game, various retail shops, and a host of great restaurants. The service was outstanding. The staff was very attentive and willing to meet your every need. The rooms were clean and well kept. The complimentary breakfast every morning really was the best, though, as it was more than just a continental breakfast. It also consisted of eggs, pancakes, french toast, and made to order waffles. Overall, this all-suite hotel is a very good value for the money.

Fleas!!

by TripAdvisor Member DonnaMartinOriginals

We stayed here for 2 nights and had flea bites everywhere over our legs and bodies. Big, red dots that were very itchy! This place does allow pets, so I wasn't surprised. I even saw a couple of huge dogs in the hotel when we were there. We stayed on the 11th floor. I would think that a hotel would at least be able to keep fleas out though. Perhaps they need to shampoo their carpets and mattresses. The room itself was ok, but this flea problem was not excusable! I will never stay here again and be bitten like this!

Great value in LoDo area

by TripAdvisor Member Cool_librarian

I stayed in a studio suite for four nights while attending a convention in Denver. Although the convention planners offered several hotel options, I don't think any could have topped the Residence Inn for value and spaciousness, and the fellow convention-goers I met at the hotel agreed.

The room was tastefully decorated and inviting. The bed was very comfortable with a down comforter and an assortment of pillows. The studio suite has all of the amenities of a two-room suite except for the wall separating the bedroom and the living area (and the extra TV). It was a large room and had lots of windows, giving it even a more spacious feel. Even after four nights, the room still didn't feel confining.

Housekeeping was friendly and reliable, and the room was always spotless. The housekeeper ran our dishwasher even when we only had a couple of items loaded.

Residence Inn offers a complimentary breakfast daily and a light dinner with cocktails and soft drinks on Monday through Thursday. The food was so-so, but I appreciated that the hot items were rotated to prevent boredom, particularly at breakfast. Taking advantage of these two meals can really make staying here an economical choice.

Just two blocks from the hotel is 16th Street, a pedestrian-friendly street with countless shops and restaurants and a popular tourist destination. A free bus runs along the street, stopping at every block.

The hotel is six blocks from the main entrance of the convention center. The blocks in Denver are short, so the walk is less than a half mile, and the route is completely safe with heavy pedestrian traffic. You can shave off two blocks by hopping on the free 16th Street, bus, but walking was often quicker. Coors Field is also walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel has a small workout room, but if the weather is nice, I recommend the Cherry Creek trail just behind the convention center. It winds for miles through Denver along a waterway and is a great way to exercise outdors without having to deal with traffic.

Great hotel, would stay there again.

by TripAdvisor Member krystalleigh1

We stayed here in May 2007. Reserved a 1 bd. suite. Checked in and were upgraded to one of the larger 1 bd. room suites. The room was good sized and very modern with a full (or queen maybe?) bed in the bedroom and sofa sleeper in the attached room. There was a full sized fridge, range, microwave, dishwasher, and sink in the kitchen. It was a handicapped accessable room so it had no bathtub. The room was a lot more modern than I expected. Very nicely done.

There is convenient parking in the attached parking garage and it was advertised as $13/night but we were never charged for it-not sure why that was. There is a nice, small, fitness room and a great roof top hot tub. There is a great view of Denver from that hot tub. Definitely check it out.

The hotel is within walking distance to the 16th st Mall, however I wasn't too impressed by the mall. Instead I'd recommend walking to Lo-Do which is not far either.

Breakfast buffett was great. Great variety of hot items, cold items, pastries, fruit, make your own waffles, etc. There's also a free business center-great extra in my opinion.

Overall it was a great place to stay. I would definitely stay there again. Very family, business, or romance friendly hotel.

Great Value Choice

We decided to stay here after seeing many positive reviews and obtaining a fantastic $59 a night rate via the Denver Convention Center website.

The hotel was in a great location, ideal for all central Denver sights and many restaurants and bars. Our room was very spacious with its own full size fridge/freeser, dishwasher and kitchen facilities. The room furnishings all looked to be very new.

We didn't make use of the complimentary continental buffet breakfast but did take advantage of the free internet access in the lobby.

We had not stayed at a Residence Inn before but based on our experience in Denver would certainly do so again.

Lock all your valuables (and everything else) away when staying here!

by TripAdvisor Member RealityMan

The hotel is nice, staff are friendly and helpful, BUT things keep disappearing from guest rooms. I only lost a chocolate bar (I left it on my desk in the morning, it was gone when I returned to my room at night). My colleague faced a bigger problem: she had left her AMEX card and several other plastic cards in her suitcase in her room a week later - and when she checked again two nights later those were gone too. And even worse: whoever took (or shall I say stole?) her credit card had used it already by the time she could report the theft. This might be a great place (especially when compared to other hotels in Denver), but theft is not acceptable. Therefore I cannot recommend the Residence Inn to anybody else.

Perfect for weekend family getaway

by TripAdvisor Member SB321

This hotel was perfect for a weekend family getaway to visit friends in Denver. The location made it easy to explore the State Capitol, LoDo and the Denver Zoo.

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff solved any issues right away. The full hot breakfast was a real savings. My son loved making waffles. The kitchen was great for late-night take-out snacks. The exercise room and roof top spa were small but clean.

I've stayed at several downtown hotels and I would definitely stay here again. It's a good value.

Fantastic Value!

by TripAdvisor Member CrystalVancouver

I stayed in Denver for a few days for a conference and chose this hotel partly due to reviews on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed!

The hotel is close to the convention center, and also convenient to the pedestrian mall for shopping. The amenities were great --full kitchen, with little extras like microwave popcorn, and high-speed internet, exactly as the hotel website advertises. Cutlery, dishes, everything was fine. The morning breakfast was quite comprehensive. The evening snack/happy hour is really just a snack and, for vegetarians, just salad. Even without the complimentary meals the hotel would have been a good deal, though, and with the meals included it's even better.

Apparently the concierge will shop for you, but I didn't use that service. The staff were polite and friendly.

The gym is small but adequate and looks out onto the "rooftop deck" Some reviews mention the great view -- it's not! On 3 sides, hotel rooms look down (my room had a view of the pool deck) and on the other side, tall office buildings. There's a peekaboo view of country past the office buildings, but not of the Rockies. So, be warned, people can look down onto you. Still, it's nice having an outside Jacuzzi. It's well maintained -- the guy checked chemicals several times and kept adding until the combination was perfect.

I was upgraded to a 1-br suite which was more than I needed but for 2 people travelling it would be useful to have an extra room.

There are some pleasant walks nearby, if you go through downtown to a residential district.

This hotel exceeded my expectations, and I would definitely return.

Comments