Residence Inn By Marriott Denver Downtown

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
ResidenceInn.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Denver

Denver Union StationDenver Union Station

WAlking around to the food boothsWAlking around to the food booths

Tabernacle Baptist Church-circa 1869Tabernacle Baptist Church-circa 1869

Layour map of the centerLayour map of the center

Mt Evans

by DEL_MAR_CA

How safe is it to drive Mt Evans...even during the summer when the roads should be in pretty good condition? I saw pictures it the byway does not appear to have guardrails on the road...and it sure does look like a long way down if you should go over the shoulder....

Also....when driving from Denver downtown...where are some suggestions for places to drop off to visit?

by painterdave

Don't Be Afraid......You will be safe. You are not driving so fast, like a freeway. Drink lots of water a few days before because the altitude is high, and the water helps you feel better.
Let me suggest another place. Estes Park. I have a few pages on this place. It is so nice there, and you will see lots of animals, elk and big horn sheep...
There is a restaurant in Denver called Vesti.. which is interesting...
Buffalo Bill's grave and museum on top of the mountain at the base of Golden, Colorado.
If you like beer take the tour of Coor's in Golden. Free beer at the end and because it is direct from the factory, is REALLY good. (I am not a beer lover)
Go the Red Rocks, which is beside the town of Morrison. Very nice.
Make a reservation for the Denver Mint. See how we get all those coins. You have to have a reservation.
Have fun.
Painterdave

by DEL_MAR_CA

If not driving fast, are there hairpin turns and crazy narrow sections of the road where other drivers and motorcycles are insane drivers? Basically...what is it like driving the road?

Is the Georgetown Loop Railroad worthy of a visit?

Yes...I am also intending to go to Estes Park. Seems like that is the gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park.

by LauraEllen

The road is safe, but you are right - there are not guardrails in most places and it can be intimidating for folks who aren't used to our rugged mountains. It's well worth the drive - very beautiful. But you need to drive carefully. Don't be scared - but be prepared. I've had 2 guests get altitude sickness (threw up) on this drive, so fight the altitude sickness by drinking lots of water and stopping for walks along the way (there are a couple of nice spots to stop and take a walk around a lake, by a creek or along nature trails.)

Travel Tips for Denver

I just find this scene so truely bizarre

by skatzcatz

this is nothing more then a view from my friends front door in a northern suburb of Denver. What i find odd is the similarity in the houese. They look all the same to me. Funny thing is, after seeing this picture i looked arounf at some suburbs here in Australia and realised we do exactly the same thing, only our houses are brick or some other building material.

The world is full of clones i say....

Spend some time downtown. ...

by studioblue

Spend some time downtown. Visit the clubs. Take in a movie. Go to a Rockies game. Downtown Denver has a great nightlife, so don't be timid. My dad has lived in the Denver area for the past 20 years, so it's almost like a second home to me.

The Auraria Campus - St.Cajetan's Center

by OlenaKyiv

The name of this place - St. Cajetan's Center - already gives an idea of its past and present.

My first look at St. Cajetan's Center made me think of this place as a functioning church for students on campus. This thought continued in a true belief and proud of students' religious views, that made them to build a church on the campus.

One day I saw crowds of students walking up the stairs into the center. My curiousity took me away from my textbooks and brought to the St. Cajetan's Center. Imagine my suprise when instead of expected religious relics and pastors, I saw a large auditorium or I would say a concert hall inside of the center, with a stage and rows of seats. Then I figured out, "this is not a church." It was a church, but not anymore.

Central Park - The Greek Theatre

by OlenaKyiv

The Greek Theater serves as the southern gateway into Civic Center (from the side of Modern Art Museum). The classical revival structure was designed by Denver architects Willis A. Marean and Albert J. Norton. The feature consists of two elements:

1) the temple-like Colonnade of Civic Benefactors which flanks and includes the stage; and,
2) the Open Air Amphitheater which includes the circular brick plaza ringed by the elegant arcs of the stepped seating area.

Public concerts at the theater in 1920 by the Denver Municipal Band began its enduring popularity as a forum for free civic events

Map of Greek Theatre Complex

Skateboarding

by JeffBea

I love skateboarding, and Denver is a great place to do just that. Colorado really likes their concrete skateparks, which is great, cause i like em too! That means smooth cruisin, smooth transitions, BOWLS. I had never really ridden bowls untill my trip to CO so it took some getting used to, but its great fun. Denver skatepark is HUGEEEEEEE something like 50,000 square feet. Bowls, rails, hips, boxes, its got everything. My friends and I were there on a beautiful day so there were a lot of people there. It wasnt too bad though since the place is so big.

Comments