ResortQuest Lake Dillon Properties

350 Lake Dillon Drive

More about Dillon

Hurry Lorna!  Get in the car!Hurry Lorna! Get in the car!

My guysMy guys

View from Pug Ryan'sView from Pug Ryan's

Dillon Post OfficeDillon Post Office

Travel Tips for Dillon

Taking the Lid Off of the Glory Hole

by Callavetta

Every spring the lid comes off the "glory hole" of Dillon Reservoir, with hopes that the lake will fill enough from melt off to overflow the dam. In 2004 the water came within 1 inch.

In Autumn the lid is placed back on the glory hole for the winter and the lake freezes over.

Lake Dillon - Summit County Colorado THE BEST!

by kimod74

"Beautiful Lake Dillon"

I used to live in Dillon, Colorado and worked in Summit County several years back. I still absolutely love this part of Colorado and I think it is one of the most beautiful places in Colorado. It is different because of the number of ski resorts all within 20 minutes of each other, the amount of lodging, restaurants, activities and shopping you have to choose from. I just absolutely love it and enjoy coming up to the lake from time to time to relax. The only disadvantage to this lake is that it is at an elevation of around 9300 feet, so that means it is freezing YEAR ROUND & nearly impossible to swim in. However, for Colorado residents we do not have nearly enough lakes so we take what we can get.

"The Town Used to Be at the Bottom of the Lake?"

The original town of Dillon, believe it or not, used to be at the bottom of the resevoir, before the resevoir was created.
Dillon, Colorado began as a trading post and clusters of cabins at the confluence of the Blue, Snake, and Ten Mile rivers in the late 1800's. In 1963, the town (cemetery included) was relocated to what was soon to become the northeastern shore of Dillon Reservoir, a man-made 3,300-acre lake which flooded Dillon's original site. Much like the neighboring town of Silverthorne, the town of Dillon still uses a few of the buildings from Old Dillon. Dillon is also home to the Dillon Marina (home of the world's highest yacht club), the Lake Dillon Amphitheater, and unparalleled lakeside mountain panoramas.

What a chill break

by kmbruening

"A long weekend in the mountains"

I just returned from Dillon, CO and feel rested up and relaxed. Dillon's famous sailing regatta was held the weekend I was there (August annually). I didn't get to see much of it because of family events I attended, but it seemed like a fun event to watch (bring binoculars).

Otherwise, Dillon (and its neighbor Silverthorne) seemed pretty chill. The information booth in Silverthorned can provide you with local maps of the area, including hiking trails.

I enjoyed my trip a lot. It was sunny and 70 F the whole weekend, so I walked a lot without overheating. Something difficult to do in DC in August.

Dillon/Keystone

by RJ1967

Actually this is a Keystone, Colorado page. Dillon is only a few miles down the road. Keystone is mostly a winter ski town, but there's lots to do in the summer,too. There are lots of condo's and hotel rooms in the area. It's not as expensive as Aspen or Vail, but it's not cheap either. In the summer you can hike, shop, do an easy kayak ride on the small lake, fish, or do my favorite thing....mountain bike down the mountain. The scenery is beautiful and the people are friendly. It's very casual here. Lake Dillon is nearby and if you have a boat, it's a great place to use it.

****For more photos of Keystone, click on my TRAVELOGUE******