3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• aviatryx's Profile Photo

great value

I just spent 4 days there - it is a really great place to stay. In fact, this is my 2nd visit there. They have an indoor pool, afternoon complimentary cocktails, complimentary breakfast, and is within walking distance of the main drag in town and the train depot for the trip to Silverton.

Unique Quality: pool
    complimentary breakfast

More about Durango

Only scary part coming up :)Only scary part coming up :)

The Anamas RiverThe Anamas River

Needleton MountainNeedleton Mountain

Durango StationDurango Station

Touring through Durango

by JanetLC

We are thinking of spending the night in Durango after touring through Mesa Verde all day. Is there much to see in Durango to keep us busy all evening (we do not have time to take the train) , or should we drive on two hours to Pagosa Springs to spend the night?

by cachaseiro

durango is a very lively town.
i once spend the night there when i was cycling through mexico and i remember the place as one of the livelier towns i stayed at.

by bocmaxima

Durango definitely has a nightlife. Much moreso than Pagosa.
There are several bars and restaurants along Main Avenue. Stay at a hotel close to that stretch.

by acprincess

I would definitely go to Pagosa Springs. I stayed at the Springs Resort (a real bargain during the week) and fell in love with the place. They have more than a dozen springfed hot tubs overlooking the river. If you stay there you can soak any time day or night. http://www.pagosahotsprings.com/

Travel Tips for Durango

Take time to see the old...

by ppotts

Take time to see the old trains and the coal mines. Meeting a guy who is from my hometown in this ice cream parlor. Proves that the world is indeed, a small place! Along with that, seeing a Merrill Lynch retail office in the town. You can never be too far away from where you work!!

Snowmobile Tours

by lizloyer

I took my family to Durango for the winter holidays last year and we ended up snowmobiling on one of the days we decided to take a break from skiing. We had never done it before and I was really anxious about it but we found a company called Ice Pirates and they were awesome!

The guides were great with my kids, they had a really thorough safety speech which calmed my nerves and I think I ended up having more fun than everyone! It was so beautiful, I think we went up to over 12,000 feet and we were even higher than the ski area we were skiing on the day before-we could see it from miles away!!

The kids gorged on hot chocolate back at the camp and we had a hard time saying goodbye.

We're definitely coming back next year-give Erick a big hug when you see him and tell him we said HI to Emma, the dog, too! We wore all our ski gear which was good because there was a lot of snow.

They also had a supply of supplemental gear that was free which was great because my littlest kid forgot his snow boots.

Durango & Silverton Narrow...

by rids

Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
Durango (elev. 6,512 feet) was a railroad town founded in 1880 on the Animas River. 1874 Gold Fever resulted in the early mining settlement of Silverton, 50 miles north (elev. 9,318 feet). The steam train makes the round-trip run from Durango to Silverton, through outstanding scenery.

Durango, Colorado - the Wild, Wild West

by karenincalifornia

"Wild beauty near Four Corners"

If you have been to the precise Four Corners locations - where borders of Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona intersect - you know that there is not much to write home about as far as scenery goes. However, travel about 80 miles to the northeast into Colorado and you will find yourself in the middle of the stunning beauty of the Rocky Mountains.

Durango was our base for exploring this area. The town has truly retained its wild wild west flavor.

Comments