136 East Thomas Place
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort

Loyal customer no more! Stay away!

by TripAdvisor Member Parker_CO_Traveler

Let me start off by saying that I have been a loyal guest of this property for year now. However, after our experience recently I will not be returning again. We have stayed at the Hyatt Beaver Creek for a few year now each year around our anniversary in November. We always get the same room type. It is a larger room with a fireplace and faces the village side of the property. To keep it simple, here were the problems:

1. Hotel reservations was not able to tell us much of anything about the rennovation as they are not on property. When we asked some questions of the front desk, they downplayed the rennovation.
2. We booked and paid for an upgraded room. We were put in the standard room. Big difference. And then told that we could pay another upgrade for the room we originally wanted. I checked Orbitz while at the hotel and I was already paying $70 more than the standard room rate.
3. Manager was very disrespectful when we called the front desk and only called us back after repeated attempts to discuss this with him.
4. Front desk staff was rude.
5. Rennovations are major, very major. The lobby bar is closed, the fitness facility, pool, spa, etc... all affected. Very noisy!

Basically, don't expect to get the room you want. Don't expect a peaceful getaway and if you have any problems at all, don't complain or you'll be treated like a 3rd class citizen during your stay. Overall terrible experience!

Maybe things will get better after the rennovation but I think instead of updating the hotel, maybe they should invest a bit more time and focus on their staff and the way guests are treated.

We checked out after the first night and moved to the Pines Lodge just up the street. That was a great move. The hotel is very nice, large rooms, great restaurant, very good staff. Much better overall experience. These days about the only thing the Hyatt has going for them is location.

The Best of Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member jalanr

Well I gave up on Hyatt's years ago, moving to Starwood's where I stay 50 nights a year... I attended a conference at the Hyatt last week, and was quite surprised... Great service, great ski services!, amazing location....

Nice place if someone else is paying!

by TripAdvisor Member txtx

First, let me say that we stayed here using Hyatt points. I could not imagine payng $650 or more to stay here. I would give it a $300 value, tops. Since it was free for us, it was a great value!

The hotel itself is gorgeous. Our room was huge with a great bed. The bathroom was fine but the bathtub was smaller than what I would expect for a resort hotel, though. It was what you would expect at a budget motel.

The cafe had a nice selection of food/beverage at usual resort prices.

The lobby was awesome, as were the firepit and hot tubs. The views of the mountain and skiers in the morning was really impressive.

If I was using my own money, though, I would stay in Vail. The area around the hotel was a little dull in my opinion.

Comments