927 Moraine Ave, Estes Park, Colorado, 80517, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Alpine Trail Ridge Inn

Good views.

by TripAdvisor Member Arandale

I stayed here for three nights in early June 2006. The reviews had led me to expect it to be good and it was - but not cheap! It is conveniently located near the Beaver Meadows entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park and many of the motel's rooms, including mine, seemed to have good views west into the Park. My room was large, but with a quite small bathroom. The hand basin in the bathroom was free-standing, but its usefullness was considerably impaired by a huge and rather silly fawcet mixer handle in the middle that will poke you in the face if you bend down to wash your face there - this facility was clearly chosen for its looks rather than for its practical value. The other concern I had, though it turned out not to be a probelm while I was there, was that the walls and roof of room(s) seemed not to be as well sound-proofed as in other motels I've stayed in, and certianly I did occassionally hear conversations in the next room - while not a problem during my stay, if you're unlucky about who's staying in the next room to yours, you might find your room a little less peaceful than you'd expected/hoped. Otherwise, the room was well-equiped, but the TV didn't have quite such a wide choice of channels as I'd had the previous night in another city. I though the restaurant/bar next door was just about OK for a quick breakfast or evening meal, the menus are rather limited. Probably much better to go across the road to National Park Village mall, where you'll find the The Other Side restuarant.

Great Place!

The Alpine Trail Ridge Inn was a great place to stay. We had a nice, clean, and large room. If you're planning on spending any time in Rocky Mountain National Park, the hotel is just up the road from the Beaver Meadows entrance, so it's really convenient.

The best part was all of the hiking tips from Fran. She asked us what type of hikes we were looking to do, and she gave us her favorite hikes that matched what we were looking for. Her excitement about the hikes was definitely infectious!

If you like noise, stay here.

My mother and I stayed at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn just a few weeks ago. I booked the hotel because of all the wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to say we were disappointed at the outward appearance of the place. My mother questioned if we should stay, but we did. Room was nice, clean, adequate. The traffice noise was quite another thing! EXTREMELY noisy from passing traffic. This hotel sits right where everyone drives in and out of the National Park. The motor cycles were the worst, and there are many in the area. The small balcony was of no use due to the noise. We couldn't keep the door wall open to enjoy the view and breeze. This hotel is also overpriced. Should have been under $90.

Perfect!!

What a wonderful stay. The perfect location for accessing all areas of the RMNP without having to drive through downtown; yet, just around the corner from downtown to visit the shopping strip.

The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, with roomy parking for loading and unloading. Robert is quite the photographer, and shared locations for finding wildlife successfully.

The Sundeck Restaurant was delightful. Good food and conversation. Just a walk across the parking lot. By the end of our stay we felt like "locals" and wished we were.

Very Nice Motel Close to RMNP

by TripAdvisor Member wmdmapes

Don't let the "motel" feel scare you; this is a very nice place to stay. Particularly if you plan on spending most of your time in RMNP. The motel is just outside of the main eastern entrance to the park. My wife really isn't a fan of motels so she was a little apprehensive when we first pulled up; however, she was quickly won over once we got in the room. It was easy to see why people say nice things about this place; you can tell someone has spent a lot of time and effort making this a nice place to stay. Every room has a copy of a book that the owner wrote (you can buy a copy at the front desk). Make sure you read the story about his brother, it touched my heart.

A Rocky National Park favorite, the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn

It is always a pleasure to stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. We have been doing it for years. Fran and Jay, the managers, are delightful people to know and are extremely knowledgeable guides and experts on the Rocky Mountain National Park and surrounding area. Our accommodations have always been exceptionally clean, inviting and inexpensive. Our extra blankets are always on our beds. We strongly recommend staying at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, especially taking the opportunity to get to know the Grooters and getting their advise on the best trails to hike or current Estes Park festivities.
Lynn and Nick Davis

A genuinely hospitable and helpful place

by TripAdvisor Member BluesCityTraveler

The reviewers who praise the cleanliness of this motel are speaking truth. One day during our stay, we accidentally put the "Privacy Please" instead of the "Service Please" sign on the outside of our door. The housekeeping staff, being very respectful of guests' privacy, did not clean our room that day. When we came back and saw what had happened, we let the front office know. One of the managers herself spent well over an hour cleaning our room that evening, and cheerfully made it spic and span.

But even more important to us than the cleanliness and organization this motel offers is the genuine friendliness, helpfulness, and hospitality of the staff. When one of our children seemed to be running a fever, and I scraped my elbow hiking, staff expressed genuine concern and offered assistance. Whenever we needed information about a destination, whether that be a trail in the Rocky Mountain National Park, a pizza place in Estes Park, or an evening at the local rodeo, staff members were always there with useful information and a map. They are personable, knowledgeable about the area, and the hospitality they extend is exceptional.

Good Motel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Roux

Stayed here based on the reviews I read here and was not disappointed. It is a older motel type property, but very clean and everything was provided that is neeeded. It is right next door to the park. Granted the road is VERY busy, but we weren't in the rooms for long and it didn't interfere with sleep at all.
Staff were all very helpful and friendly and the restaurant next door does a good trout and a reasonable breakfast.

Good but not great

by TripAdvisor Member accidental_squirrel

I am satisfied but not ecstatic with our recent stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. Positive comments are that the management is very friendly and organized. The room was clean and we had a second sink along with a small refrigerator and microwave. The second sink made it easier for my wife and I to get ready to go in the mornings and also to make coffee, etc. The wireless internet worked flawlessly which was also a big plus for us.

The negatives were that, since we had a lower level room which backed up into a grade, it was somewhat claustrophic. We were reluctant to leave our front window open since it opened up to the parking lot with cars and pedestrians passing by our window. There seemed to be lot of families here and children were playing in the parking lot. However, everything quieted down by a reasonable hour.

If I were to stay here again, I would request a balcony room. These have somewhat of a view and you could leave your door open at night and get the nice cool air. However, I would prefer a more secluded location. The ATRI is located at the intersection of two relatively busy roads and some traffic noise is always present.

In summary, the ATRI basically delivered what was promised, the staff was pleasant, and the price reasonable.

We'll be back!!!

by TripAdvisor Member chrsmrtnsn

We stayed here from August 6-11th in a balcony room. They have a pool area but we did not use it. If you are looking for a convenient location to Rocky Mtn Natl Park then you've found it! They are located on the west side of Estes Park just down the road from the park entrance. They are on the main road leading into the park which previous posts noted created some traffic noise. But the traffic noise all but ended by the evening hours. We did not find it stopped our use of our balcony at all. Now the room's are clean - very clean. No problems with that at all. The highlight of this place is the staff. We loved them all! If you need hiking suggestions talk to Robert or Fran. We had a great time on the trails they suggested. They know what they are doing! Anyone in the office will share dining recommendations throughout Estes Park. Everyone we had contact with was helpful and extremely pleasant.

Overall we can not wait to go back to Rocky Mtn Natl Park AND stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn!

Rick & Christine