Aspen Lodge

6120 Highway 7, Estes Park, Colorado, 80517, United States

• HORRIBLE PLACE FOR A WEDDING

This place is horrible for events! DO NOT BOOK HERE!! Their "event coordinator", Samantha Ross, is completely incompetent. She claims that she has done this for 15 years, but clearly has no experience planning weddings. I tried to book my wedding here, but after 13 weeks of being jerked around, I finally went elsewhere. Samantha LIEDto me on numberous things! She told me we could bring our own alcohol, but then completely changed her story when I was ready to sign a contract. She told me she could get different wines than what is listed, but then changed her mind because it would require her to do more work. Her staff lied several times that Samantha was not working, but then she'd call me back 5 min later (thus she was working). She does not return voicemails or emails in a timely manner. Her staff told me that everything was fair game to negotiate, but then there was no negotiating at all. They pour 5 glasses per bottle of wine, when it is a universal fact that there are 4 glasses of wine per bottle. Their alcohol prices are over 300% markup on retail price. If you want anything different than what is in their "package" deal, then this place is NOT WORTH IT! Samantha is a horrible "event coordinator" and I hope that no one has to endure what I had to endure with her. I would not trust her to plan any kind of event for me in the future.

• Oct 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

NOT AS ADVERTISED! The management here is unprofessional, unclean, and has no integrity - this place appears to be a commune not a lodge. Customer BEWARE!