Estes Park Hostel

211 Cleave Street, P.O. Box 1355, Estes Park, Colorado, 80517, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Estes Park

NEARING ESTES ON THE ROAD FROM LYONSNEARING ESTES ON THE ROAD FROM LYONS

Jumpingsis-in-law of Vter bulusan,  ColoradoJumpingsis-in-law of Vter bulusan, Colorado

HUSKER FLAG FLYING PROUDLY ON AN ESTES PARK STREETHUSKER FLAG FLYING PROUDLY ON AN ESTES PARK STREET

Easy-listening Duo in Hotel BarEasy-listening Duo in Hotel Bar

Aspen Lodge

by textraveller

Has anyone ever stayed there or have an info on what the hotel is like. My family is staying there over the Christmas holidays and now I see its rated as a two star hotel. We are travelling so far I dont want to get stuck in a dud!!

RE: Aspen Lodge

by Shaken_Bake

I've not stayed here, but I'm very familiar with Estes Park and actively participate in other travel forums. I'm afraid the reviews I've seen are not good at all. Check out this review page: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60945-d226791-Reviews-Aspen_Lodge_Ranch_Resort_And_Conference_Center-Estes_Park_Colorado.html

Estes has some wonderful lodging and I hope you can change your reservations.

by textraveller

Oh NO! Is there anywhere else you would recommend to stay for the holidays? Anyplace anyone knows that does the whole "christmas" thing. Thats why I picked this lodge, it seemed to have so much for my family to do. I dont want to be stuck in a hotel.

by Shaken_Bake

Try Glacier Lodge, which has individual cabins and activities. I haven't stayed here, but took the family horseback riding on the grounds last summer and thought that it looked very nice. It gets excellent reviews:

I'd check out the reviews on Trip Advisor and Fodors - they have a lot of actual travelers reviewing properties who'll tell you the real story! Good luck finding something - Estes is so worth the trip. I just got back from a weekend stay and never get tired of the incredible beauty of the park and the surrounding area.

by Boulder_Mike

I haven't stayed there, but I go ice skating there in the winter.

They have a large pond out front which they shovel into a hockey rink and a general skating area. It's popular on the weekends with locals playing pick-up hockey.

I can't say anything about the rooms, but they have a very nice bar/restaurant, and I thought the people running it were friendly.

It's about 8 or more miles from Estes, and not really near anything other lodges or restaurants. There are great views there and it is near some very nice hiking (Long's Peak, Twin Sisters)

Good Luck.

Travel Tips for Estes Park

Wildlife

by Packerman

I really like the fact that you see nature and can breathe the air God intended us to breathe in, not that nasty city stuff. One is able to get out of their car and walk around on paths and see waterfalls and wildlife. It is great! While we were driving back, there was a herd of big deer (antelopes?), and we could drive right next to them. It was so cool to be so close to these animals surrounded by the mountains.

NEBRASKA IN THE MIDDLE OF COLORADO

by Rich62

The Husker Nation is everywhere, even in the middle of Colorado. This store, known as "Big Red of the Rockies", has been featured in many newspapers stories and on tv as well. Inside you can find everything Husker: autographed helmets, posters, t-shirts, etc. Of course Colorado fans despise the store and it has been vandalized many times, but it continues to prosper year after year. In fact a couple of Univ. of Colorado sports stores have been opened in Estes in past years, but they have gone broke and closed.

3 PHOTOS ATTACHED INSIDE YOU WILL PROBABLY MEET JESSE KOSCH, the owner and former Husker. Jesse played on three national championship teams. Amazingly, his father played on two more! They are the only father-son team to have played on 5 national championship teams in the long history of the Nebraska football program.

Creek Mall

by OlenaKyiv

This is one of the parts of shoppings in Estes Park.

I like the buildings on the water. That is why I took this picture. But maybe here is some hint. The builders decided to draw attention of shoppers with noice of the creek.

By the way it reminds me buildings in Manitou Springs. Have you been to there? No. You may look at my page, if it is built , of course :-)

Local Style Italian Food

by Jewelslover about Dunraven Inn

This place has a local feel (the staff seemed to know alot of the patrons) and great Italian food. It's a must if you like Italian. This restaurant has been around for a long time and has quite a good reputation. I would definately make a reservation before you go.

Make sure you leave your mark at the restaurant (you'll understand when you get there) I had the chicken parmesan. It was a large serving in a bowl that was bubbling over with cheese and sauce. A+++ The hubby had lasagna. It was very good as well.

Horseback Riding

by AVG2319

Horseback Riding at the edge of the Rocky Mountains. Gorgeous scenary. and one of the few places i found that allowed you to double up an adult with a small child. Would go a warmer time of year next time though.

Comments