2760 Fall River Road, Estes Park, Colorado, 80517, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• BEWARE - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Over the past two weeks I have had three separate stays/reservations at Fawn Valley Inn. First of all, because of the absurd cancellation policy I feel I was forced into keeping my reservation even though I had given more than three weeks notice. My entire trip to CO had been cancelled but b/c of the ridiculous policy I spent the money to come out anyway rather than loose the money for the rooms all together. Secondly if I am paying the kind of money that these rooms were charged at I would expect - daily maid service as well as not taking out my own trash. Third, the first room I stayed in had horrible stains on the carpet, dirt all over the bathroom walls and the entire unit was in need of some repairs (cleaning, fresh paint, etc...). Fourth it is completely misleading that they consider a small futon with a bench suitable to sleep one let alone two people!!! I am completely disgusted and had a very unpleasant stay!

Unique Quality: Poor Customer Service, Dirty, Misleading

More about Fawn Valley Inn

Beautiful Views

by TripAdvisor Member leelees77

It was a wonderful place to spend our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was peacful and the views of the river were beautiful. The hot tub on the deck was a great insentive. The Fawn Valley Inn will be recommended by my husband and I to all of our friends and family.

Comfortable But Needs Better Quality Control

by TripAdvisor Member MartyChicago

We found the Fawn Valley Inn to be a comfortable place to stay near the Rockies. Our condo unit was spacious for our family of five. The kids enjoyed the view of the river and mountains.

However, we encountered some things that need improvement. We found the Teflon pots and pans damaged. They were badly scratched and not usable for cooking. Management was not aware of the problem until we mentioned it. They replaced the pots for newer ones. Second, the sheets for the futon were worn out and we were give ones with a HOLE (a big hole). Next, we found the pool to be dirty. We went out swimming in the evening so there were bugs and debris. Management was made aware and they said they would clean it up. Finally, we were not aware that we had a "owner" unit. The Fawn Valley Inn was not aware of some of the above discrepencies with the unit. They should have checked before someone rents out the unit to find out what needs to be repaired or replaced. The last thing I want to mention is that one of the "owner" units had a party one evening and we could not find parking in lot.

We loved vacationing in Estes Park and would like to give the Fawn Valley Inn another try. Jerry worked very had to make things right.

Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MNViki

We got back from the most fabulous vacation and stay at Fawn Valley Inn in Estes Park, Colorado. I have never had such wonderful, personable service on vacation before. We had a jacuzzi suite that sat in the valley of the mountains with Fall River running outside our patio door. What a fantastic way to relax and smell the mountain air. What made our stay so special and memorable was the fantastic, accommodating people that run these accommodations. We had the pleasure of enjoying the wild life right outside our door. We expected to see the elk in Rocky Mountain National Park but we did not expect to see them outside our door. The swimming pool and hot tub in the valley of the mountains certainly added to our memories also. Fawn Valley Inn has a big choice of rooms. Anywhere from a hot tub or jacuzzi suite to a one or two bedroom cabin setting. We're back in Zimmerman, MN wishing we were back at Fawn Valley Inn. Thank you so much and we're looking forward to seeing you again.

Top of the Line

by TripAdvisor Member hawkeyefanIowa

Fawn Valley Inn was one of the best places we have ever stayed. It is very family friendly and the staff is excellent. Views are second to none. It says that they are located right on Fall River and before we arrived I was worried that it would not be as close as described. It was, and the sound of the river was very relaxing. The view of Deer Mountain is excellent as well. They have hundreds of DVDs to choose from and with little kids that is very helpful. It is located within a half mile of Rocky Mountain National Park. My family and I will definetly stay at Fawn Valley again in the future.

Tranquil and Relaxing Place

by TripAdvisor Member TexasJRS

Fawn Valley Inn is located near the Hwy 34 enterance for Rocky Mountain National Park. The property sits right next to Fall River.

My family and I (3 adults, 1 teenager, 3 children) stayed in room 242 which is a second story condo with two bedrooms. One bedroom had two double beds the other had a queen. There was also a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room area. The kitchen was equipped with a stove, microwave, refridgerator/freezer, dishwasher, dishes/silverware/cups and a large dinning table. There was a gas fireplace and there were two televisions both with satellite and one with a DVD player (although we generally kept both television sets off). The condo was in very good shape and was very clean. We also had a balcony that overlooked Fall River. You could see the other balconies near us, but there was some privacy available. We left our windows open at night and we could listen to the sound of the rushing water of the river. In the mornings, we sat on the balcony and watched the birds (humming and others).

There is a heated outdoor swimming pool which isn't too big but is kept very nice. The staff at the main office were friendly.

This is not a place to go if you want to be waited on and it does not include daily cleaning services. It is an excellent place to stay if you want peaceful nights near the wilderness. We loved our stay at Fawn Valley Inn because it was very quiet and well kept. The Inn has rules that guests must review when checking in which helps keep the place very peaceful.

You might even get a glimpse of other wildlife as we had an elk visit our parking area which was pretty neat.

We look forward to staying at Fawn Valley Inn again in the future.

nice weekend getaway.

by TripAdvisor Member the_janet

My boyfriend and I stayed at Fawn Valley for Memorial Day weekend. We were in room 102, a jacuzzi suite, which had a deck with a grill and a kitchenette comprised of a mini-fridge, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, sink, utensils, plates, glasses, etc.

The room was outdoorsman-themed and quite cute. While the building is not *on* Fall River, the river was only a few yards below our deck. And while there isn't an actual trail along the river, we were able to walk along it (not really recommended for small children or if it's wet out) — sadly, we didn't encounter any elk or other wildlife. You can hear the river from the room but it's not so overwhelming that it will keep you up at night.

I haven't stayed elsewhere in Estes Park but I would return to Fawn Valley if I was looking for non-cabin lodging. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that the hot tub is located right around the corner and on our second night, there was a group of people who probably weren't unreasonably loud but could be heard very well from our room.

Nice

by TripAdvisor Member SGJO

This was our first time in Estes Park; loved the area, but felt the Fawn Valley was a little pricey, especially when vacancy signs were prevalent at nearby facilities. Although it appears many options in the area are similar (on Fall River) at around $150 a night, this facility did not offer AC or daily service of the room, while requiring trash removal and dishwashing by us. The "private" hot tub was on an open deck overlooking common area and was accessible by a deck area, not just from the room. There was a small kitchenette with microwave, fridge, coffee maker and sink, yet there was only 1 chair and no table in the room! The TV was great with plenty of channels. The pool was adequate, but there were only 5 or 6 lounging chairs. The setting on Fall River and its location (1 mile from RMNP and 3 miles from Estes) was ideal. An elk even frequented the area. We have traveled quite a bit and feel that although our stay was nice, this facility does not compare to other places we’ve stayed at $150 a night. We found the staff very nice and helpful.

Very comfortable but a little remote

by TripAdvisor Member megsnan

We had never been to Estes Park before and had no idea what to expect. We were initially a little disappointed to find that the hotel was quite a way out of town, and from the outside it did not look that great. BUT

On checking in, the staff realised there had been a big mistake with our booking (one room instead of two had been booked) and went out of their way to make sure it was put right quickly and without a fuss - luckily they had a room available.

There was no eatery nearby but the room was equipped with a kitchenette which had pots, crocks, and a microwave. There was a barbecue on the deck. The in-room jacuzzi in front of the TV (free DVD hire) and log effect gas fire was enticing so, lazily, we shopped in Safeway, bought wine in the bottle shop, cooked a quick, easy but nevertheless tasty supper and spent the evening lazing around which meant we could both enjoy a drink without worrying about driving home. We also made out own leisurely breakfast (no brekkie facilities at the hotel).

The bed was comfortable, warm and had plump pillows. The room overlooked the river which we could hear with the window open, and it was very tranquil. Fresh fruit was available in the lobby for guests to help themselves.

We spent two nights and were impressed.

Nice little getaway, great location, but room a bit small and warm

by TripAdvisor Member ChgoAtty

My boyfriend and I planned a last-minute trip to the Colorado Rockies, and we ended up booking this place for a few days after Labor Day weekend. Our accommodations were just okay, but the service was excellent. So let's pretend I marked this a 3.5 (4 for service and 3 for the accommodations).

The reservations office are really very nice and very good about sending confirmations. I thought all the people in the reception office and their maintenance folks also are terrific and very nice people. They were very responsive to inquiries and requests. They made us feel at home.

The room - and forgive me I can't remember the number - was very clean but so incredibly small. The smallness of the room was a little bit stifling. We had a studio with an outdoor hot tub. The outdoor 4-person hot tub (which seemed new) is fabulous, although not very private since our room is right next door to the common walkway area. Our deck looked out over a creek (I think it's supposed to be Fall River but it looks like a little creek) and I heard you can see elk grazing on some days. There was a nice little grill and a patio table outdoors, too.

There was a small kitchenette - very handy - that had dishes, pots, silverware, etc. Don't forget to wash your dishes, as you can be charged if you leave them. Luckily they posted a sign so that we remembered to do so. The bathroom was standard with a shower stall only. Very clean. Had a minor problem with the toilet, but someone came to fix it right away.

I was a little surprised that there was no air conditioning, although there is a giant, but loud, fan provided. For a room as tiny as this, the room got very, very hot quickly when the door was closed. Since this room was on the first floor, we didn't feel entirely safe leaving the deck door open. There were no windows other than the deck door. So, one night we slept with the door closed and sweat our ----- off all night. The next night, we slept with the door open to let in the cool air night, but didn't sleep securely. We could not request another room because Fawn Valley was almost totally booked and there were no other rooms available with outdoor hot tubs. Ordinarily, we would not have booked a first floor room in the first place, but this studio was the only option left that had an outdoor hot tub room. Since we spent most of our vacation hiking, the hot tub was a non-negotiable necessity.

Overall, we had a nice stay at Fawn Valley, and I think it is a great pick for a reasonably-priced place in between downtown Estes Park and one of the entrances to the RMNP. The service is terrific. If room size and fresh night air are important to you, be a little wary of the small one bedroom on the first floor with the outdoor tub - it might be a little too small and too warm for some people. We would definitely consider staying here again at Fawn Valley, but only if we can get a 2nd floor larger room with the outdoor hot tub!

Comments