River Rock Cottages

311 Virginia Dr, Estes Park, Colorado, 80517, United States

More about River Rock Cottages

Great Cottages

by TripAdvisor Member jandhrosin

The cottage we stayed in was very comfortable, spacious, and clean. We did not want to go out and eat, so the fully outfitted kitchen served us well. The beds were very comfortable. Everyone slept well.

For us the location was very good - within walking distance of all the shops, and easy access to the park for sightseeing.

We enjoyed the mountain views while relaxing in the patio area each morning and afternoon.

Great Place for Families

by TripAdvisor Member GMom3Ar

We stayed in Bighorn Cottage for 8 nights with a family of 4 adults and 3 children. We had a full kitchen, bathroom with shower only, and laundry room. WiFi service was also available.

The cabin was a perfect fit. We were comfortable and had plenty of space.

The views of the mountains surrounding the area were beautiful. It was a pleasant and short walk to the tourist area that we had come to see. Access to shopping and dining was very simple.

Overall, it was exactly as it had been promised to be. We enjoyed our stay very much!

Great Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member mutchman

Absolutely Wonderful...can't say enough. The cottage was very comfortable and well kept. The service was out of this world...where else are you going to get personal service along with great accomodations including satellite TV and free wi-fi. Although this was a business trip, it truly felt like I was on vacation each and everytime I was in the cottage. You will be absolutely right-on to book a stay here...I know I will be coming back in the future.

Brand new cottages near uncrowded trailheads

by TripAdvisor Member ScoopSkupien

Over the past decade, I’ve been to Rocky Mountain National Park four times. Each time I go back, I find a better place to stay.

Next time, I'll head back to River Rock cottages. You can walk down the 34 By-Pass and be at the grocery store (Safeway), a pharmacy, and restaurants within 10 to 15 minutes. Or you can walk down a residential hill and in 5 minutes be in the heart of town.

Did I mention you can drive (or take a long walk) to two lesser-used trailheads that are just as awe-inspiring as the rest of the park? Ask Terry, he'll tell you.

Cheers!

Clean, comfortable , convenient

by TripAdvisor Member sslaybaugh

Very clean, comfortable and convenient! We are a family of four and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at River Rock. Easy access to downtown and nice view of mountains and the Stanley Hotel. The owners are very nice and friendly. We will return someday soon.

Clean, 2 blocks from downtown, great customer service

by TripAdvisor Member doxieloversColorado

The cottage was very clean and freshly painted. It is in walking distance of downtown Estes Park to all the stores, restaurants and grocery. The owners Carolyn and Terry were very friendly and go out of there way to make sure your stay meets your expectations of their properties. We plan to stay there again when we return next year.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member gsteener

We had an absolutely wonderful stay. Cottage was within walking distance of downtown. Extremely clean and comfortable. First morning woke up to find an Elk eating grass four feet from the front porch and two more chewing on the shrubs out back. Highly recommended.

Wonderful Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Halpo

A 5 night stay at these cottages allowed us walk downtown to eat having quite often been in the car in RMNP during the day. This is not the case for a lot of accomadation in Estes Pk. The cottages have been beautifully renovated to very high standards. The quality finish makes them a great place to stay. The host was welcoming, informative but not intrusive. Although centrally located thay are quiet - enough to have wildlife roaming around the gardens. Our only issue was we disagreed with the rating of a Queen size bed in our cottage - by European standards it was 4'6 and not Queen size (although very comfortable). I would prefer cutains/shutters on windows to block out light - a personal preference - than the light blinds in place.
We would return if back in that part of the USA. Many thanks and continued success.

Great place, close to downtown!

by TripAdvisor Member Nicmacco

We had a great stay and highly recommend this property if you are looking for roomy accomodations, close to downtown. Typically, I like to stay in a more secluded and country like setting. So for that purpose, I would stay at a place like Rockmount (we stayed there last year) because thats a little more closer to nature. But sometimes, we want to stay close to Estes pubs, restaurants, so for that purpose, I would stay at this place for sure. For me/husband and 3 year old, we rented the Chickadee cottage. I would say this is perfect if you have a toddler and want a seperate room so you can still watch TV, go outside etc. Our friends rented the adjoining Diamond Cottage, there were 4 adults in their party. To be honest, I think all of us could have stayed in the Diamond Cottage and would have been fine. However, it was nice having the Chickadee so we wouldnt wake up my son. Also, I would be concerned about the noise level if other guests rented the adjoining room. We could certainly hear each other through the door. However, for a big group such as us, the 2 adjoining cottages were a big hit! Very clean, great TV's, comfortable pull-outs and very nice owners. If you would like something better than a motel/hotel to fit your family comfortably, near downtown Estes, this place is a smart buy. They don't have fireplaces, but it still was pretty cozy...The only thing that would have made it better possibly would be a grill out on our patio...

Very Nice Home away from Home!

by TripAdvisor Member NycLaura

My husband & I love to hike RMNP and on our last visit to Estes Park we stayed in The Aspen Cottage at River Rock Cottages. It was the start of "off season," early October, and it was like having our own, newly updated apartment room in Estes Park. There's no housekeeping during your stay. We loved it. The owners thought of many little things in the cabin that make it easy, very pleasant, & convenient. It's like a nice, cozy hotel room with views of the Twin Owls & other surrounding rock formations. They have top down/bottom up blinds on every window. The Aspen has a very comfortable Queen bed and a more private entrance/deck than some of their other cottages. You share the bathroom wall & kitchen area wall with The Bighorn Cottage. The cabin is on the side of the road leading up to the property, but that didn't matter to us. It was quiet and we got to see a slice of life in the neighborhood. The easy walk to the heart of Estes Village is a plus! Loved it.

Comments