1426 Oakridge Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80525, United States
IHG Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Fort Collins

nice tilework around their kettlesnice tilework around their kettles

Gunsmoke?Gunsmoke?

TURN WEST BY THIS SIGN ON COLLEGE AVENUETURN WEST BY THIS SIGN ON COLLEGE AVENUE

Collegiate 'Za and BrewskisCollegiate 'Za and Brewskis

Horseback Riding

by ShawneeNichole

The weather is finally warming up around here and I just luv horse back riding! I was wondering if there were any facilities or ranches that give them in this area. Also how much are the rides and schedules? I truley am interested and thank you for your time.

ShawneeNichole

Re: Horseback Riding

by Tallchick80

There are a lot of places to go to in the Denver area for a ride.

Here are some options:
Paint Horse Stables/Cherry Creek: Parker and Orchard Entrance. 303-690-8235

Wild West Ranch/Arvada: 7969 Alkire St Arvada, CO 303-425-8902 (I have heard this guy is a lot of fun!)

Oh, even better, go to Denver.Citysearch.com and search the yellow pages for Equestrian, there are a lot of stables listings in there and lots of options!

Happy riding!

Travel Tips for Fort Collins

Who came the furthest? We did!

by richiecdisc

Fort Collins was not on the game plan originally. Sure, I had spent time there during my first trip to Colorado in 1994 as it was a hotbed for Frisbee players and home to a few pioneering craft breweries but I no longer played and was really trying to be selective about what breweries to visit on this return trip in 2008. That was until I met a guy named Peter on the Amphitheater Lake hike in the Grand Tetons. He said one of his favorite stops was New Belgium Brewing and that their tours were not only free but a blast. I had been there on my first trip but couldn't recall much about it. All I knew was their signature Flat Tire was no can't miss beer for me. To be fair, on the 2008 trip I had picked up a few six-packs at various outlets around the western US. It might not be available on the east coast, but New Belgium had gotten quite big since 1994 and seemed to be everywhere we went, even a regular at Walmart!

As chance would have it, we found ourselves shopping at Sierra Trading Company in Cheynne WY on a Saturday morning after camping in a small town en route. We'd go to Rocky Mountain National Park that night and wouldn't you know it, Fort Collins was right in the middle of those two. As the saying goes, sometimes you just gotta go with the flow, of beer that is. We arrived a little after noon to a packed parking lot at New Belgium. It seemed I was not the only one Peter had spoken with. The guy maning the door said we could go in for some taster but the tour was booked for the day. On seeing us frown, he asked where we came from. I offered up South Florida, knowing the great distance might find us a few “unused” tickets but my wife bettered me by saying Germany and that, my friend, pretty much sealed the deal. He said we could go on the 2:00 tour and we nearly danced in for our tasters. (continued below in Fondest Memory)

Packing List

by royharper

I recommend a good pair of hiking boots and a comfortable pair of sneakers. A rain poncho will be handy since BRIEF afternoon showers are likely. Bring lots of film! Colorado is a beautiful place you'll want to capture.

THE BUDWEISER BREWERY

by Rich62

THE BREWERY IS NORTH OF FT. COLLINS A FEW (5?) MILES RIGHT ON THE WEST SIDE OF INTERSTATE 25. Of course they have tours.

There is a stable there for Clydesdale horses. Budwieser owns about 250 Clydesdales at their various brewery locations. These horses are descended from Great Flemish workhorses from Scotland. In 1933 the original hitch clip-cloped through St. Louis carrying the brewery's first case of post-Prohibition beer. Physical requirements are strict: A Clydesdale must be a gelding at least 4 years of age, must stand 72 inches at the shoulder, weigh between 1800 and 2300 pounds, be bay in color, have four white stocking feet, a blaze of white on the face, and a black mane and tail.

Absolutely the best ice cream

by PinkFloydActuary about Walrus Ice Cream

I've been to a lot of ice cream stores across the country, but nobody has ever come close to touching Walrus. This store has moved several times over the years, but it's because they've become more and more popular and need the space. Currently, they are located in the Old Town area of Fort Collins, where they continue to serve their premium homemade ice cream. Some nights, the lines will go out the door, but it's worth the wait. They produce some very unique flavors - but I have yet to try one I didn't like. The only problem is that once they run out of a flavor, it comes off the board and a new one jumps on. So from day to day, the menu changes, and if you love a particular flavor, it may not be around the next time you come in. Check out the website for flavors of the day. Scoops are a few bucks, but the serving size is pretty large. Enjoy indoor or outdoor seating. The very best flavor I've had here was the root-beer cherry (root beer ice cream with cherries). We went back later in the day for seconds, but they were already sold out.

The darndest good burritos in Fort Collins

by flooredfun about Big City Burrito

Want to feel fufilled after lunch/dinner/snack? Have a craving for a good burrito?

Mmm mmm mmm...this is the best place to get a burrito in town.

You can run the gamut from pork, to steak, to chicken, and even to potatoes burritos. Yum yum yum. You get to pick and choose what goes on your burrito, there are endless combinations, so don't worry, you'll keep on coming back. The potato burrito, hands down, is the best burrito you can buy at this restaurant. The fact that it has a slightly crispy taste, along with the fact that it is soooooo not good for your health, makes this burrito a delicacy that should only be eaten once in a while.

However, the potatoes, ranch dressing, the cheese and the onions, will all satisfy your craving for some hearty food.

Comments