Super 8 Motel - Fort Collins

Fort Collins Super 8 Motel
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Fort Collins

D & I having FUN at New BelgiumD & I having FUN at New Belgium

Its right across the street from the floral "CSU"Its right across the street from the floral "CSU"

Pappys is here.Pappys is here.

No Picassos or Pollocks here, alasNo Picassos or Pollocks here, alas

Colarado driving

by SBMRH

Hi all,

I'm working on an extended contract in Fort Collins. I'm hoping to get some skiing in over the weekend.

The company I'm working for handles all my travel arrangements. The car they have rented for me is a Ford Mustang.

My question is will I have trouble with this car in the snow? I don't have much experience in snow conditions.

The local weather is not telling me too much about road conditions.

Last question... Anybody interested in a day of skiing on me? You drive I'll pay!

Mark

Re: Re: Colarado driving

by AGBAT

This late in the season you should be fine. Most of the storms are over and the roads are clear. Spring skiing is what Colorado is famous for. Sunny days, relatively warm weather--there use to be a bikini ski contest in Purgatory over the spring break week. You may have a late spring storm but the roads will be cleared quickly, especially down in the flat lands around Ft Collins. If you try to drive over some of the higher passes you can have trouble -even in August I have hit snow above 10,000-but I drove a two wheel drive all over those hills and never needed chains. The rental agency will have snow tires mounted if they are needed.

Re: Re: Colarado driving

by Seabiscuit

Oh, Lordy..... This is the time of year when we get MOST of the snow. A Mustang is fairly safe, it's the 'loose nuts' behind the wheel that make for interesting driving. Makes no difference what kind (brand) of car you are in, it's how in control you are of it. Colorado is in the midst of a *major-league* drought right now, so the precipitation is at a minimum. Heck, I'll go skiing w/ you, but you'll have to make it to Denver (btw, I have 'heated seats' in my car..... just found 'em!) (LOL!)
Jeff-

Travel Tips for Fort Collins

Fort Collins Tip

by John195123

One of the best times I have had in Colorado, was here in Rawah. I cannot describe the experience in the proper words. But, one of the best parts of that experience was listening to a few of the guys working at Rawah singing 'cowboy' songs. I don't remember the words, or even the tune, but the feeling and memory remain strong. The picture is where we sat to listen...

Rocky Mountain National Park

by PinkFloydActuary

RMNP is actually just outside Estes Park, which is about one hour east of Ft. Collins. However, you can stay in Ft. Collins, and take a scenic drive through Big Thompson Canyon to get to the eastern entrance of the park. At this point, you can start the scenic drive of Trail Ridge Road.

It's a bonus scenic drive, and you can often find decent lodging rates and a wider dining selection in Ft. Collins.

To get to the park, drive south out of Ft. Collins on 287 to route 34 and take that west to Estes Park.

Wildwater Rafting

by KaiM

Leave Fort Collins on Highway 287 northbound to go to Poudre River Canyon just a couple of miles outside town. It´s a wildwater canyon where you can go rafting. Poudre River Canyon is also known as Cache la Poudre and was Colorado's first National Wild and Scenic River. It got its French name from some French trappers who discovered the canyon in the 1840s.
And nowadays where there are rapids, there are whitewater rafting trips - the river is a hot spot with both rafters and kayakers. Accessible from the canyon, the Cache la Poudre Wilderness Area ranges in altitude from 6,000' to 8,600' and its steep, rugged terrain is seldom traveled.

New Belgium Brewing Company

by royharper about New Belgium Brewing Company

Fat Tire Ale. First wind-powered brewery in America, eliminating 1800 metric tons of CO2 emissions per year. Fat Tire Ale - toasty malt flavors and crisp hoppiness

A nice sports bar

by Rich62 about Pappys

Its new, it has nice atmosphere, lots of tvs to watch for sporting events. The crowd seemed to be mostly in their 30's and 40's so they were civilized. I got some kind of chicken sandwich with avacado, it was good.

Comments