Rose Street B&B

200 Rose Street, Georgetown, Colorado, 80444, United States

More about Georgetown

One of the generatorsOne of the generators

The city parkThe city park

One of the downtown streetsOne of the downtown streets

The dining roomThe dining room

Travel Tips for Georgetown

Guanella Pass

by Small_World

When you're in Georgetown, go to the end of Rose Street and you'll see the sign for Guanella Pass. This 22-mile road takes you from Georgetown to Grant; I believe half of it is gravel, and it takes about an hour to travel it, so although it looks like a shortcut, it really isn't.

I drove a couple of miles on the road, just high enough to take this picture of Georgetown from a great vantage point, but the part I was on was fairly rugged. I can see why it would take an hour to drive it.

One of Colorado's Best Towns

by Tom_Fields

"Georgetown"

Just off I-70, not too far from Denver, is one of Colorado's most scenic and historic towns. Georgetown has much to offer--too much to just drive on past it.

Check out the Georgetown Loop Railroad, the Lebanon Silver Mine, the Hotel de Paris, and other attractions. It's enough for a day of sightseeing.

Georgetown....an old mining town west of Denver

by Jeannette1

"main street"

Georgetown is a beautiful old silver mining town which was in 1870 the third largest city in Colorado.
Today it only has about 1088 inhabitants.
It's a charming town and I would highly recommend a visit for anyone interested in the "old west" history.

Unlike many other mining towns, Georgetown was never destroyed by fire. It still has about 200 original buildings still standing in the historical district (6th Street).

Georgetown- My Home

by skeenbr0

Georgetown, Colorado is where I live. I have given tours of a nearby mine, so I think I am somewhat qualified to talk about it. Georgetown is a little mining town of about 1200 people, off of I-70, an hour west of Denver. People pour in during the summer. There are lots of shops selling gifts, etc. on Sixth Street. The major attraction in the summer is the Georgetown Loop Railroad, a narrow-gage railroad that runs up the valley to Silver Plume, just two miles away. The thing is, Plume is also 800 or so feet higher, so the track winds all around. Quite a trip, if you get the chance. The mine where I have worked for the past four summers (the Lebanon) is an optional part of the train experience. We take people about 500 feet into the mountain, and show some reproduced buildings as well. When the boss isn?t around, you will probably hear some good whoppers, depending on who your guide is.

Comments