Silver Queen Bed & Breakfast

314 Argentine Street, Georgetown, Colorado, 80444, United States

More about Georgetown

Tools used to maintain the plantTools used to maintain the plant

The Old Mission Fire StationThe Old Mission Fire Station

More of GeorgetownMore of Georgetown

The wine cellarThe wine cellar

Travel Tips for Georgetown

Queen of the Silver Camps

by Yorick12

I just love Georgetown. We drive up all the time during the summer months. It is beautiful. It was established in 1859 as a mining camp. By the 1870s and 80s it was booming, but in the 1890s as silver prices fell, Georgetown went into decline. Today, the beauty of the area has brought tourism and Georgetown is flourishing as a mountain retreat. It's been declared a National Historic Landmark District and most of the city's buildings have gone through restoration.

Georgetown

by Small_World

"I love this place!"

I'd heard about how the buildings were original from the gold and silver rush days, and since I was on business in nearby Golden, I decided to have a look. I was charmed by the scenery and the friendliness of the place from the moment I came to town. Everybody there knows everyone else (and a few of them even know me now :-)), and they made me feel so welcome.

You know how it is on trips, sometimes, where you go for days without meeting anyone, much less anyone interesting? Well, up until I came to Georgetown, that's how my Colorado trip had been going. And just when I had come to terms wtih being totally alone on my trip, I found a kindred spirit who closed down her shop to have supper with me. We're now planning trips together, and I wouldn't trade the experience of finding a new friend for anything.

The town is in a bowl-shaped park, surrounded by mountains on all sides, and every view is simply breathtaking. I could so live there, if I could survive the winter. Oh. And if I could find a job there. ::sigh::

Georgetown

by sue&gene

I fell in love with Georgetown more than 30 years ago when I went on my first ski trip to Colorado with my husband. On a recent trip to the area, I wanted to revisit Georgetown. The historical district is still quaint and has many shops and eating places. I was a bit disappointed with all the growth into the beautiful areas surrounding the town. They have recently opened a brand new visitors center which is always a good place to start a trip.

Comments