Courtyard By Marriott Grand Junction

Courtyard.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• Mattr11992's Profile Photo

BEST hotel

Best hotel stay ever,

very clean, well designed hotel with excellent service and staff

gorgeous young college women running the show- no complaints they no whats up.

the breakfast is great and the hotel rooms are very extravagant for the price..
    was very happy that my work sent me here for 2 weeks.

also the front desk was very helpfull with town activites as i said the college women new all the best restaurants and hangout places.

grand junction being a smaller town, the hotel is very conveniant, its down the road from the airport. and on the main road for everything.

Unique Quality: pool and workout are decent, the hotub is out back and has a nice view and is pretty private.

the morning breakfast is actually very good

Directions: down the st from the airport.

More about Grand Junction

Line of purple crests near skylineLine of purple crests near skyline

Sculpture in flower bedSculpture in flower bed

Monument for the park entrance-a gateMonument for the park entrance-a gate

Devils Kitchen and Serpents trailsDevils Kitchen and Serpents trails

Travel Tips for Grand Junction

When you visit, and you are a...

by masalazarcmc

When you visit, and you are a mountain biker. You must visit the Colorado National Monument's Devils Kichen. Even though you don't here to much about Grand Junstion, Fruita, area mountain biking. It is in my opion much better, and less crowded then are rival city Moab, Utah. Eventhough, I dislike Grand Junction. I keep going back because something is holding me back.

Green River-Fossil Point

by BruceDunning

There are a lot of roads that branch off of the main road in town. They all led to the out country and it is rugged, rough, and bumpy in many areas. It is really called a desert in this part of Utah, and is dry to prove it, except for along the Green River running through town and beyond. Fossil Point is about 13 miles south of town, and located in a barren hot, dry plateau with some gray hills peaking up. The road is not too bad to travel until the last couple of miles. I went past the designated area for a bit, and it does get worse form there. Four wheel drive is helpful.
I walked for around 2 hours looking for fossils on the hillsides, broken rock and in creek bed. Nothing special was found, but they must be here hidden well. The venture and exploring is the real treat.

~ Grand Junction, Colorado ~

by noidiotsplease

"The furthest west I have ever traveled"

About 250 miles from Denver, the remote city of Grand Junction serves as the regional hub of Western Colorado. Somewhat of a geographical compromise between the mountain landscapes of central Colorado and the rocky deserts of Utah, Grand Junction is defined by flat-topped mesas and arid vistas -- a rugged setting that has yielded many dinosaur fossils. In fact, even small sandy expanses begin to emerge in the outskirts of Grand Junction, near the Book Cliffs.

"More than just where my grandparents live"

I believe I have been to Grand Junction a total of four times -- including when I was a baby. That's because it is also where my grandparents live. That said, the city does boast a few offerings that visitors without family in the area may enjoy. For instance, when I was a child I walked around downtown, which features a variety of shops and lots of sculptural art near the Colorado River. I have also been to the local mall, Mesa Mall, on a couple of occasions. The best attractions I have visited in the Grand Junction area, however, are Colorado National Monument, where we went hiking and climbed on rocks, and a local dinosaur museum. The Grand Mesa is another park of interest to visitors, although to my knowledge I have never been there.

Visit my COLORADO page.