5609 Rte 20, Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado, 80451, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• micjammac's Profile Photo

Disturbing and disgusting

I had been to the resort a few years ago and enjoyed soaking in the pools on a cold winter day. When visiting Grand County recently, I took my wife back to the resort for a repeat visit.

What a mistake.

When we entered everything was as I expected. We paid, changed and checkout out the pools. Everything was going along fine until we decided to transition to a new pool on the upper deck.

In our transition we spotted a chipmunk (or small squirrel) caught in an old rusty trap. Its hand was caught and it was wriggling around and squealing trying to get free. I tried to set it free but couldn't without a glove. So, foolishly, I notified the staff of the situation. The front desk notified the maintenance staff ~ an older man and younger assistant. They quickly came to the scene, and picked up the trap (which left the animal dangling and screaming). My wife yelled out "What are you doing?! Are you going to kill it?!" Both maintenance men laughed and said that they had been trying to catch this "critter" for weeks and proceeded to violently throw the animal over a second story fence onto concrete ~ killing it. The sound was disgustingly audible. The men continued laughing as they left.

We complained to the front desk. They did nothing. We left soon after disgusted and shocked.

The staff here enjoyed killing the screeching animal in front of us. It was like abad scene from a horror version of the movie Caddyshack. My wife and I understand pest control and the need to maintain grounds. However, the manner in which this was carried out was awful in every way.

We won't be headed back and suggest boycotting this business if you have an affinity for animals and/or have a problem with animal crulety.

Comments