Arapahoe Inn Keystone

22859 Highway 6, Keystone, CO, 80435
Alpine Slopes Lodge
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

More about Keystone

making the trek to the bowls and untouched powdermaking the trek to the bowls and untouched powder

Self portraitSelf portrait

Obviously from outside!Obviously from outside!

At home in KeystoneAt home in Keystone

Travel Tips for Keystone

Get a Keystone Package

by rstary

I'm not a fan of packages as a general rule but I would book my trip "out west" through Keystone directly. It seemed to be more economical to get our condo, tickets, air fare and car rental done all through them. There is definitely alot of sunshine in Colorado in the spring. I enjoyed being able to ski in the warm sunshine. That doesn't happen often in northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula.

Where to start?

by johngayton

"Not a pub!"

Here I am just back from Colorado, with a slight detour via Essex, going through my pics. The difficult bit is where to start and so I will start with the bit that I found most difficult.

By the way the pub pics will follow, but probably under "warnings and dangers", for reasons which will become obvious.......they will be obvious, trust me!

Ach, here's me digressing before I have even started. OK back to subject - difficulties! The reason why I am introducing this page with this pic is that it took me a week to get it. I was staying with a VT friend for the week and on day one noticed a pair of bluejays flirting amongst the trees at the back of her condo, but every attempt I made to photograph them they seemed to be always on the move, as soon as they were in camera they had flown on before I had a chance to get the pic.

After about three days I managed to get this one, and a few others, but never one of both of them together - I also missed a woodpecker drilling on a tree trunk, which I just wasn't fast enough for either. Looking on the bright side though, that's a pretty damn good excuse for a return visit soonest - add that to the fact that I never did get to the restaurant on top of the mountain, nor did I ever attempt to try cross-country skiing and a few other things yet to be done makes a return trip absolutely inevitable.

UPDATE 20-2-06 THE INEVITABLE HAPPENS!!!!!!

"No Pub Here Either!"

And so here I am back in Colorado in training for the 2010 Olympics!

In fact I am lying big-time! What I AM in training for is for the journey down to the nearest pub which is about a mile and a half away, all downhill :)

This morning was my first ever attempt at cross-country skiing and, strange but true, my route WAS about 1 and a half miles, but it did take me about an hour, not too worried about tequnique, just got to work on my speed, can't waste all that valuable drinking time!

Comments