Evergreen Condiminiums

Evergreen Condominiums
Expedia.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Keystone

view of breckenridgeview of breckenridge

Top of the Mountain (12,456 ft / 3797 m)Top of the Mountain (12,456 ft / 3797 m)

The Intrepid SkierThe Intrepid Skier

Goggle GroupGoggle Group

Travel Tips for Keystone

Any Excuse To Take Photos Of Pretty Girls!

by johngayton

Every year Keystone holds its own little Mardi Gras parade, which OK ain't gonna challenge New Orleans, but this is a bit of fun in its own right!

Unfortunately on the day of the parade the weather was unseasonably warm and so the pics of the girls weren't as "sharp" as they could have been - see travelogue for more pics!

This is a very popular event and many local groups and businesses put in floats which are judged later in the day. It is a day enjoyed by both locals and visitors alike, though my only complaint is about the queues at the bars.

Just to keep you intrigued, here's a pic not showing any of the pretty girls except for the little darling in pink.

The Adult version is on the travelogue!

Keystone, Colorado - 9,400 feet closer to heaven

by Callavetta

"My Colorado LIfe"

Billed as the "Nature of the Rockies", Keystone seems the most environmentally friendly of the Summit County resorts. Developers take great pains to insure that man made features are added in concert with the natural beauty of the area.

In 2002 I bought a second home here. Since then, it calls to me. I check the resort website daily to look at the minicams (updated every 5 minutes) to see what I am missing. And when I get back to my home in the forest I am most happy.

While winter is the most crowded time in Keystone, it's truly beautiful every month of the year. And each month has its charms.

In summer rates are much lower and the crowds thin dramatically. Wildflowers abound when they have bloomed their last at lower elevations. Cycling, hiking, golf, tennis and boating become the sports au jour.

"Winter in Keystone"

What a winter it's been! At 154% of normal, Summit County has had more snow than seen in decades. Amazingly, it seems like a fresh sprinkling of powder comes at night and just before the weekends, leaving the mountains perfect for weekend skiers. But I really love the weekdays, when it's relatively quiet and I feel like all this beauty is just for me.

I've gotten good at digging out my car, driving the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to town, watching my car's automatic tracking take over because it thinks I don't know what I'm doing, and picking the least slippery spot in the parking lot.

As I write this, it's a frigid 4 below (F) and too cold to snow much.

"Summer cruising"

Winter is definitely SUV and 4WD time. But in the summer it's "top down and enjoy the scenery. Ripping around mountain curves with a view of the world is the way to live. But be sure you get back by early afternoon. The clouds come in and the daily thunder storm is not when you want to be a lightening rod!

Comments