1977 Soda Ridge Road, Keystone, Colorado, 80435, United States
Expedia.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Keystone

view of breckenridge from keystoneview of breckenridge from keystone

Creek in the ski areaCreek in the ski area

Clearing the RoofsClearing the Roofs

Steam from the heated poolSteam from the heated pool

Travel Tips for Keystone

Here's Something I Never Thought I Would Write

by johngayton

I never thought I would write an actual sports travel tip in which I am actually participating. I have written a sports tip on my Budapest page, and I suppose I was participating, but in a very idiosyncratic fashion.

I suppose there is a first for everything and here it is!

I have to thank VT for this, for without the site I would never have gone to Colorado, would never have thought about trying my hand at cross-country skiing, though I do have an ulterior motive for learning! As a total novice I cannot really recommend equipment, or where to get it, though it seems to me that skis are quite useful, as are boots and ski-poles come in handy too.

What I can recommend however is my new range of skiwear, pictured above, which will be exclusively available to VT members next season. I anticipate that this style of skiwear will be a must-have next year and am currently negotiating sole distribution rights with several international companies.

For VT members I am pleased to offer an exclusive pre-season price of $10,000 for the whole outfit, excluding boots. Sizes available in small, medium and large beer-gut fittings.

To take advantage of this one-off offer, send credit card details to me here on VT mail along with sizes required.

A walk in April

by Callavetta

"Loop Trail off Swan Mountain Road - 9300 feet"

Swan Mountain Road connects Lake Dillon and Keystone with Breckenridge. At the top there is a parking lot that is the trailhead of a 1 mile loop trail that offers some spectacular views of Lake Dillon, Keystone valley, Breckenridge and the mountains of Vail and Loveland Passes. This day offered a snapshot of the area between storms.

"Half way point of trail"

At the half way point of this trail are three picnic benches. This is where I love to go and sit to meditate. Off in the distance the huge mountains tower over the Valley and all my problems seem so small. The foreverness of this land is so meaningful to me.

"The trail"

Somewhere in there you can see the "trail" that has been tromped out through the snow. In winter this trail is still easy to pick out. In summer, it's a clear path.

Take a break at the picnic tables and spend some very quite time looking at the glories in front of you.

"Teepees"

At the picnic area there are several of these "teepees" that someone built stacking up trees together.

"Breckenridge Overlook"

Near the end of the trail, or beginning if you go clockwise, you find the Breckenridge overlook. When I arrived here there was a small group of people having a memorial service. I wanted to linger and take photos but I felt that my presence was an intrusion. As I walked away they started playing a beautiful lovesong. It was an incredibly emotional experience for me.

"Home Again"

The next day at home again , the sun was gone and the next storm arrives. This is the view off my deck. By the next morning the snow on the rails was two feet high, and I discovered what cabin fever is.

Comments