Days Inn Longmont

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Longmont

ALONG HIGHWAY 287 HEADING NORTHALONG HIGHWAY 287 HEADING NORTH

Need Help: How do I go Longmont to Castle Rock Factory Outlet??

by bluebird_mm

Hi there, I am an overseas student visiting Longmont for a week in March (its my first time) . well, my main purpose there is to finish my assignment but I really love to visit either Loveland or Castle Rock factory outlet on the only Saturday that i have. I'm on low budget, can't drive and so can't take taxi too (I heard it will cost over $200??).Can anyone tell me what is the best way to go & return back?? or if i take taxi, how much will it cost for the round trip?? Please help me, I can't seem to find any answer on internet. Thank you all very much in advance.
Blue.

by mccalpin

Well, the first thing to do is to call the people at Castle Rock and ask them if they have any suggestions ((303) 688-4495). I see that their website assumes that you have a car.

If they don't help you, I can't see you taking a taxi, since the trip is something like 100 kms (60 miles) each way. Instead, look at (1) a bus from Longmont to Denver, then (2) a bus from Denver to Castle Rock.

Longmont is served by RTD (Denver's regional transit) - see http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules/getSchedule.action?runboardId=101&routeId=L&routeType=12&serviceType=3
for the schedules Mon-Fri. NOTE: these buses are for commuters, so reduced service on Saturday and no service on Sunday.
Their number is 303-299-6000.

I don't think that RTD runs to Castle Rock, so you may need to connect to FREX, which is based in Colorado Springs and comes up to Denver. I can't find a schedule that pinpoints Castle Rock, even though their website says that it serves Castle Rock, so I suggest that you call FREX at
719-636-FREX (3739)
877-425-FREX (3739) toll free
and ask them what bus stops at Castle Rock and how close this is to the Outlet mall (may not be close). You can probably also ask them where you connect in Denver to RTD, particularly with routes L and LX of RTD (they may know, even though it's a different company).

In any case, I am thinking that between the two bus companies, you may be able to do this...good luck!

Bill

by Jamesr3939

Check the Shamrock Express. I took it a couple of times from Denver airport to Loveland and it stops along the way and ends in Longmont (I think) or it might even go all the way to Chyenne, WY. The big bus stops along the freeway and then small vans take off from there.

by bocmaxima

Castle Rock is about 100km south of Longmont, so I would forget about that option.
On the other hand, although Loveland is only about a 10 minute drive from Longmont, there is no public transit connecting the two cities. Longmont is RTD (Denver), with an express route into Downtown Denver, but Loveland has its own, tiny transit system that doesn't leave the immediate town area.
If you really want to get to the outlets in Loveland, I'd try to get a ride from someone at your school. Failing that, a taxi would be about $50 round-trip, I think, depending on where you're starting in Longmont.

But, honestly, what's the attraction of the outlet mall? These places just do not have the discounts that they promise, and you're better off, often, shopping at just a regular mall or shopping strip. Taking the bus down to Boulder (quick and easy) and doing your shopping there would probably be your best option. You could also take RTD's "L" route down to Westminster Center, which is a large mall and has quite a bit of shopping around it.

hth

by bluebird_mm

Thanks Bill, the info is really helpful. I will check with RTD & Frex for details when I reach longmont. Cheers. Blue.

Comments