5500 Stone Creek Cir, Loveland, CO 80538

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Problems with Front Desk Staff and Management

My recent three day stay at the Hampton Inn in Loveland was a nightmare, mostly due to the incompetent front desk staff and absent manager.

The room itself wasn't bad. Though, the wall-mounted heater/air conditioner was so noisy, I had to purchase earplugs to wear for my second and third nights there. Also, the water pressure in the shower was so weak, I had to adjust the shower head to the "massage" setting just to get enough pressure to wash the shampoo out of my hair (and I have short hair).

The worst part was the poor treatment I received from the front desk staff. An arrogant, college-aged male front desk clerk tried to tell me I couldn't stay there for my third (and final) night, because the hotel was booked and I had been listed (erroneously) as a one night guest. He refused to accept that his co-worker had made a mistake regarding the number of nights I needed my room. Unfortunately, I couldn't take up the problem with the manager, because she doesn't work on weekends (their busiest days)! After agreeing to pay $60 more than the original price quoted to me, I was "allowed" to stay there my final night. Later that night, another front desk clerk (an older man) overheard me complaining about the poor service I received, and he began shouting at me to "Shut up! Shut up! Go back to your room and go to sleep!!" I felt so threatened, I nearly called the police.

The current front desk staff and management at Hampton Inn in Loveland apparently aren't familiar with the old saying, "the customer is King". They were insulting, rude, and seemed to be going out of their way to remind me that Hampton Inn isn't a five star hotel.

Comments