1400 Main Street, Highway 550, Ouray, Colorado, 81427, United States
Official Site

More about Hot Springs Inn

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member cuppajava

Very nice and well maintained property. Rooms were wonderfully spacious. Beds were extremely comfortable. Sound of river outside relaxing. Mini fridge, microwave, laundry, grill & picnic table, proximity to walking trail, town, Maggie's burgers & the pool were appreciated. More picnic tables would be helpful. Internet connection (bring your own Cat9 cable) supposedly available in laundry room didn't work for us or anyone else who tried it. I would recommend they address this and improve the breakfast. Otherwise, no complaints.

Huge, comfy beds!

by TripAdvisor Member COadventurer

We were very pleased with the rooms and amenities at Hot Springs Inn. Everything felt new and clean. The beds were wonderful, bathroom spacious, riverside deck relaxing, and the room size surprisingly large. I would definitely stay here again; however, next time, I will request a 2nd floor room. We were under a herd of elephants! The hotel is also within walking distance to town, which is an added bonus.

Unique..

by TripAdvisor Member Writerone

The property is on the banks of the yellow Uncompaghre River.
The river ain't much. But the rooms are. Plush beds and interesting 'cowboy" decor make this a great place to spend a night. Can recommend this to anyone.

It is great when you find aplace like this.

by TripAdvisor Member IdaB's

After checking this hotel out on TripAdvisor.com and reading the reviews in contrast to the reviews at The Peak Resort in Telluride, we were so pleased that we stayed at the Hot Springs Inn. The rooms were clean, the king beds were snugily, the soaps & shampoos unique and pleasing. It is truly Rocky Mountain western to sleep with the windows open and listen to the creek. If there was a chiil outside, there is the gas fireplace. The continental breakfast could use fruit, hard boiled eggs, bacon or sausage and upgraded coffee, but that is a minor flaw. They could charge $5-10 more and upgrade the breakfast. We sent our friends to the Inn.

Great end of season experience!

by TripAdvisor Member apggal

What a wonderful hotel! Rita the innkeeper was so pleasant as was her assistant. The hotel rooms look just like the photos on their web page. My husband and I stayed at the very end of the season, which was great! (no crowds!) The beds were comfortable and the room a good size. The granite sink is in the bedroom, separate from the shower and toilet, which makes it convenient getting dressed.

The breakfast was fine, with coffee, juice, tea, rolls, cereal, toast, jelly, oatmeal. If you want eggs I recommend Maggie's Kitchen, next door to hotel.

I am a travel agent myself. I would recommend this hotel to the most discerning client. My husband and I plan to return soon!

Great beds clean rooms

by TripAdvisor Member redfish18c

We stayed here in Sept. and the beds were great and the room was very clean. If you are going to have dinner in town I would highly reccomend the Outlaw. I had the Ribs, wife had the shrimp and daughter had the steak all very good.

Great find - enjoyed the hot tubs!

by TripAdvisor Member beautifulmother

Stayed here for one night in August 2006 - wish we had stayed longer. There are 5 of us in our family so finding comfortable lodging with enough beds is always a challenge. We stayed here in a suite with a kitchen and futon in the living room - very clean and nice. We loved the hot tubs on the hill above the Inn - so relaxing and the view was wonderful. Ouray is a great town and we're all looking forward to going back and staying again at the Hot Springs Inn.

Not a good stay for us

by TripAdvisor Member tmb66

The Hot Springs Inn was a slight disappointment to us. We encountered a woman named Rita (possibly the owner) who entered our room to tape a hand-written sign for us NOT to touch the TV box or wires to the TV. We had not touched anything. We turned the TV on and all we got was static from Dish TV. We left a note on the second day to have someone fix it so we could watch TV. They did fix it, but included the nasty note. The 3 hot tubs are tiny and children under 5' are not allowed to enter them. The continental breakfast is only served from 8-9:30 am. For people from the east coast that is the equivalent of eating at 10 am or later. The hotel is on the outskirts of town, about 1/5 mile from the Hot Springs pool. We could not walk to restaurants or attractions. The beds are large and comfortable, but notes taped to the dresser warn not to stain any linens. The hotel chose white towels and floor mats. These are hard to keep stain-free with kids. Overall, Hot Springs Inn is not kid-friendly.

Pleasant and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Kitters

We stayed two nights at the Hot Springs Inn. The hotel appears to be fairly new. The rooms are very comfortable and each one has a small balcony with a view of the river. We found it very pleasant to open the windows at night and let the sounds of the river lull us to sleep.

We were quite amused by the notes on the TV sets. Apparently the satellite system is really 'touchy'.

The only problems we encountered were at breakfast. We were part of a tour group and since the Inn's regular breakfast time does not begin until 8 a.m., our group had asked for 7:30 and then 7:00 a.m. breakfasts. This shouldn't have been that difficult as all they serve is a basic continental breakfast (bagels, toast, muffins, small cake donuts, coffee cake and dry cereals) not even any fruit except for orange juice, but the lady serving breakfast arrived late both days and was really grumpy.

This is a Peaceful, Quiet, Clean Hotel ! Not your average cookie cutter Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Jeepster4x4

Just got back from spending the week of the 4th of July at the Hot Springs Inn in Ouray. What a Wonderful Hotel ! Rooms are spacious and clean as is the property. This hotel is only a couple years old and it shows that the propery owners are trying very hard to keep this hotel top notch. Like in the other reviews we had the sign on the TV not to remove the wires and the sign about not staining the towels. I personally welcome this as the hotel rooms, beds, decorations, and grounds are gorgeous and immaculate. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with the owners wanting to keep them that way. There are signs stating No smoking or pets in the rooms but I was disapointed to see nothing about no smoking on the patios. One night during my stay, there was a soothing rain and my family headed to the patio only to be choked out by my neighbor's smoking from the patio next door. The location just on the edge of town next to the river is perfect. It's obvious they put some forethought into designing this hotel from the full size steel silhouette cowboys in the parking lot to the whimsical flower stuffed cowboy boot on the wall in the room. I will definitely stay at the Hot Springs Inn during my next visit to Ouray, which hopefully we be much sooner than later.

Comments