La Quinta Inn And Suites Pueblo

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Pueblo

What's it really like?

by wannaharley

Our family may be moving into this area within the next 1 or 2 years. How close are you to Lakewood, since the ex lives there now and want to be close to hubbys daughter.
Checked out a few surrounding cities, and Pueblo looked good to me-from pics anyway.
Any suggestions? My husband is a painter and makes lots of bucks here. Need to be where the money is, and be close to our daughter.
By the way...Seattle is great. Don't want to leave here, but need to do the right thing. Thanks

Re: What's it really like?

by patty013

I live in Lakewood and love it. We moved here in 96 from DFW area. Pueblo is pretty far away, almost 2 hours. Driving up 25 through Colorado Springs is a nightmare. Lots of accidents. Why would you want to be so far away if you are moving here? Pueblo is smaller town, if you like that. Housing will be much cheaper than Denver metro. Jobs will be much more limited, but you may want that smaller town life. Some people really like it there, but if you live in the metro area, he would have much more opportunity for jobs. I'm not sure how much you will gain when you sell your home, but real estate is high here. How old is the daughter? She's probably not going to appreciate having to drive that distance to see you on weekends. And it wouldn't be possible for you to see her little league, etc. on a weeknight. Consider the metro area before you consider Pueblo. Feel free to email me and I'll answer any questions you have. I have 3 daughters in 3 different schools here.

by wannaharley

Thanks for the scoop. I really didn't realize Pueblo was so far away. The reason we didn't want to live in Lakewood is that dealing with his ex is like dealing with the daughter of satan. Believe me Dr. Phil would have a hay day with her.
It's hard to imagine how the area is layed out. What cities are included in the Denver metro area?
If you can send me any pics of Lakewood I'd appreciate it.
Thanks again.

by patty013

I understand that. That's why my ex lives in Texas and I live in Colorado. Too close can be a pain. But if you are moving to Colorado to be closer to her, Pueblo would be too far. You don't have to pick Lakewood, that's for sure. But if you are planning on trying to get the child on weekends, etc. you will want to live somewhere in the metro area. You want to be close enough where her friends can also spend the night at your house, you can still take her to soccer on Sat morning, etc. She will want to come over more that way. How old is she? What school? Denver is in the center. Lakewood is on the west side as you head into the foothills, part of Jefferson County. There are tons of cities making up the metroplex. Littleton, Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Thornton, Westminster, Arvada, and several more. Economy has been hit really hard here, and we are slow to recover. Why do you say in the next 1-2 years, though? Why not sooner?

by patty013

Oh, I didn't answer your question about pictures. From some spots in Lakewood, you have great views of downtown, or the Tech Center (SE corner), or even south toward the Springs. To the West , right outside my home and office, there are small mountains they call the foothills. They are beautiful and there is tons of parks where you can walk, hike, picnic, fish, etc. close by. Not Seattle. Very little rain. Sunny days number 300+. Don't think that the snow will be a problem. My kids rarely wear a coat to school, only fleece jackets. When it snows, it melts away pretty quickly the same day or so. Never any ice on the windows, too dry here. Occasional snow storm might be a big deal. We had a whopper in Feb this year, snowed in everyone. But that is rare. Summer is relatively short, but nice days occur all throughout the year. Feb, Mar, April are especially depressing because that's when it finally gets cold. And that's when the brain says it should be spring. Snowfall a little heavier on the west side, but no big deal. Driving no issue. He would drive all over with his job, but I have a job in Lakewood so that it is easy for me to get to the kids when I need to. I don't do any of the freeways, but people do. Public transportation exists and might work depending on your needs, but more likely from Denver that out to any of the burbs. Hilly terrain, very nice place to live. Lots of outdoor things to do. I'll send some pictures when I get a chance.

by prometheus

wanna,
Whoa! You better do some careful research if you want to move to Pueblo. First check your map and the mileage. It is not part of the Denver area! Get a travel/tourist guide to Denver and learn something about the area to help with your decision. Check the Places Rated almanac at your library. It compares cities in various features.
Good Luck.