Leisure Resorts Steamboat Springs

1485 Pine Grove Rd., PO Box 774306, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, 80477, United States

Satisfaction Poor

Good For No Data

More about Steamboat Springs

ME!!!ME!!!

The flat ocean of dirt known as Iowa and NebraskaThe flat ocean of dirt known as Iowa and Nebraska

The TugboatThe Tugboat

Travel Tips for Steamboat Springs

Hand and Feet Warmers for Sore Muscles

by tlezak

I used feet warmers for my sore hamstring. They worked so well I only had to sit out of skiing in the morning. I was back on my skis after lunch. Disposable cameras for the Slopes. I handed out cameras to everyone in the condo. No one worried if they lost it or fell on top of it.

Road Trip to Colorado

by srrulz

"On the road again..."

We packed up the car and headed to Chicago to drop off the kitty at my mom's place. Then, Colorado, here we come!

"Colorado or bust..."

Let me tell you, Nebraska and Iowa are the two worst states in the entire US of A. My apologies to any residents of these states, but you really have to work on your scenery a bit. We spent a lot of time trading drivers, reading, playing video games, and zooming through Nebraska at 95 mph.

I wasn't quite sure what to make on the slogan of the Nebraska sign...the good life??

"Finally!! This is what I like to see..."

11 hours later, we see this beautiful sign. Looking anxiously for my first sight of a mountain ever, we realized that the sun was probably going to set before I'd be able to get a glance.

"The night in Denver..."

2 hours after reaching Colorado, we checked into our hotel in Denver (Radisson Inn). This was a very nice business oriented hotel. The pillows were nice and soft, and that's what mattered to us. The hotel staff recommended a little family owned steakhouse, and we were disappointed when the food was mediocre, expensive, and tasted like smoke due to the 2 table "non-smoking" section. We settled down to some cozy sleep, though, optimistic about the next day.

"Beautiful morning sunshine"

When we woke up the next morning, it was time to head for the hills (the real big hills). Stepping out onto the porch, we found that our room had an amazing view of Denver with the mountains in the background. After a little detour through downtown Denver to see the capitol and the 16th street mall (and breakfast at the cheesecake factory - hey, there were bananas in there!), we started going up. This is where I discovered that due to my childhood in the midwest, my belly has a little problem with altitude.

"Weaving our way through the peaks"

A few hours later after some extreme driving through the Rockies, we made it to Steamboat Springs.

Comments