1500 Matterhorn Circle, Vail, Colorado, 81657, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

More about Vail

Entrance off Gore Creek Dr.Entrance off Gore Creek Dr.

Mountain view of the ski areasMountain view of the ski areas

Starbucks and Marble SlabStarbucks and Marble Slab

Mountain Views from Beaver Creek - Feb 07Mountain Views from Beaver Creek - Feb 07

Travel Tips for Vail

There were two ranches we went...

by John195123

There were two ranches we went to one summer in Vail. Each of them was great, and the rides were quite nice. I don't know the names, but I'm looking. One ranch took us up towards the cliffs, through the fields of sage, stopping for a photo along the way. The other had different terrain, but was equally as beautiful. I don't know what more to say about them.

There are over 50 14000 foot...

by RBRCHKN

There are over 50 14000 foot peaks in the state of Colorado (52 or 54 I think). Quite a few are an easy all day hiking adventure. Here I am atop Holy Cross Mountain just outside of Vail. The views are worth every minute of the hike....I'm on top of the world!

Pizza

by John195123 about Pazzo's Pizzeria

This is a great pizza joint on the "frontage" road just before you get to the covered bridge area, and just after you descend from the parking structure. Head west and Pazzo's will be on your left. They have a pizzeria atmosphere, good pizza, and they deliver.

Vail, Colorado

by anjorgen

"Fun Ski Vacation"

We had a great time in Vail this year. The first day I went to ski school with Matt, Gary, and Gina. By the end of the week I skied a little black diamond run with Kurt and Kelly. The week was a blast. It only snowed on the last day and was not too cold.

RBRCHKN's new Vail Page

by RBRCHKN

THINK SNOW!!
We're in the midst of another fantatic winter! SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

I originally moved to Vail to be a ski bum after running the ski club in college. Who knew that I'd still be here 6 years later starting on my 7th winter?!
Life is absolutely wonderful here in Vail. The people and lifestyle are the greatest. A bunch of people that enjoy the outdoors and are extremely friendly towards each other. Sure I miss the warm sunny beaches of San Deigo (my hometown), but Vail has SO much to offer. It is a tiny valley of maybe 4000 year round residents. The closest city is Denver, 100 miles to the north east (mostly east). There are 14000 foot peaks all around and the view of the Gore Range from Vail Village is spectacular!
During the winter, Vail is the largest ski resort in N. America with over 5000 acres of skiable terrain! Sure, its no Jackson Hole or Squaw Valley but there is still plenty of good stuff to be had!
And in the summers...oh the summers! Oh nevermind, they aren't that great. hahaha! Its the summers that have me staying here still. Mountain bikers, kayakers, hikers, climbes, fishermen and more love the summer time here. Straight from my front door I can ride off on epic single track on trails where I'll see noone for hours. I love this place!
Sure will miss it when I'm gone around the world!

Comments