Holiday Inn - Apex Vail

IHG Orbitz.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• great stay horrible departure

The stay was good. But i was pushed out the door and I forgot something because of it. So about four hours later I realized what I had for forgot but when i called the front desk man was like call back in the morning and ask for housekeeping. I called and the housekeeper couldn't even speak English who I talked to. Don't forget anything here because they are thieves.

Unique Quality: The worst thing is I work for the sister company of this one in Denver. Next time I will take my good friends discount and go to the Westin or Marriott.

Directions: Denver to Vail and back

• great stay horrible departure

Directions: Denver to Vail and back

More about Vail

View of the mill and mineView of the mill and mine

Looking to the north and a mountainLooking to the north and a mountain

Feb 2008Feb 2008

jeff dropin injeff dropin in

vail/beaver creek ski lift discount

by calvin3

does anyone know where i can get some good discounts on the vail/beaver creek ski lift tickets? i've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

RE: vail/beaver creek ski lift discount

by tetonski1

Hi,

We were just there (in Vail/Beaver Creek, 2-6-06). We flew into Denver and drove to Vail and on the way we stopped at Christy Sports, King Soopers and other places; all said that Vail/Beaver Creek did not offer discounts as other ski areas do. They said we could buy an all area ticket for three days which included Keystone and Breakenridge and would allow you to ski only one day only in Vail.

We eventually decided to ski half days which started at noon and were $65 a ticket instead of $81 per ticket. We skied straight from 12pm to 4:30pm each day and had a great time!

Travel Tips for Vail

High Altitude

by GracesTrips

Before I went to Vail, I perused the Vail Travel site here on VT. Lots of information about adjusting to the altitude. I was fine for almost the entire trip except....instead of taking the elevator one day back to our room, we climbed the stairs. After four flights of stairs, I was so winded that my chest was pounding and hurt like I was having a heart attack! I had to sit down to catch my breath. You don't realize how it affects you until you exert yourself. Also, took a short walk up the ski slope and found I needed to take a rest about every 10-15 feet or so. Coming back down was not a problem.

Ghost Town

by Pawtuxet

My son, Dutch, took us up the mountain to a deserted town which must have been used for mining. Great views from up there. So remote. People had to have been really motivated to live that far from civilization. Vail itself wasn't built at the time the little ghost town was settled.
Vail was created for skiing in very recent years.

Five star dining no expense spared

by johnste about La Tour

Nice, warm and glowing type of ambiance. Young but personable and skilled staff. One of my pet peeves is waitstaff who interrupt the conversation at meals for THEIR needs - "Do you need anything else?" is really: "Can I go away now?"

The staff timed their necessary interruptions to pauses in the conversation. The food was all brought at the same time by several indivduals. There were six of us. I had the veal sweetbreads appetizer. Divine!!! My husband had the escargot, which was served in an unusual cream-based sauce in the customary dish with one dip for each snail.

I had the duck entree, which was superbly done, not greasy at all, and flavorful with a barley side dish made with the juices.

My husband had the panko crusted chicken paillard with capers, baby tomatoes, asparagus, lemon zest, crème fraîche mashed potatoes, sauce beurre blanc. Every mouthful divine. Our son had the beef tenderloin, which was so soft and flavorful he could have cut it with his fork.

One of our tablemates had the hot granny smith apple tart with cinnamon ice cream, caramel sauce. Sounds nice but sort of ordinary you say? Fie! It had crushed hazelnuts and was so superb...!

Rockies are surrounding the valley

by BruceDunning

This is in the midst of the Rockie Mountain chain, and to the west of the most high range. It is situated about 40 miles west of the Eisenhower Tunnel that is in the middle of the highest point-Loveland Pass. It is 80 miles west of Denver. There would still be 10+ miles of driving through the mountains before getting to a flatter plain heading west.
The Rockies are a majestic eroding mountain range that still holds the award for the best known and mighty crests. Loveland Pass is 11,990 feet high, and the Eisenhower Tunnel goes under it to avoid climbing the winding old highway that still exists. Colors of the mountain range are grey, green , black, and covered by many pines. It takes around 40 miles to get through it all end to end and get on more level ground

Yes.. Vail.

by Chicago_Dave

Vail is a nice place.. Best left to the metro-male.. Skiing is light so are the people. On the other hand the heated sidewakls are cool and the ski town is cool.. Its a bit fabricated for me though. If you like disney you'll be right at home in vail.. Oh and hot tubbing with the older crowd typicaly in vail wasnt all that great either... Yes I did wear my flippers...

Comments