Nine Vail Road
9 Vail Road, Vail, Colorado, 81657, United States
More about Vail
The mountain is carved for pleasures
Map of the bus routes
Moguls in Beaver Creek - Feb 07
Travel Tips for Vail
Ski equipment: what gear do I need?
These things you will probably need to buy or borrow:
- Ski jacket: Must be waterproof!. You can use a thick jacket made specially for skiing, but I was fine with my all-climate Arc'teryx waterproof shell and sufficient warmth layers beneath: Thermal vest + light fleece + heavier jumper / fleece
- Waterproof ski pants. This pretty much have to be ski-specific pants
- Long socks. Important to get thick ones that are long enough (at least half way up your calf). My regular hiking socks were a but too short and my boots bit painfully into my leg.
- Long thermal underwear
- Beanie to prevent your ears from freezing off
- Neck warmer / balaclava to stop your neck from freezing off
- Thick, waterproof gloves
- Ski goggles Ski gear: You can (and should) hire when you're at the mountain:
- Skis / snowboard
- Skiing / snowboarding boots
There are more than 50 14,000...
There are more than 50 14,000 foot peaks in the state of Colorado (52 or 54 I think). Quite a few are a fun day hike adventure up to the heavens. Here's a photo of me atop Holy Cross Mountain. Oh my the views....I'm on top of the world!
Good times... and food... and gear
Pepi's is a long-time Vail native, comprising a German restaurant and bar- a nice place to hang out after skiing- and a ski rental/gear shop downstairs. All with the standard friendly service you find in Vail.
Vail is one of the best ski resorts in the States. The skiable terrain is the largest in North America and the town itself is beautiful with plenty to offer to skiers and non-skiers alike. Restaurants are superb and some hotels are excellent. Vail is also the closest in the US to a (superior) European/Alpine skiing experience.
The town is located 2 hours west of Denver and is accessible from the Denver airport, or its own airport (Eagle) about 40 minutes west of Vail.
Trips to Vail:
This page will show you what Vail looks like without being buried in snow. Most tourists see Vail in the winter when they come for some awesome skiing. Vail hosts international ski events every winter. In the summer months you can mountain bike, hike, shop in some very expensive stores, attend musical concerts, golf and photograph the scenery. If you like heights, there's always the gondola rides to the top of the ski runs (even in the summer). There is no driving allowed in the village. It's for pedestrians only. The cars have to be parked in the large lots near the entrance.
Vail is the part time home to ex-president Gerald Ford and his wife (Betty).
Bring plenty of $$$ with you. This town ain't cheap!!!
********For more photos of Vail....Click on my TRAVELOGUE********
View all Vail hotels
View all Vail hotels
Latest Vail hotel reviews
- Marriott's StreamSide Aspen at Vail
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2014
- Marriott's StreamSide Birch at Vail
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Sonnenalp Resort Of Vail
- 398 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2014
- Vail International Condominium
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 12, 2014
- The Lodge at Vail
- 411 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2014
- Vail Cascade Resort & Spa
- 700 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2014
- Westwind at Vail
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2014
- Sun Vail Condos
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 3, 2014
- VRI Streamside at Vail - Aspen
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2014
- The Lodge At Lionshead
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2014
- Marriott's StreamSide Douglas at Vail
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2014
- Vail Run Resort
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2014
Nine Vail Road
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- 9 Vail Road
- Nine Vail Road Hotel Vail
Address: 9 Vail Road, Vail, Colorado, 81657, United States