1020 Vail View Dr, Vail, Colorado, 81657, United States
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Vail

Sign telling of Saving Grace-butSign telling of Saving Grace-but

Corner section of the townCorner section of the town

Sweet Basil's BarSweet Basil's Bar

run called steep and deeprun called steep and deep

Sushi - Vail Village

by Andersonx4

Where can I go for sushi in Vail Village?

by bocmaxima

Try Yelp:

by travelgourmet

Don't laugh, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn and they have a sushi bar with a Thai restaurant that had some of the best sushi I have ever had. Not quite Vail Village but great for inside the same Hotel you can stay in. They do have a free shuttle into the Village during the winter.

by zuriga

Also try checking for Beaver Creek and Edwards down the road from Vail. There are some great restaurants in those towns, too.

Travel Tips for Vail

Cycling- Vail Pass

by John195123

Cycling is big in Vail, and for those who prefer road riding and don't mind hills, Vail Pass is an excellent ride. Start off in town and take Frontage Road or hit the golf course trail. Both will spit you out at the end of Vail, where you'll go under I-70 and begin to climb. The road dead-ends for cars, but for bikes and pedestrians, it continues up, up and up. You need to be in reasonable shape for this ride, and I'd recommend a bike with more than ten gears. You can turn around when the road ends, or continue on to Copper Mountain, Dillion and beyond on the trail that follows I-70.

Check your brakes before the descent!

Skiing- Blue Sky Basin, Earl's Bowl

by John195123

More soon!

Earl's Bowl has great tree skiing up near the top on a blue run called In The Wuides, or in the black of Champagne Glade. Those are two of my favorite runs in Vail. (If you cut to the left immediately (to the left of Skyline Express/Lift 37, or if you go to the left off Earl's Express/Lift 38) there are trees with good snow and a decent amount of distance between them.) The runs seem longer than they are, and I tend to tire toward the bottom, but that's because I hit the top pretty hard. Montane Glade, a black a bit further down under Skyline Express, is also a blue, much the same as In The Wuides, without many of the moguls and trees. Catch Earl's Express/Lift 38 up or follow the catwalk down to Kelly's Glade where you cross the bridge to Skyline or Tea Cup Express/Lift 36.

Skyline Express Lift/Lift 37- High Speed Quad, 1357 vertical, 4.43 minutes, closes at 3:00 pm.
Earl's Express Lift/Lift 38- High Speed Quad, 1581.99 vertical, 6 minutes, closes at 2:45 pm.
Tea Cup Express Lift/Lift 36- High Speed Quad, 1666 vertical, 6.1 minutes, closes at 3:30 pm.

Horseback Riding!

by GracesTrips

This was again, at the 4 Eagle Ranch where we had dinner and dancing. We arrived in the morning and had about 1 1/2 hour ride. We saddled up on horses that they felt would be approriate for our size and riding experience. It was HOT! Definitely, put on some sunscreen and if you have a hat - put in on! It's dusty! Expect to want a shower after you do this. The horses seem well trained and they really try to keep you at a "walking" pace in a single file line. This part of riding is a bit boring but I still enjoy any opporunity to go horseback riding.

Skier's Paradise, that is VAIL!

by Gypsystravels

"Consistenly voted the #1 ski resort in the US"

Vail is a skier and winter sports paradise. With its beautiful packed powder, crisp weather and great dining, there is something here for everyone.

I've been lucky to say the least. My best friend puts together two company sponsored outings every year for her department and Vail is one of the locatons where these outings occur.

As one of her perks she is allowed to participate in the all expenses paid outings, and this time invited me to come along to Vail.

I've always wanted to visit Vail, and who would pass up this opportunity??? Not me! So, I packed my bags, my ski gear and off I went to this winter wonderland.

Okay, I was a bit hesitant as I hadn't been on the slopes for over three years, but hey, "it's like riding a bike, right?"

Anyway, what are ski instructors for, if not to assist you down the slopes?

Comments