1300 Westhaven Dr., Vail, Colorado, 81657, United States

Booking.com VailCascade.com BookIt.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• MM212's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel with its own ski lift

Located in Cascade Village, the westernmost neighbourhood of Vail, this luxury hotel complex is self sufficient; it has a couple of restaurants, a fantastic spa, its very own ski & rental shop and a ski lift adjacent to the hotel. For skiers, Vail Cascade Resort is an extremely convenient choice. The only disadvantage is its location away from the centre of town for dinner & après-ski, but the hotel provides frequent free shuttle buses to Vail Village, which is only about 7 minutes away. The hotel is expensive but because of its location away from the heart of Vail, it is in fact much cheaper and a better deal than similar hotels right in the centre. I've stayed here in February 2008 and again in March 2010.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Luxury Mountain Lodging

As I mentioned in the introduction, I was here at the resort for work. Not bad for a Four-Diamond resort.

The lobby is very cosy, with lots of fireplaces, and comfortable leather chairs. It has the feel of an apres-ski lodge.

The rooms are nice but fairly basic. Each did have a wonderful view of the mountains.

Unique Quality: The spa is one of the best I have ever been to. The santuary is so relaxing. We spent a few hours just hanging out and reading before and after our treatments. I had the champagne sugar scrub. I highly recommend it.

One of the thrills of my spa visit was bumping into Ryan (as in Trista and Ryan from the Bachlorette). Ryan works out in the gym there.

More about Vail Cascade Resort & Spa

Nice but not without flaws

by steini23 about Vail Cascade Resort & Spa

Expensive accomodation but its location is hard to beat, only 50 meters from our room to the chairlift. Ski rental on the premises, quite helpful staff, some of them though not very knowledgable. Our room was spacious and nice with a small balcony facing the mountain and small creek. A big disappointment though were the pool facilities with a hot tub facing the mountain but no changing room (patrons are kindly asked to use the restrooms which is unacceptable) and unreliable bar service out there. A bigger pool was available in relation to the gym but quite a long walk from the gym's locker rooms, much of an hassle really. The hotel has a great restaurant, Chap's Grill & Chophouse which is recommended. The bar is nice and cozy but a bit small. All in all a nice stay at this resort but a little too expensive for its own good. The resort is located a bit away from Vail´s center but offers complimentary shuttle service which was very reliable and swift.

Great service, attention to detail and location!

by TripAdvisor Member cgigl

Stayed here for two nights over Easter weekend. Had a problem with my room and the manager came personally to assess the problem. They quickly moved us and we were delighted with the new accomodations. When we had a problem with our tv, the repairman arrived almost before I hung up the phone. With it's location stream and mountain side combined with the exceptional management and personnel, the Vail Cascade is the right choice!

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Bigmac40

Just came back from a quick stay at the cascade. What a gem in the Vail area. The rooms were great as was the staff. I went down one night to ask the bellman were I could buy motrin for my 4 year old daughter. He quickly lodaed me in the hotel van and personaly drove me to the pharmacy. Thank you again to the Vail Cascade.

Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member Isky

This is a beautiful hotel with lovely grounds, but we went in late July and the hot guests rooms were unbearable. Their was no air conditioning in the rooms and the hotel provided two fans to help with the heat. The meeting rooms and spa had central air though, and were very chilly at times. The food here was excellent, but the coffee was awful. There is a Starbucks in Vail Village and I was there every morning! The Vail Cascade hotel provides a free shuttle service to the restaurant and shopping area of Vail Village and the short trip is well worth it. This hotel has a movie theatre! Two cinemas with evening showtimes. The spa service was incredible. I had a 50 minute massage and would go again. I was very disappointed to find no hair salon on site. The huge workout area was especially nice. The landscape was great and the hotel's walking trail, parallel to a large stream was relaxing. There were three elevators in this hotel, but the four days I was there, only one was working..but the wait was never long. The bed was extremly comfortable. The rooms were a little small, but I would definitely suggest this hotel to those planning a visit to Vail.

Beautiful Surroundings

by TripAdvisor Member albrauner

This was our first time to Vail and to the Vail Cascade Resort. Overall, I would say the resort is above average, but there were a few occasions where the staff didn't seem up to par.

We stayed in a suite, since we were traveling with our two boys, and it was a reasonable size. It was nice having the refrigerator in the room, and we did go to Safeway to stock up on snacks. We ordered room service once, and they were very accommodating and prompt, however they forgot to bring syrup for the pancakes. Another time the boys ordered chips and salsa for lunch, and the waiter brought potato chips and salsa. They also forgot to bring our silverware. Some of the staff didn't speak very good English, which could account for some of the confusion.

We ate at Chaps for dinner once and the food was average. They were running a special where kids eat free with paid adult entrees, but again, they forgot and charged us for the boys food. When we brought it to the waiters attention, they fixed it right away.

The beds were extremely comfortable and there was a lot of dresser space. I would note that the suite has one bathroom, and it's in the bedroom. If there are four people staying in this room, they'll have to come in and out of the bedroom to use the bathroom. We had a mountain view room, which was fantastic, and we did have a small balcony off the bedroom. We left the door propped open at night so we could hear the sound of the creek and get that great mountain air. I haven't slept that good in a long time!

There is a lot of construction in Lionshead, about a mile down the road, but nothing close to the resort. I was surprised that it wasn't too noisy. Vail village, the larger of the two, didn't seem to have much construction.

My husband and I used the fitness facility every day, which was awesome. They have everything you could want, including headphones for music or TV. I didn't have the chance to enjoy the spa ... maybe next time.

Nice hotel away from the crowds

by TripAdvisor Member eep2309

We stayed at the Vail Cascade in March this year for a week long skiing trip. At first glimpse the hotel doesn’t look very impressive as it is grey concrete and looks like a motel. Once inside though the 5 star status becomes very apparent. There is a nice reception area with a big log fire plus a bar, both of which are decorated in an old fashioned ski lodge style – lots of wood and dark colours. The rooms were average size and felt a little worn and dated (the wardrobe was quite old and the bathroom wasn’t very plush) but they were still nice. There was a balcony overlooking the courtyard (noise wasn’t a problem as some people have mentioned). We asked for a king bed but our room had two queens. The first person we spoke to on reception wasn’t very helpful and told us they had nothing available but to keep checking. The lady we spoke to the next day was much more helpful and told us a room would be available the next night and she would put us down for that. The new room was much nicer – on the top floor with views of the mountain behind. No balcony but this wasn’t a problem.

We had breakfast in the restaurant every day and it was very good – lots of choice of hot and cold items. We had dinner in the hotel once and it was lovely although pretty expensive. We got engaged that day (at a lookout point at the top of the mountain – the best location I could ever have imagined!) though so felt it was worth the expense!

The hotel is in the Cascade part of Vail – which is essentially just the hotel. There is a lift going up the mountain from the hotel though so access isn’t a problem. You can ski back too but as we were there quite late in the season it was very slushy so we didn’t use it more than once. The hotel has a shuttle bus every 15 mins or so running to Vail Village, Lionshead and Golden Peak and this runs all day and late into the evening so it’s easy to get to the other lifts, and to shops and restaurants. It was nice to be away from the crowds and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Very good Value/under-rated

I was pleasantly surprised by this resort.

I travel significantly for work and pleasure and am used to a Shangri-La/Hyatt/Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons hotel.

This hotel is extremely well run, focused on the customer and is a good value in my opinion.

It was a true ski in/ski out where we took the lift right outside our room after checking our items at the ski concierge

Breakfast was good, drinks at the fireside bar was nice with good local bands

Very kid friendly

Spa was very good, but was a long walk from the room (tough with those sour mussels after skiing)

There is also a movie theatre in the hotel with first run movies and a basketball court (if you have enough energy to play basketball after skiing you are in better shape them me!)

Stay at the 18X rooms so you will be close to the ski in and ski out.

There is a complementary shuttle bus that runs basically every 10 minutes into Vail Village at night

Great place for a ski vacation

Stayed here for a four-day ski trip with my wife, in Feb 2006. We were very impressed by the hotel overall - rooms, service and location were all very good. We burned a bunch of air-miles to pay for the stay, as we could never normally afford the $200-300 rack rate, but I have stayed at a lot of good hotels on business and this compares very well - on a level with Omnis, Westins etc.

Our room was a good size, and nicely decorated. Everything was clean and in good working order. As others have said, try and get a room near the ski-concierge end of the hotel to save the walk, but it's not really too far. We paid extra for a Mountain View (as opposed to the courtyard) but don't expect wonderful mountain views from every room - hotel is in a steep valley and some rooms (like ours) face the condos and the non-skiiing side of the valley, so not such a great view.

For skiing convenience, it is awesome. They have a ski concierge who takes your skis and boots at the end of each day. In the morning you pick up dry warm boots and walk the 10 yards to the hotel's chair. You're located at the Western end of Vail, so you can ski Simba etc when they are freshly groomed in the morning, before many people get to them. The only slight drawback is that you are at least 3 lift-rides away from the back bowls, so you might be at a slight disadvantage on a powder morning. But that's a trade-off I would take for the complete convenience and lack of lift-lines.

Service was also very good. Everyone we met on the staff was very helpful, often going above and beyond. One example - we arrived very late at night, so I asked them to valet-park the car and said I would move it to the self-parking in the morning. When I came down the next morning, the bell-hop had already done it for me, and with no charge for valet-parking. Shuttle runs to Vail center as advertised - sometimes a 10-minute wait, but never more than that.

As everybody knows, the rest of Vail is definitely expensive, but you can't blame the hotel for that.

Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel and would definitely return.

Comments