Route 89, Ashford, Connecticut, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Travel Tips for Ashford

Ashford is...

by bosoxfan75

...the definition of "off the beaten path". The only attraction in town is the Ashford Oak, which I never saw in the 2-1/2 years I lived there. It warranted a sign on the road, so it must be something worth seeing, right?

Note: Nothing against Ashford - it was a very pleasent, quiet town to live in!

CT's Quiet Corner - Ashford

by bosoxfan75

"The Ashford Living Experience"

I owned & lived in a house in Ashford from 2002 to 2005. Compared to other areas of the State of CT and adjacent towns in MA, you get a good amount of property for your money. Once you get off of the main routes that pass through the town it is extremely quiet. One of the things I miss the most (since moving to Bristol) is the night sky on a clear day - no light pollution. I would say there are more churches than anything else.

The only real con was that you were located near pretty much NOTHING. The nearest real grocery store is 1/2 hour away. The nearest decent shopping area is 40 minutes away. Only reason I left was a job change putting me over an hour away. I expect Ashford to gain popularity as housing prices closer to Hartford (and maybe even Boston & Providence) keep rising.

Comments