East Haven Hotels

• DEBBBEDB profile photo DEBBBEDB
  • Reviews: 515

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality Inn: Shuttle Available

A group of us stayed in this hotel to attend the wedding of Deb's daughter. This was not without problems. Barb's toilet wouldn't work and they said they couldn't fix it until maintenance came in the next morning.

The hotel was right next to I-95 and on the front side, there was a lot of traffic noise. Also our brother was on the backside, and had noise from drunken revelers of other groups who were staying here and came back to the hotel at 3 am and were banging on his A/C.

We had counted on lying around by the pool, but it rained torrents. That wasn't the hotels fault, but the toilet not working definitely was.

They did have a nice breakfast, and the cousins had a good get-together. We also got a group rate for the two days (Friday and Saturday) which was $88.95 plus tax.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 15, 2008
Tip Photo

Quality Inn from Chili's

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6578

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality Inn: For Antony's Ocean View

My granddaughter made a block reservation for her wedding guests because this is the closest place to stay for an event at Anthony's where she was married, and they had a shuttle from the hotel to Anthony's and back so that you could drink at the wedding without driving afterwards. So most of the wedding party stayed here. My son and I both made our reservations on-line.

WARNING: They refused to give us the block reservation rate if we made the reservations on line, even though I called and asked about it. I was sent an email that said I had the AARP rate for Saturday and Sunday, and then they refused to honor that, and they gave me an argument about the block rate for Friday too.

Rooms on the front side of the hotel were quite noisy because I-95 was just on the other side of the pool. Even if there wasn't a lot of traffic there were still sirens and trucks. Even on the backside of the hotel, there was noise from people coming in from parties and yelling and cavorting around in the parking lots at 4 am - banging on air conditioners etc.

I went to their website beforehand and it said

"Affordable New Haven Lodging. Our accommodations abound with a wealth of creature comforts like cable TV with premium channels, available microwaves and refrigerators and complimentary high-speed Internet access"

So I was encouraged. They DID have the internet access. However the 'available microwaves and refrigerators' were at extra cost. They charged my son $15.00 extra for a rollaway.

Their breakfast was pretty good (no cranberry juice), although there were only about four tables for people to sit and eat. It looked like they had a nice pool, but when we could have gone swimming it rained torrents so we didn't get a chance to check it out. There were two restaurants within walking distance - Chili's and Friendlys.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average