Hampton Inn Groton

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Nice reasonably priced stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 12, 2009

When it comes to choosing hotels for our road trips we typically choose them by price and location. Hilton's tend to have the largest selection in the cities I visit, so normally I am inclined to stay at one of the Hilton's many hotels.

Ferni and I arrived late afternoon during one of our roadtrips and we were greeted with a nice warm welcome and "Welcome" back. They hotel was recently renovated with a really nice front desk and a large dining area where you can have your breakfast.

Our room, a king suite was suited in the 4th floor away from the elevators, just as we like it. The room was spacious enough for our needs. The room had a nice couch and table, comfy king bed, a microwave and fridge, flat screen tv and a decent size bathroom.

I particually didn't care for the coffee maker being in the bathroom, as I find that quite unsanitary, but the overall room quality was nice. The room did smell like someone had smoked in it even though it was a none smoking room, but after setting the air conditioner and a scented candle (which I carry a travel size in my bag all the time) the smell quickly evaporated.

There is a pool which we didn't use and weight room which is limited to a treadmill, cycle and rower.

Breakfast is served from 6-10 am with a pretty large variety of breakfast items like omeletes, sausage, potatos, oatmeal, cereals, a waffle maker to make yummy waffles, assorted juices and coffee and tea.

Unique Quality: Our room was a nice size king suite with a comfy bed, flat screen tv, couch, microwave and fridge. The bathroom was a good size as well. We would definitely stay here again.

Nearby Hampton Inn Groton

Hampton Inn Groton

• Groton Hampton Inn
  • Hampton Inn - Groton Hotel Groton

Address: 300 Long Hill Road - Us Rt 1, Groton, Connecticut, 06340, United States

5 Photos of Hampton Inn Groton

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

Groton Travel Forum

Need advice about Groton, Connecticut? Visit the Travel Forum for Groton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Groton hotel reviews