300 Long Hill Road - Us Rt 1, Groton, Connecticut, 06340, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Nice reasonably priced stay

When it comes to choosing hotels for our road trips we typically choose them by price and location. Hilton's tend to have the largest selection in the cities I visit, so normally I am inclined to stay at one of the Hilton's many hotels.

Ferni and I arrived late afternoon during one of our roadtrips and we were greeted with a nice warm welcome and "Welcome" back. They hotel was recently renovated with a really nice front desk and a large dining area where you can have your breakfast.

Our room, a king suite was suited in the 4th floor away from the elevators, just as we like it. The room was spacious enough for our needs. The room had a nice couch and table, comfy king bed, a microwave and fridge, flat screen tv and a decent size bathroom.

I particually didn't care for the coffee maker being in the bathroom, as I find that quite unsanitary, but the overall room quality was nice. The room did smell like someone had smoked in it even though it was a none smoking room, but after setting the air conditioner and a scented candle (which I carry a travel size in my bag all the time) the smell quickly evaporated.

There is a pool which we didn't use and weight room which is limited to a treadmill, cycle and rower.

Breakfast is served from 6-10 am with a pretty large variety of breakfast items like omeletes, sausage, potatos, oatmeal, cereals, a waffle maker to make yummy waffles, assorted juices and coffee and tea.

Unique Quality: Our room was a nice size king suite with a comfy bed, flat screen tv, couch, microwave and fridge. The bathroom was a good size as well. We would definitely stay here again.

Comments