3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 90% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Marriott Mystic Hotel And Spa

Best Hotel In Area

by TripAdvisor Member mscja

The Marriott Mystic Hotel and Spa is a great hotel. I stay at this hotel frequently throughout the year. The hotel is located near Mohegan Sun Casino and Foxwoods Casino(between 7 - 13 miles). The hotel rooms are very clean, the bathrooms are very clean, the pool area is nice, overall this is a great place to stay. The spa is great if you have the time to enjoy the day at the hotel. If you are in the area, stay at this hotel.

What a wonderful hotel!

We stayed at the Mystic Marriott for a long weekend. I read the good reviews and chose this hotel over others I was debating. The staff is incredible at this hotel - from changing our rooms into a huge, beautiful room, to bringing everything we asked for in literally 2 minutes - to recommending restaurants, shopping and being absolutely wonderful with our children. We aere so pleased - and we stayed at many luxury hotels in the past. The hotel is very clean, quiet and serene. The Red Door Spa is exquisit. Breakfast was also great at The Octagon - and the waiters brought us some "extras" we had asked for - that were not included int he buffet. We had a very good time and I am glad I read the reviews. The hotel is really a pampering one and with such great staff I would definitely go there again.

One of the finest places we've stayed!

We spent a weekend here to celebrate our 25th anniversary, and couldn't be more pleased with the surroundings and the service!

When we checked in, we requested an upgrade, and the very pleasant and efficient reception staff bumped us up to the concierge floor. Although the concierge lounge wasn't open on the weekend, our room was beautiful, with a view of the nearby river. There were additional amenities in the room, including terry robes, and nightly chocolates with the turndown service.

When the staff learned we were there for our anniversary, they sent up a bottle of very nice champagne, along with a cheese and fruit platter and comps for breakfast for two days and a congratulatory - and handwritten! -card.

The room was excellent: a king bed with pillowtop mattress and very nice linens, a sofa and coffeetable, a desk and work chair, and an armoire with a large TV, game gizmo and coffeemaker. (The cable had a large number of stations - including NESN!) The closet has extra pillows, an ironing board and iron, and two suitcase racks.

The bathroom was well-appointed and included brand-name toiletries, hairdryer, variable showerhead and plenty of fluffy towels and washcloths.

We spent time at the pool, which has lanes for serious swimming as well as another area for just splashing around. There's also a roomy whirlpool and a fitness room with plenty of weights, steppers, stationery bikes and treadmills. There are TVs in the fitness room to make your workout go by quickly, too.

The All American Breakfast Buffet in the Octagon restaurant offers plenty of variety, and some of the items change from day to day. There was also an omelet station that was quite popular. The food well-prepared both days and our waiters kept our juice glasses and coffee cups filled (and our used plates whisked away!). The Octagon is an attractive restaurant, and the waitstaff is friendly and accomodating.

A few more features worth mentioning: there's a Starbuck's in the lobby that opens at 6am and stays open 'til 9 pm; the desk staff will MapQuest directions; there's a small bar and cafe off the lobby; the lobby is conducive to newspaper reading and there are some tables just off the lobby that would be great for afternoon coffee and, perhaps, a hand of cards or two.

In fact, every staff member that we encountered greeted us warmly and made every effort to make our stay a pleasant one. (Late on Saturday night, we shared an elevator ride with a young man from the maintenance staff who asked how we were enjoying our stay.)

Although we didn't make use of the spa this visit, I had been to the spa (Elizabeth Arden Red Door) about a year ago, and it, too, was quite wonderful.

In addition to the lovely surroundings and hospitable staff, the housekeeping is first-rate. Everything we saw and every place we went was spotless!

We are definitely going back!

Best in Class

We stayed only one night for a friend's wedding, but wish we could have stayed longer. The room is brand spanking new, well furnished, and spotless. The bathroom was beautiful, with jacuzzi tub for 2 and separate glass shower, granite counterop, Kohler fixtures, beautiful lighting, and well-designed cabinetry.

The bed was marvelously comfortable.

The spa is excellent, rivaling ones in New York and Chicago.

Staff is as friendly as large hotel staff can be.

One must stay here if in the Mystic area.

Very Nice Hotel

This was a very nice hotel. I would agree with most reviewers. I would say that the Red Door spa was very poor in its service. I arranged for some spa time for my wife and they were very unprofessional with her spa time. I would day the spa service was fine, but the service itself sucked.The hotel is very nice, great pool area. The rooms are not anything to write home about. That is not to say they are not nice and clean, but they are not exciting Renaissance or Westing rooms. They are still modern, but a bit to Marriottesque for my taste. The food is good, but not open late enough.Great place to stay, book on priceline it is much cheaper for this place.

Not great for business travelers

by TripAdvisor Member kibwolf

I stayed at the Marriott in Mystic while on travel for work. The hotel room was average. They charge $9.95/day for wireless internet access. What they do not tell you (or they are not aware of) is that the signal is not available throughout the hotel. I was in room 410, the wireless signal was very low and I would get dumped from the connection periodically. The wireless was a rip-off and the room was average. I would recommend the Hilton Mystic for business travelers.

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member catriotinct

This hotel was fantasic. The location is great, but a little far removed from the attractions in the area. Also, the women at the salon/spa were quite rude and did not offer to assist me even though I was standing right there waiting to make an appointment. (I never did, so their loss...)

However, our room was so great, and the whole experience was fabulous. We had a great time.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Familytraveler2

Our family of 4 stay enjoyed our stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The decor is beautiful. Very peaceful and relaxing. The beds are comfortable. It is clearly one of the best hotels in South Eastern Connecticut!

Wonderful hotel -- But would not return to spa

by TripAdvisor Member schmelke1

The Mariott hotel was just wonderful -- great room, lovely staff, even a starbucks! I'd highly recommend it -- even if it is a little farther from Mystic than some of the other hotels -- it is well worth the detour -- just a beautiful hotel.

I wish I had read the reviews before I booked services at the Red Door Spa, though -- their front desk staff seemed somewhat snobby and in fact, I wasn't the only one in the locker room who seemed a bit put off by them. The spa services were fine, but the experience was certainly lessened by the snobs in the front. I would not return there.

Thank you Trip Advisor! You were right!

by TripAdvisor Member SuzanneNJ

What a great place to stay for the weekend. We traveled with two other couples and wanted to stay somewhere near Foxwoods. We almost stayed somewhere else closer to Foxwoods and I'm SO glad we picked the Marriott. They had this email service where I got a personal email from "Jennifer" in the hotel. She emailed me asking if I wanted extra towels, pillows, etc. I told her it was my husband's birthday and she upgraded me to a really nice room.

I was even treated to the delicious buffet breakfast for FREE upon check in. Definitely worth the $159 per night!

Marriott - you did a great job. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a really nice place to stay in the Groton/Mystic/Foxwoods area.

I'll definitely stay there again.

Avery Point LighthouseAvery Point Lighthouse

Penny Kaplan's Mythic MysteryPenny Kaplan's Mythic Mystery

Sailboat and ferrySailboat and ferry

Comments