Hartford Hotels

Our Members Say

• german_eagle profile photo german_eagle
  • Reviews: 2298

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Private Accommodation

Our friends had invited us to stay with them. A truly unique opportunity which we gratefully accepted. We stayed 4 nights, then did our road trip through New England and then stayed the last night before the flight back home with them again.

If you get such an invitation then jump on it. It gives you the best insight on every day life in New England/the U.S. in general. Their house is a typical New England clipboard house, large for German standards in a typical small town neighbourhood. Everything is a bit larger there than in German houses, this goes for the kitchen, the living room and so on.

Quite unusual for us was the fact that there were practically no sidewalks, everyone drove and no one walked around. The next shopping (grocery) options were quite a distance away, also a bit unusual for us Europeans.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 17, 2009

our friends' house

• BillNJ profile photo BillNJ
  • Reviews: 427

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester: Nice Suburban Hotel In Shopping Mall Complex

This hotel is not actually in Hartford. Instead, it is in the suburb of Manchester which is about a 10 minute drive east from downtown Hartford. While Fairfield Inn is on the low end of the Marriott chain, I was very satisfied with this hotel. My room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and there is a desk in the room if you have work to do. Also, the reception staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If you are seeking a nice, reasonably priced hotel in the Hartford area, the Fairfield Inn in Manchester is a great choice.

Breakfast is included with your stay -- which is good by North American standards. In the breakfast room, there is a computer where guests can access the internet at no extra charge. Also, the hotel has a small indoor pool and a whirlpool that are clean and well-maintained.

Breakfast (included with stay at no extra charge)

Free internet

Indoor Pool and whirlpool

Within the Buckland Hills Shopping Complex

• Written September 28, 2008

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5415

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Garden Inn - Hartford North - BDL: Bradley Airport Hotel

I just stayed at the HGI in Windsor Locks CT at Bradley Airport. Overall great stay.

Check in was great. I arrived about 2pm and they had my room ready. A nice king with the new sleep number bed all the way on the end. She made it a point to repeat that it matched my request "away from vending and elevators" which I great appreciated.

I was pretty sure I needed a double this night but went upstairs to take pics and such and wait to confirm with my travel partner our needs. The room had a small couch and a large working desk. Free wireless internet is now in everyroom and worked quite well the entire time. The king bed and a small kitchette area with a microwave, cups and glasses and coffee machine.

I only used the desk until I knew what I needed. As it ended up I had to switch and was kindly given a double across the hall and two doors down. This was a balcony room. Sure it was too cold to use it but was a nice touch and had a good view of Hartford miles away.

In the morning we came down to print boarding passes and check out. Then it became fun and where the hotel shined even more. My car wouldnt start because of the cold. When I came back in to tell my travel partner about it I checked with the front desk and they told me it was no problem to leave my car in the lot for the next night. The shuttle would not run until 7 though. Nearly 45 minutes away and only 45 minutes before departure with a 15 minute drive.

We sat to eat breakfast when they opened at 630. It was good but basic. A hot bar with eggs, bacon, etc and omlettes to order. Cold bar was mostly fruits. Three to four kinds of juice and coffee and tea. I am sure I could have asked for the second coupon but did not as they were so kind about keeping my car the extra night. So we paid the $10.55 all in for one breakfast and took the shuttle.

The next day they were just as good when i called for the shuttle ride back. Very polite and professional and I must say some of the best service I've had from Hilton props in the States.

• Written January 30, 2007

• Ace43 profile photo Ace43
  • Reviews: 49

Flamingo Inn: Flamingo Inn just over the line into Windsor

It's right at the northern border of Hartford, just into Windsor. This is a couple of miles from downtown. The north end of Hartford is an area where you want to be extremely careful. Let's see--choosing my words carefully so I can't be sued for slander or libel or whatever it is when the words are in writing--in the 9 years I've been driving a cab in the area I am not aware of them ever having done a renovation and the only people I've taken there live either there or in the general neighborhood. I have not seen the inside of the rooms, and have rarely even seen the motel in the daylight, but based on the kinds of people I have taken there, I would not stay there and don't recommend it. But I may be judging it unfairly, because there are a lot of rooms and there are always cars parked there when I bring people there indicating they may be getting some travellers off the highway, too (I've never looked at the license plates on the cars--I'll have to do that the next time I'm there). Maybe they put the travellers in a different section than the locals.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 14, 2006

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2031

Tolland Inn: Lovely Country Inn

Located in the small town of Tolland, about 20 miles east of Hartford, the Tolland Inn (then the Steele House) began welcoming guests in January of 1914. The current owners bought the historic inn in 1985 and, after two years of restoration, the Tolland Inn was ready to welcome guests once again.

The rooms of the Tolland Inn are cosy and nicely decorated (each with a private bathroom), and the owners will make sure to help you feel at home. Breakfast is great and so is the location of the inn - peaceful countryside, not too far from the city.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 30, 2004

Breakfast room at Tolland Inn

• bmxdad profile photo bmxdad
  • Reviews: 31

Clarion Suites: A Great Place to Stay

I had a Deluxe suite and it was the kind of room you could have friends over for dinner in the room. Lots of space and everything needed for a short or long stay.

Yes a pool and Good Breakfast selection.
Close to shopping center and places to eat you could walk.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Seniors
  • Written May 31, 2004

Pool Area and Rooms

• SeaBreezeUSA profile photo SeaBreezeUSA
  • Reviews: 261
Doubletree Hotel: A Hotel Fit for A King

We had a king-size bed and a very spacious room. It was quite comfortable and a welcome relief from a day exploring Hartford in the cold and wind.

The indoor pool looked so inviting. The hotel restaurant was very nice and the breakfast buffet was excellent. I especially liked the quality of the hotel, the furnishings and atmosphere.

• Written December 30, 2002