Sheraton Hartford Hotel

Holiday Inn Hartford East
IHG Booking.com Travelocity

• Ace43's Profile Photo

This "Sheraton Hartford" actually in EAST Hartford

Unique Quality: Within walking distance of any of the businesses in Founder's Plaza, East Hartford. Also within walking distance of the access to the nice, new walkway across the Founder's Bridge--well lit, nice view down river. A little longer walk if you keep going all the way across the bridge to the under-construction Adrian's Landing project, Constitution Plaza, and downtown by the Old State House, Traveler's Insurance tower, the Gold Building, the Wadsworth Atheneum.

Directions: Just across the river in East Hartford, first exit off the Bulkeley Bridge on I-84 East (coming from Hartford).

More about Sheraton Hartford Hotel

Depressing hotel in need of an update

by TripAdvisor Member fdipace

I stayed one night in January while in town for business. The hotel was obviously built in the 60's and has not had a renovation since. Most of the other reviews are correct. As a Platinum Starwood member who is building his nights/points this is a hotel you do not want to spend more than 1 or 2 nights. They do have the sweet sleeper bed but everything else is in need of an update. There is nothing around the hotel but businesses. My room was average size but depressing. I did find the staff extremely helpful and happy. The pool and fitness room are also depressing. There are better choices in Hartford especially when hotels like the Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn and Homewood Suites have more to offer like updated rooms, free internet, free meals and numerous TV channels all for less money. I resent having to pay $10/day for internet when it is free at most of the above hotels.

Good Option, Nice service

by TripAdvisor Member hwt.

This hotel is a little outdated as stated in the reviews below. There were several positives to note though.

The bed was great and the room was very clean. The front desk staff was very helpful and they do run a free shuttle throughout the day and evening. This is a must because downtown is not reachable by foot. The shuttle drivers were very nice and timely.

Another plus was the 24 hour business center. Free high speed and printing. Not a bad option.

I found this hotel for $50 on Hotwire. Well worth that. Much better option than the $139 charged by the Hartford Hilton. Not awesome, but very functional.

Had some problems, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member corar

This hotel definitely had some problems. When we checked in, the toilet was dirty- really grossly dirty. We had booked a room on the club floor only to arrive and discover that the club lounge was closed, even though our room rate specifically came with "evening snacks and drinks."

The upside- the bed was comfy as always, and the staff was helpful and immideatly came to our assistance with the bathroom issue. The hotel was well located for easy in and out. I got a great rate so i am not that upset about the whole thing, but it did not meet my expectations for a starwood property.

Needs Work

by TripAdvisor Member Emilyspinach

This seems to be a good hotel if you are in town for business, otherwise stay downtown. There is no place to walk after hours and it was a long drive just to get ice cream at Friendly's. We were placed in a Starwood Preferred Guest room. It was nice but had a noisy air conditioner and an annoying drip outside the window from the window above. We were moved to a non-Starwood room which was essentially the same except that there was no free mouthwash in the bathroom and it was missing a closet door. The only other minor complaint was that we couldn't get a plastic laundry bag from anybody in the hotel. I probably would not stay here again.

billing messed up

by TripAdvisor Member alawler850

We prepaid throught Hotwire and one month later , this hotel billed my credit card ( that was on file for incidentals) for the rooms again . It took several calls on my cell (using airtime) to straighten it out. First, they couldn't explain it, then the business manager said that they billed me instead of HOTWIRE! It took several days to get reposted to my checking account ( I learned a lesson concerning leaving a debit/visa card on file at the desk) Then it wasn't even the correct amount. SO, another call! Finally got it straightened out. It cost me money for the calls and aggravation. They never even sent a coupon toward another night's lodging. The rooms were fine, a little old, but comfortable, especially the beds. Also, the manager said that they keep credit card numbers FOREVER, after yove stayed there, leaving me a bit suspicious about who has accesss to them!!

Wonderful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member UMgirl

The room and bathroom were nice. The bed was super comfortable. The location was wonderful, you could walk over a bridge and be in downtown Hartford. I had an issue/problem when I was there (unrelated to my stay) and the manager and front desk staff were very pleasant and did everything they could to help. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

A very nice stay!

by TripAdvisor Member dcaiani

We recently stayed with a couple of other families and we all had a very good stay. The staff were all very nice and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were very, very comfortable. The pool and pool area were nice. There was ample free parking. 4 stars!

While it is not within walking distance of any eating estblishments, you do save a few $$ by staying just outside the city.

Recommendation: Ask for directions to LIttle Italy. The food is fantastic in both restaurants that we went to.

Disappointed with the service

by TripAdvisor Member cdrlaw

After staying at the Sheraton in East Hartford for a wedding, I have to say that I was unimpressed with the level of service and with the condition of the room. The man who checked us in was borderline rude and when we rang him 30 minutes later to ask him to call a cab, he refused and said that he was "too busy" (not making this up). When we walked downstairs not less than five minutes later, he was sitting at the desk chatting with another staff member. I understand that the Sheraton is not the Ritz, but give me a break! What was so surprising is that my fiance and I were at all times exceedingly polite, so the staff member's attitude towards us was entirely unfounded. The heat also did not work in the room, and the lighting was quite poor (probably in an attempt to mask the worn condition of the room). Also, the hotel really is not convenient to downtown Hartford. If I ever have to return to Hartford, I will make a point not to stay at the Sheraton.

Desperately needs renovation

by TripAdvisor Member AndrewUSA

Service was mediocre, and that was the best part of this hotel. Room was dingy and far below average for a full-service hotel. Lighting in room was poor. Remote control consistently disappeared after maid service cleaned the room only to be discovered buried somewhere in the bedding. Executive lounge is equally dingy and uninviting. Not within walking or short driving distance to any food or shopping options. Strongest positive is the standard Sheraton restaurant which offers relatively good quality and values.

Comments