46 Main Street, Ivoryton, CT, 06442

Travelocity Tingo.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast Done Right...

I stayed at the Copper Beech Inn because it's featured in 1000 Things to See Before You Die. I enjoyed my stay here, and I stayed much of the time I had my room. I got here close to check-in and because there wasn't a whole lot in the area I hadn't done I ended up watching tv, blogging and napping most of my afternoon away.

I made reservations at the restaurant here, Brasserie Pip, and enjoyed it as well, as you can read in the restaurants section.

I stayed on a weekday at the end of June so there were specials online. They were offering a suite for the price of a regular room. However, the special was supposed to be the price times 2 for double occupancy. So the $130 A PERSON didn't apply to me since I was by myself. They charged $260. I told the staff that I was alone and I was not willing to pay double and that I'd gladly accept a different room. But I guess because they weren't booked for many other rooms, they let me stay in the suite for the price of a regular room. It hit my credit card as the big price, but through a talk with the management and a phone call I received my money back on the card. The problem was, this was day TWO of having problems with bed and breakfasts overcharging my card. So it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I stayed in the Garden Suite. The extra sitting room with the sofa and tv was great for my afternoon. There was no table to put my laptop on but I set it on the arm of the sofa. The bed was spacious and comfy. The bathroom was huge and I enjoyed the stand-up shower, without trying the classic bathtub option. I really appreciated the water and ice waiting in the room for me. It was a nice touch to show the class of the Copper Beech Inn.

They also had rooms featured in their old horse stables. I took a (horrible) picture of the blue building to see but I have no clue what the rooms were like. In the main house it was quiet and very peaceful.

Unique Quality: The bathroom was gigantic. The garden was a nice touch. Very quiet and peaceful.

More about The Copper Beech Inn

Copper Beech Inn Extra Pics

by msbrandysue

"Living Area"

I stayed in the Garden Suite and enjoyed an extra room with a tv, sofa and lounging chair. Plenty of good cable channels.

"Nice Set Up"

Inside the actual bedroom there was this set-up with water and ice and a mirror. Pretty sure the Inn is very well designed.

"Water"

This was the set-up on the dresser. There was ice already in the bucket. The MP3 player/radio was in working order, although some stupid alarm was set and woke me up from my nap! And the free water was a nice treat.

"The Stables"

This is a very horrible picture of the huge horse stable that houses many of the beautiful rooms that you can see on the website. Didn't stay here but thought it might be nice to see it if you plan on staying here.

Lil Connecticut Town, Big Time Bed and Breakfast

by msbrandysue

"Why Did I Come?"

I came to Ivoryton to stay at the Copper Beech Inn. It's featured in 1000 Things to See Before You Die: USA Edition.

"My Favorite Part"

There wasn't too much to do in the area so I actually spent a lot of the afternoon and entire evening in my room/suite. I had cable, internet, sofa and comfy chair to spread out in. It was really nice to have a relaxing day after the Essex Steam Train ride.

"Surprise Attraction"

On my blog I wrote that I did NOT like eating at the Brasserie Pip. It's a very upscale, French restaurant. I couldn't find a lot of selections that I prefered so I ordered the scallops (my first experience). However, I sort of miss those scallops now that I'm away so I'm going to turn my opinion more into the positive.

Comments