The Copper Beech Inn

Tags

Luxury Travel Road Trip Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast Done Right...

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2010

I stayed at the Copper Beech Inn because it's featured in 1000 Things to See Before You Die. I enjoyed my stay here, and I stayed much of the time I had my room. I got here close to check-in and because there wasn't a whole lot in the area I hadn't done I ended up watching tv, blogging and napping most of my afternoon away.

I made reservations at the restaurant here, Brasserie Pip, and enjoyed it as well, as you can read in the restaurants section.

I stayed on a weekday at the end of June so there were specials online. They were offering a suite for the price of a regular room. However, the special was supposed to be the price times 2 for double occupancy. So the $130 A PERSON didn't apply to me since I was by myself. They charged $260. I told the staff that I was alone and I was not willing to pay double and that I'd gladly accept a different room. But I guess because they weren't booked for many other rooms, they let me stay in the suite for the price of a regular room. It hit my credit card as the big price, but through a talk with the management and a phone call I received my money back on the card. The problem was, this was day TWO of having problems with bed and breakfasts overcharging my card. So it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I stayed in the Garden Suite. The extra sitting room with the sofa and tv was great for my afternoon. There was no table to put my laptop on but I set it on the arm of the sofa. The bed was spacious and comfy. The bathroom was huge and I enjoyed the stand-up shower, without trying the classic bathtub option. I really appreciated the water and ice waiting in the room for me. It was a nice touch to show the class of the Copper Beech Inn.

They also had rooms featured in their old horse stables. I took a (horrible) picture of the blue building to see but I have no clue what the rooms were like. In the main house it was quiet and very peaceful.

Unique Quality: The bathroom was gigantic. The garden was a nice touch. Very quiet and peaceful.

Nearby The Copper Beech Inn

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast

Ivoryton Travel Forum

Need advice about Ivoryton, Connecticut? Visit the Travel Forum for Ivoryton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Ivoryton Travel Guide