Meriden Hotels

Our Members Say

• elitecity profile photo elitecity
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Enjoyed My Stay: Four Points Meriden

I enjoyed my stay quite a bit. It was by no means a luxury Hotel (but what Four Points is, right?). Service was excellent, room was comfortable and quiet. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this place to anyone.

Nothing really unique, just a good run of the mill Four Points hotel.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written February 1, 2012

• Gypsystravels profile photo Gypsystravels
  • Reviews: 3266

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Four Points Sheraton: Good enough stay for our needs

Ferni and I choose hotels for our road trips based on two criterias, price and location.

The hotel was a good choice for us during a recent roadtrip since it was conveniently located at exit 16 off of I-91. We were heading north on a Friday night and just wanted a cheap accessible hotel.

We arrived at the hotel sometime around 9:30 pm to an easy check in process. Josy checked us in quite easily and told us about the "free roll" . They have dice in a dish which they ask that you roll, if you roll an even number you get 250 extra Starwood points, if you roll an odd, you get a free appetizer at their bar/restaurant and if you roll a double you get both. Ferni is good with dice and rolled an even number our first stay and a double our second stay.

The room was your basic king room which didn't impress me much but was clean and suited our needs. The bed was nice and comfy which provided us with a good nights sleep.

The hotel provides free coffee, has a gym and pool (which I did not check out) and free parking.

During our second stay we encountered a different expereince. The hotel messed up our reservations and the person at the front (can't recall her name) insisted we had booked a pre-paid for a stay during the week. Since it was late and I didn't have my printed confirmation with me, I decided not to make a stink especially since she said she would accommodate us by "comp" since we had paid already.

We made our way to the room after some exchange and the room was less than adequate. Although it stated it was a non-smoking room, the room reaked of smoke. Ferni turned on the air and luckily I carry with me small scented candles which made a big difference. We didn't want to go back down to the reception area considering the earlier mix up.

Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. This was our second experience with SPG which left us with a sour taste about the chain. Because of the current promotion, we have a few more stays at other hotels, so hopefully this was an isolated experience and won't turn us off completely to this chain.

All in all, our two stays here were enough for our needs and given the opportunity we will probably stick with our other preferred hotels (Marriott, Hilton). We paid $79 a night for each of our stays.

Many of our weekend road trips will include an inexpensive hotel, which fills two requirements for us, ease of being closer to where we want to be and fulfilling certain requirements for our hotel programs.

Sheraton hotels aren't usually on our list of hotels to frequent simply because we do not have status in this hotel chain and the limited amount of hotels within this chain for places we like to visit.

We decided to give the SPG brand a try and take advantage of the "Gateaway Free Promotion" where every three stays earns a free resort night award at over 200 hotels worldwide (we have an upcoming trip which will be a good use of these certificates). Not bad of a promotion when you consider many of the hotels listed for the free award are top tier hotels.

• Opinion of Price: about average

• KarenandCory profile photo KarenandCory
  • Reviews: 373

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden: Four Points by Sheraton Meriden

All of our service was shoddy. The hotel itself is average.
We stayed here for a wedding. We booked and had confirmation numbers for 3 rooms, but only got 2. The front desk staff stared at us with blank faces and just kept telling us we had 2 rooms. After much haggling, we were able to get a 3rd room. Our rooms were not what we booked and paid for- we asked for King beds and got Queens. Not really a big deal. However, we were supposed to be attending a wedding and one of the rooms hadn't been serviced yet. We went down to Brady's restaurant in the hotel to kill some time until the room was ready. Our orders were messed up twice; first we got burgers we didn't order, then a salad we didn't order. Then when it was time to pay the bill, our waitress couldn't find our order in the system. "It's like you were never here," said she. So we had to wait another length of time until we were properly rang up.

Finally, it's time to go to our rooms. We are exhausted because we just drove from Massachusetts. All we wanted was to relax a little before the wedding. The 3rd room was still not ready. We had to wait until it was cleaned. After 3 hours we finally get into our room. It was now 4:00- exactly when the wedding began. At about 4:15 someone knocked on our door and opened it to come in, almost walking in on us. It was what appeared to be a manager who seemed very surprised someone was in the room. Who knows what that was about.
Now we're annoyed because we are tired and late for the wedding. Unfortunately the service at the reception was not much better. Surly servers, looking very unhappy with their jobs, attended to each table.

The pool was the best part of our trip.

• Opinion of Price: about average